da "Sneaker bubble" apparently is bursting...

I think a good example of the market being oversaturated and people just getting "tired" is the recent release of the Black/Red 13s. You can go on all the footsites, NDC, and SNKRS and find your size. A few years ago, these would have been gone. Either Nike/Jordan made way too many pairs, so they're just sitting, or the hype wasn't there. It varies with every shoe that is released. Also, Adidas is killing the lifestyle game with their NMD's and Ultraboosts. So maybe people are just more into those than they are with Nikes/Jordan.

i think people that would've want em already have prior retros.

they're gonna burn slow for back to school season, but this is da first time i ever seen em lamp out.

Saw this thread pop up while I was lurking during my break time at work, so let me just drop my 2 cents on it.

Jordan Brand raises the price of most retros to $190, which is probably about close to $210 post-tax..........you damn right you're gonna eventually see a ton of Retro Jordan colorways sitting.

As for why hyped Adidas are sitting, Adidas is just simply making more supply and the demand is just str8 up going stagnant IMO. When the next pair of Yeezy Boosts get released, then you'll see Adidas dropping sell outs again.

How do these compare to your 2005 pair? My pair are on their way.

IMG_20170820_002708.jpg
IMG_20170820_002555.jpg

red suede nap is not long compared to da new one (a plus) and da newer red is slightly brighter otherwise their identical.

jesus these are so ugly.. How a grown man out of college can wear something like this outside of a basketball court is beyond me

Ugly? No

I agree about wearing most retros outside of a gym/basketball setting tho, include these in there

I have a soft spot for em since I had the OG as a kid and prob one of my favorite shoes ever. Tough as nails back in the day too

How y'all hoop in js tho?

How did Wilt Chamberlain play in chucks? CHUCKS.

Lol, Retros aren't that bad though. The average athlete usually won't push them past their limit. I've seen some dudes ballin' in Filas and Reebok on outdoor courts without a problem.

I cringe a little when I hear people geeked for a release. Can't believe they're taxing 190 for joints tho.

Back
Top Bottom