Cyber Bullying.. internet IS serious business..? lol

have kids gone this soft? 
indifferent.gif
 has it really gotten to a point that massive ad campaigns need to be created?
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cyber+bullying&aq=0

whatever happened to playground bullying? 

btw: im an 80's baby.. D.A.R.E. grad.. still drug free to this day 
pimp.gif

I think its just a different environment than what we grew up with. I think its hard for us older folks (30 here) to understand what its like to be a kid in this internet age.

Are kids these days softer than we were growing up? Probably. But they also have a lot of different stress inducing factors to deal with that we didn't.

There have been cases of relentless cyber bullying that led kids to off themselves. Atleast when it happens at school, teachers and administrators somewhat have the ability to step in and do something about it. I dont use Facebook myself, but it seems like serious business, especially to the younger generation. I think about that South Park episode on facebook where that nerd kid was so engrossed with being popular and having friends on FB. I dont think that is a big stretch of the imagination by any means.

God willing, I will have kids in the near future and as a future parent I plan on combatting bullying (real and cyber) by having my kid train Muay Thai, Wrestling, and Jiu Jitsu right out of the womb. That way he can go around handing out roundhouse kicks to the face to any punk kid that tries to give him a hard time.

I think its just a different environment than what we grew up with. I think its hard for us older folks (30 here) to understand what its like to be a kid in this internet age.

Are kids these days softer than we were growing up? Probably. But they also have a lot of different stress inducing factors to deal with that we didn't.

There have been cases of relentless cyber bullying that led kids to off themselves. Atleast when it happens at school, teachers and administrators somewhat have the ability to step in and do something about it. I dont use Facebook myself, but it seems like serious business, especially to the younger generation. I think about that South Park episode on facebook where that nerd kid was so engrossed with being popular and having friends on FB. I dont think that is a big stretch of the imagination by any means.

God willing, I will have kids in the near future and as a future parent I plan on combatting bullying (real and cyber) by having my kid train Muay Thai, Wrestling, and Jiu Jitsu right out of the womb. That way he can go around handing out roundhouse kicks to the face to any punk kid that tries to give him a hard time.

If you think about it, getting beat up in the playground results in temporary wounds, but the thing someone says on the internet is there forever. I can see why it's a serious issue.

If you think about it, getting beat up in the playground results in temporary wounds, but the thing someone says on the internet is there forever. I can see why it's a serious issue.

just shows what technology is doing to young minds nowadays.

I was born 1990 and this to me is RIDICULOUS! cyber bullying?!?! where they do that at

just shows what technology is doing to young minds nowadays.

I was born 1990 and this to me is RIDICULOUS! cyber bullying?!?! where they do that at

this is one of those topics that us late-teen/early twenties and older get what it is but at the same time we dont "get" it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
since it never really happened to us

also im sure that this is probably a way bigger problem for girls than it is for guys which is another reason we on this board have have trouble "understanding" it

this is one of those topics that us late-teen/early twenties and older get what it is but at the same time we dont "get" it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
since it never really happened to us

also im sure that this is probably a way bigger problem for girls than it is for guys which is another reason we on this board have have trouble "understanding" it

Last thing suburban pre teens need is internet access w/ a web cam, you're asking for trouble honestly. Easy to prevent though, just turn off the computer
indifferent.gif
 No one w/ half a brain should be victim to "cyber bullying"

Last thing suburban pre teens need is internet access w/ a web cam, you're asking for trouble honestly. Easy to prevent though, just turn off the computer
indifferent.gif
 No one w/ half a brain should be victim to "cyber bullying"

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

bigger problem for girls than it is for guys which is another reason we on this board have have trouble "understanding" it

i know where youre getting at.. but look at those ads.. theyre nothing but preteen/teen boys getting called "freak", "loser", etc (im sure its alot harsher in real life).. suicides are also mostly boys.. 
it's crazy.. why not just block the # or SN?

Back
Top Bottom