Da Official Apple WWDC Thread: June 7, 2010- 10AM PST/1PM EST

This may be a dumb question but on the 24th will it only be available at The Apple Store itself or will select AT&T stores have units available as well? I haven't copped an iPhone on release date so I wasn't sure.

i feel you icykicks but my contract doesnt expire in dec.....im eligible for upgrade in dec and have a blackberry 9700. is it for people who have 3gs or everybody.

Originally Posted by Storm2006

This may be a dumb question but on the 24th will it only be available at The Apple Store itself or will select AT&T stores have units available as well? I haven't copped an iPhone on release date so I wasn't sure.

both Apple and ATT store

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Was not as impressed
frown.gif

• Same 3.5' screen when others are doing 3.7, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.3.
  • Same homescreen since 2007, it's showing it's varicose veins.
  • Facetime is WiFi only -_+
The only thing that looked interesting was the quality of 5MP camera and all the software integration into it, other than that, ill be sticking with my 2G iPhone and Evo 4G.

higher resolution on a smaller screen > large displays w/ low resolution
don't like the homescreen? hack it.

w/ at&t's new data plans, EFF video chat over 3g

but i guess to each his own. the 32gb will be MINE 
devil.gif

blah!

Originally Posted by icykicks79

Originally Posted by FEETure

so he said if your contract ends in 2010 you can upgrade early.....what about if your eligible for upgrade in dec. 2010(12 months) can you still upgrade....
maybe i understood things wrong but im just trying to see if i will be paying 299 or upwards of 599.

11:41AM "AT&T is going to make an incredibly generous upgrade offer. If your contract expires at any time in 2010, you can upgrade to the iPhone 4. You can get it up to six months early."
mine expires in 2011 and im eligilbe if i pay the 18 dollar upgrade fee 

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Both Apple and AT&T. I would suggest you pre-order and have it shipped. I don't know if they are guaranteeing street date delivery like they did with the 3GS but them long lines ain't worth it to me, I got a damn job.

will love to see how impressive the screen resolution will be. I won't be getting an iphone 4 until it's unlocked to t-mobile. AT&T has the worse service in my area hands down.

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

Was not as impressed
frown.gif

The only thing that looked interesting was the quality of 5MP camera and all the software integration into it, other than that, ill be sticking with my 2G iPhone and Evo 4G.

devil.gif

blah!
Yes, the pixel count has been upgraded, still would be nice if Apple would upgrade the screen size as well. I know you can Jailbreak, would be nice if Apple went outside the box... for once. WiFi only video chat is dumb, than again AT&T network isn't ready for the primetime yet. Word, to each there own my friend.

June 24th cant come soon enuff, my contract is up July so im straaaight. Now its just deciding between the 16 or 32

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Storm2006 wrote:

Both Apple and AT&T. I would suggest you pre-order and have it shipped. I don't know if they are guaranteeing street date delivery like they did with the 3GS but them long lines ain't worth it to me, I got a damn job.

I think if there is one thing that Apple learned, is to supply on release date. I remember the 3Gs line and it was long but I knew people that went in there at like 5pm after work and still got it no problem. Even my friend said one Apple store ran out of white ones at the time but had it restocked in days.

I think if any, no need to camp out or any of that business. I'll probably just go after work and even if they don't have it in stock, I can wait a week or two. Not like I am going to be iChating once I get it or anything that much different then what I have.

Was not as impressed
frown.gif

devil.gif

blah!
Yes, the pixel count has been upgraded, still would be nice if Apple would upgrade the screen size as well. I know you can Jailbreak, would be nice if Apple went outside the box... for once. WiFi only video chat is dumb, than again AT&T network isn't ready for the primetime yet. Word, to each there own my friend.

I was at first disappointed at the smaller screens and the whole 5MP issue, but seeing how high the ppi and resolution is i can see why so no biggies. Its like the guy said above. Its like comparing a 32 in HD tv versus a 60 in regular tv. Sure its bigger but the images etc will not be as defined,crisp, and sharp, and wont have as much clarity.

The whole video chat is blah, and thats just not for the iPhone 4 its for every video phone and every server. One there isnt enough ppl with a video phone for it to make a difference. Two no company out has the baseband and speed to make it run fluid. And third I just dont see this as being very popular well atleast right now, I mean video chatting at home(which is been out forever) isnt even that big on a global scale.

Overall I see this phone as a 3GS jailbroken, with a faster OS, a much improved camera/screen resolution, And a more efficient battery.

Just looking at IOS 4, it basically does everything we already have with a jailbroken phone: Catergories, infinidock, multitask, 5X zoom, autofocus, etc. All these updates are things we already have had the last year or so with jailbroken apps etc.

Not to take away from the phone, but my major issue is stepping from the 3GS. Being able to use and d/l apps etc for free etc the customization, giving all that up just for HD, a better screen etc, and the ability to see ppl when i speak to them (again like i said this isnt even relative now). Its gonna be a hard choice to make. 

Pretty pissed, in the past apple has offered the discounted price to anyone who bought the previous gen within like a week of launch. I got a 3GS and cant upgrade til feb '11, what's good with that?

Was not as impressed
frown.gif

devil.gif

blah!

overgrown phones (HD2) look like squared-off frisbees.. waaaay to big. 
laugh.gif

face time wifi chat >> no video chat at all. 
ohwell.gif

i do however, agree with you on the outdated home screen.. they really need to implement Androids slide-down notifications x multiple home screens 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Diego

Would I be grandfathered in for the unlimited Data plan if I have a blackberry unlimited data plan?

you can keep any existing smartphone/blackberry data pricing that you had on your acct prior to June 7...you're grandfathered in

fyi: i do sales for at&t  

correct me if im wrong but was the 3gs sold out the first day? I should know this so i could prepare.

Back
Top Bottom