Dammnnnnn.....What are y'all thoughts on this video

What, you thought the justice system was fair? 
laugh.gif

Inb4 the predictable debacle this thread will inevitably become.

I used to get upset by things like this, but this is the way it is. It's the way our society has been for decades.

There's nothing we can do as minorities, except stay out of trouble, and half the time, that isn't even enough.

It wasn't until I started hanging around and interacting with white kids that I really saw how rigged the "justice system" was.

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

I used to get upset by things like this, but this is the way it is. It's the way our society has been for decades.

There's nothing we can do as minorities, except stay out of trouble, and half the time, that isn't even enough.

You should still be upset though, it is the way it is is just accepting.
"There's nothing we can do as minorities." True, but not true. With all the problems with this, put the racism aside for one second. Minorities in this country are often living in poverty. What does this mean? It means that they probably live in bad areas, and go to bad schools. These schools don't teach these kids anything, for the most part. 

What comes with being uneducated? High School dropouts, can't get a job, start doing things for quick money = another statistic.

Another problem with the lack of education is teen pregnancy among females. Stats show that the less educated a female is, the more likely she is to become pregnant. (More education leads to college, than career. Ever notice how career women put off having kids?) So the problem here is when these girls get pregnant, what happens? They drop out of school. Often times, these young fathers don't stick around, so your have a single mother at 16 who has to work at McDonalds just to feed her kid.

This means there is another generation of poverty, it's a cycle. 

Education is a huge problem in this country, and it trickles down into the lives of everyday people, as you can see in the video (not sure how accurate it is, but we know how it works out there) 

So the solution is..

A. Good parenting

B. Education

Although it's not so simple, it is as simple as that.

Nothing new...I mean, Black, White....They're all criminals
laugh.gif

I'm not going to blame the system for arresting more black youth than white youth for guns and/or drug possession...BUT I will blame the system if Black youth has a higher conviction rate than white youth...Where are those numbers?

In most cases, the cops aint planting the drugs or guns on these kids... So I don't feel sorry for them...Black or White.

You wanna break the law w/o consequences? Don't get caught.....simple as that

im sorry but this is stupid to me. People who break the law get no sympathy from me you have a gun or drugs and get caught and cry because the white kid you were with didn't get charged? You know what you were doing was wrong and you did it anyway thats no ones fault but your own. We need to stop crying and looking for "justice" and just dont break the law. Same people getting locked up are gonna wonder why all the white people can find jobs but they working at burger king.

And im black cry to someone who cares

i would like to see how these numbers were made up. im not saying its true but if someone is going to throw statistics my direction i would like to see a source at least and how they got their numbers

A depressing reminder of the life and times of a black man.

That's why I don't even speak on it anymore to ppl. By now you either know about it or don't.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

i would like to see how these numbers were made up. im not saying its true but if someone is going to throw statistics my direction i would like to see a source at least and how they got their numbers

Sources are easily available with a simple Google search.
There are a litany of studies which conclude the same disparities.

education does play a huge role but in these poverty stricken areas the parents don't care for the kids so why should the rich where parents are at the school events and baking for the bake sales and helping out the football teams ,car pooling for the soccer teams , going to the bands performances. Why should they suffer why give extra support to the poor if they don't use it for what its meant for? To better yourself.

I know people whose grandparents, Parents, and older siblings all live in the same projects on the same goverment housing programs and aid. Why are we helping these people so they can go buy the new Gucci and gold let them struggle and work their way out of it.

It is a cycle but its up to the individual to break it not society

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

education does play a huge role but in these poverty stricken areas the parents don't care for the kids so why should the rich where parents are at the school events and baking for the bake sales and helping out the football teams ,car pooling for the soccer teams , going to the bands performances. Why should they suffer why give extra support to the poor if they don't use it for what its meant for? To better yourself.

I know people whose grandparents, Parents, and older siblings all live in the same projects on the same goverment housing programs and aid. Why are we helping these people so they can go buy the new Gucci and gold let them struggle and work their way out of it.

Well, the only reason these people can do all of that is because they can afford to. What, do you think rich parents love their kids more? Be real.. 

Really, cause that's whats been working out for so far right.. 
eyes.gif
 That is exactly how we are handling things, and it hasn't helped one bit. The thing is, there should be more regulation on government aid, we got drug addicts collecting disability, getting Section 8 and welfare, thats pointless. 
What your saying is basically let these people suffer, with the tiny chance of hope they can better themselves. Why not step in and make a difference now?

I'll repeat what I said: Education is the key for our society. Not only will it change people's everyday lives for the reasons I spoke on earlier, but it will help us further develop in areas where our country is falling behind like math & science.

I know this is somewhat derailing OP's post, but these are my thoughts about it.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

really telling me to google that? putting numbers infront of me and when i ask for a source you say google it?
indifferent.gif
dont respond to a question with out an answer

really telling me to google that? putting numbers infront of me and when i ask for a source you say google it?
indifferent.gif
I didn't put any numbers in front of you but if you really cared about the subject all you had to do was hit Google.
Within 30 seconds you would have whatever extra confirmation you needed.

You really don't care enough about the topic and I don't really care enough to do the work for you but i'll respond as I please. 

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Well, the only reason these people can do all of that is because they can afford to. What, do you think rich parents love their kids more? Be real.. 

Really, cause that's whats been working out for so far right.. 
eyes.gif
 That is exactly how we are handling things, and it hasn't helped one bit. The thing is, there should be more regulation on government aid, we got drug addicts collecting disability, getting Section 8 and welfare, thats pointless. 
What your saying is basically let these people suffer, with the tiny chance of hope they can better themselves. Why not step in and make a difference now?

I'll repeat what I said: Education is the key for our society. Not only will it change people's everyday lives for the reasons I spoke on earlier, but it will help us further develop in areas where our country is falling behind like math & science.

I know this is somewhat derailing OP's post, but these are my thoughts about it.

It doesnt take much to go to a football game, parent teacher conferences, join the pta all of those are free all you need to do is give a damn and trust me i have went to a public school in the Bronx and also a Public and Private school in the suburbs Public had low income families as well as upper class families. The ones who care show up rich or not. 

It doesnt take much to go to a football game, parent teacher conferences, join the pta all of those are free all you need to do is give a damn and trust me i have went to a public school in the Bronx and also a Public and Private school in the suburbs Public had low income families as well as upper class families. The ones who care show up rich or not. 

How can do expect a single mother, who possibly works multiple jobs, to show up to a football game? It's a lot deeper than extracurriculars man.. I'm talking about eduction reform, your on something way different.

How can do expect a single mother, who possibly works multiple jobs, to show up to a football game? It's a lot deeper than extracurriculars man.. I'm saying eduction, your on something way different.
My original statement was that why would the education get better if no1 cares to make it better. But you are correct we are talking about totally diff things. I learned most about life from my years playing basketball and football with good coaches who taught their players more than a play book. We learned about life right and wrong bottom line you mess up you don't play simple as that. More than a classroom can teach me but that is just me everyone is different 

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom