Damn, Elon...you scary.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

And he is the founder and CEO of Tesla Motors. The car company that is quietly revolutionizing the auto industry with its every move.  

laugh.gif
 not sure if srs.

Tesla was the start of the new modern day electric car. It might not be followed to the letter but it is important at the moment
Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by scshift

If he's doing that with less than a billion though, imagine what someone like Bill Gates could do with over $50 billion in control.

What is there to imagine? He's doing it with his foundation. Cars and spaceships are nothing when compared to saving kids from malaria and polio.http://www.gatesfoundatio...s/2011-annual-letter.pdf
Its alot more important if not just the same.

Human population is WAAAAAAAAAAY to big. Far exceeding the carry capacity of this Planet. If we improve Technology we can increase the carrying capacity with better energy or get  space travel going we will be ALOT better in the long run.

If he's doing that with less than a billion though, imagine what someone like Bill Gates could do with over $50 billion in control.

What is there to imagine? He's doing it with his foundation. Cars and spaceships are nothing when compared to saving kids from malaria and polio.http://www.gatesfoundatio...s/2011-annual-letter.pdf

You kind of answered your own question. I was wondering what would happen if someone like Bill Gates focused his wealth on cars and spaceships. What kind of technologies/advancements would we have, etc.

I understand that technological innovations are not as important as ensuring everyone in the world a healthy life. At the same time though, those cures aren't new/groundbreaking. They require money to purchase... me and you could go out right now and donate money for a polio vaccine. But me and you can't go out and find a way to bring space travel to the masses.

One isn't as important as the other, but I was wondering how it would be if the richest and brightest people in the world pooled their resources together to develop and engineer technologies.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

And he is the founder and CEO of Tesla Motors. The car company that is quietly revolutionizing the auto industry with its every move.  

laugh.gif
 not sure if srs.

Tesla was the start of the new modern day electric car. It might not be followed to the letter but it is important at the moment

Human population is WAAAAAAAAAAY to big. Far exceeding the carry capacity of this Planet. If we improve Technology we can increase the carrying capacity with better energy or get  space travel going we will be ALOT better in the long run.

What are you talkin about? Human pop is too big? You do know that vaccination helps the most right? Why do you think people have so many kids? Read up on it.Tesla is still a corporation at the end of the day. If he really wanted to save the world, sell those vehicles at a major loss. But he won't now, will he? Foundation vs. Corporation. How can you compare?!

To be fair, Gates did run an extremely profitable public corporation for many years before he was able to transition into private philanthropy...

To be fair, Gates did run an extremely profitable public corporation for many years before he was able to transition into private philanthropy...

I'm sure Musk has his own foundation as well. I'm a big fan of the dude but it's ludicrous to compare what he's doing to the B&M Foundation. C'mon now. He's targeting privileged folks (most of us). Gates is targeting the most fragile.

I'm sure Musk has his own foundation as well. I'm a big fan of the dude but it's ludicrous to compare what he's doing to the B&M Foundation. C'mon now. He's targeting privileged folks (most of us). Gates is targeting the most fragile.

I feel you.
No argument on that point.

I've dreamed of driving a Tesla for a while now.
I had no idea the founder was responsible for other things I'm familiar with.

Good post.

laugh.gif
 not sure if srs.

What are you talkin about? Human pop is too big? You do know that vaccination helps the most right? Why do you think people have so many kids? Read up on it.Tesla is still a corporation at the end of the day. If he really wanted to save the world, sell those vehicles at a major loss. But he won't now, will he? Foundation vs. Corporation. How can you compare?!

The amount of resources used by the everyday american FAAAAAAR exceeds someone from the developing world. This is means that it takes alot more to live the way you live then someone from the developing world. Everyone in the world can not live to the industrial world standard like in American. We would all be poor. So in meaning there is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too many people. 
The purpose of the vaccination is to help and people have alot of kids because of alot of reasons so lets not go there

Yes Tesla is a corporation, their purpose is supercars to sell to the rich just like every other Supercar company like Ferrari except they use electric vehicles. They never were a charity of any 

kind but because of how they are doing things it leads to tech advances which will help everyone else. 

I was talking about how space travel and electric cars will help Human Kind as a whole alot more if not just as much as passing out vaccines. Yes its cold but thats how I see it.

Who was comparing? If you were referring to my comment, I was only speculating what would be accomplished if someone with access to even greater resources contributed towards the advancement of engineering and technology... this has nothing to do with who has better morals, or who is a better person, or even who is more successful.

The amount of resources used by the everyday american FAAAAAAR exceeds someone from the developing world. This is means that it takes alot more to live the way you live then someone from the developing world. Everyone in the world can not live to the industrial world standard like in American. We would all be poor. So in meaning there is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too many people. 
The purpose of the vaccination is to help and people have alot of kids because of alot of reasons so lets not go there

Yes Tesla is a corporation, their purpose is supercars to sell to the rich just like every other Supercar company like Ferrari except they use electric vehicles. They never were a charity of any 

kind but because of how they are doing things it leads to tech advances which will help everyone else. 

I was talking about how space travel and electric cars will help Human Kind as a whole alot more if not just as much as passing out vaccines. Yes its cold but thats how I see it.

What the hell are you doing with the colors? Don't ever do that again. 
I just don't understand how someone can compare a philanthropy to a corporation. 

Anyways, this isn't a productive discussion. There is no way I will ever value the future of privileged folk over the present of the poor. Not saying the former is not a worthwhile endeavor but the latter is far more paramount in my opinion. 

What the hell are you doing with the colors? Don't ever do that again. 
I just don't understand how someone can compare a philanthropy to a corporation. 

Anyways, this isn't a productive discussion. There is no way I will ever value the future of privileged folk over the present of the poor. Not saying the former is not a worthwhile endeavor but the latter is far more paramount in my opinion. 
LOL I didn't feel like doing a silly Putty  so I tried to be creative.
You compared corporation to philanthropy when you said

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Cars and spaceships are nothing when compared to saving kids from malaria and polio 

If I never said it was the future of privileged folks. I said Human Kind as a whole, though everything starts out as a richs man toy. There will always be a someone trying to save Africa which does not do a damn thing but stall the issue but the more people advancing space tech is alot better in the long run for the advances that come from it helps everyone

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by JayHood23

$307 mil at 23.....I'd act a fool

186x282.jpg

Mark Zuckerberg, #14 in Forbes 500.... $18 Billion at age 27 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mark's "mark" on humanity is much less of an importance on Elon's.

The correlation between the two's popularity, earnings and importance to our future is really a statement on where we stand today as a society.

Elon, like his company's name, is the closest we have (that I'm aware of) to a modern day Nikola Tesla. Salute.

Back
Top Bottom