Darius Miles?

Is there any news? I used the search function, but alas, nothing. Last I heard he was on the verge of signing with the Grizz?

[h1]Grizzlies sign F Miles[/h1]
Dec 13, 7:23 pm EST

SUNNYVALE, CALIFORNIA (TICKER) -Darius Miles signed a minimum-salary contract with the Memphis Grizzlies, according to a report from Yahoo! Sports on Saturday.

Citing an anonymous source, the web site said that the Grizzlies inked the 27-year-old Miles after considering D-League options to fill an open roster spot. Memphis had room after trading point guard Javaris Crittenton to the Washington Wizards on Wednesday.

Miles, who reportedly also worked out for the Los Angeles Clippers, has not played an NBA regular-season game since April 15, 2006, thanks to a right knee injury.

In fact, Miles was waived by the Portland Trail Blazers last season when an independent doctor deemed his injury career-ending. The Blazers, as a result, were allowed to remove the $18 million that was owed to Miles over two seasons from their salary cap.

The ruling allowed Portland to become a threat in the summer of 2010, when a bevy of superstars - including LeBron James - hit the free-agent market.

However, according to the report, the Blazers again would be saddled with the money if Miles plays in 10 games this season. The forward will be suspended for the first 10 games he is on a team's active roster after violating the league's anti-doping policy.

The third overall pick in the 2000 draft by the Clippers, Miles was drafted out of high school and has averaged 10.7 points and 5.2 rebounds in parts of six seasons with three teams.

He spent training camp with the Boston Celtics this season but was waived before the start of the campaign.

YESSS!!!

Will he be added to the active roster?

Sorry, I just miss my formative NBA years... DMiles, Q, and Lamar.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

there goes my blazers salary cap
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
dude better get another career ending injury before 10 games.

he should go to the knicks so he can reunited with q-rich...if he still has the legs and explosiveness hed be good for d'antoni

bambam-752409.jpg

Loved the head bumps these two did, hope he can get his career back on track.

anyone know if Miles will be playing tomorrow against Dallas? He's eligible to play tomorrow

damn me and blazer nation holding our breath. If I was any team in the west I would sign him and play him just to screw over portland.

thats brings back fond memories. The old clipper days, with the head bumps and what not. hahah

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

bambam-752409.jpg

Loved the head bumps these two did, hope he can get his career back on track.

His career was never on track. Way overhyped from the get-go. BUM.

random PG
the juice
Hakeem
Gay
Gasol

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

edit: Miles gotta come off the bench sorry

He just checked in with a minute and some change left.. Grizz up by 20

Back
Top Bottom