CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

Originally Posted by diazTWENTY3

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by j o 19

sthebest  ... YOUVE DONE SUCH A SOLID JOB YOU BROUGHT ME OUT OF LURKING.

QUESTION: DID YOU USE RIT DYE ROYAL, NAVY, DENIM, OR EVENING BLUE..THERE ARE JUST SO MANY TYPES OF BLUES TO CHOOSE FROM...AND IF YOU COULD GIVE US THAT VID WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE...IM SCARED TO USE SEAGLOW ON ANYTHING BUT ILL TRY IT WIT YOUR METHOD..THANKS.

NICE JOB!!

thanks and welcome back!

im sorry I should have clarified..I used Rit ROYAL BLUE dye. I should have a video tutorial ready for you guys soon..Im working out a deal to dye some Space Jams so stay tuned
pimp.gif

p.s. if anyone is scared to do this themselves, I will certainly do it for them for a reasonable price.

Cant wait for a video and keeping in mind you'd do it for a reasonable price might come to some interest! Whats a reasonable price? Might consider shipping out some kicks! Would love to send my 00 jams out for the process!

I was thinking in the price range of 30 plus s/h. Hit me up and we can talk about details.

Those SJ's look so dope
pimp.gif

incredible stuff sthebest... i'm seriously considering trying this method out for myself.

i just don't want to blow it and ruin my shoes.

*patiently waiting for tutorial video*

pimp.gif
+
smokin.gif
x 1000000000000000000000000000 to the power of 100000000000
That's sick.
i feel like buying a pair of OG Columbia's and trying this.
or now, i feel like buying the Anniversary's

I wish my SJs didnt yellow so I could do this (matter of fact I wish they didnt just because), but man those look amazing

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by BigEli500

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS! how in the BLUE hell did that guy to that to his shoes!? That looks amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. Please, tutorial for all of us. Also, how long does this last? Does it fade?
Thanks guys. It's funny how people said I originally ruined my Concords when I first posted pics in the restoration thread with my crappy old camera
grin.gif
 Anywho, no the dye doesnt fade. Trust me, I put it to the test by scrubbing the hell out of the soles on the Concords multiple times with a SOS pad and even using straight bleach the excess dye. It's permanent if done right.

This is what you want to do
1.) Mix a small 1/2 cup of 2/3 sea glow and 1/3 powder dye.
2.) Mix it together really well. The dye should dissolve into the sea glow (I usually make mines a little lumpy to get a deeper tint)
3.) Take a paint brush and carefully paint the soles. If it bleeds onto the midsole, then quickly wipe it away with a wet rag that has soap on it)
4.) Let sit for 5-10 minutes
5.) Whatever is not dissolved into the soles, just wipe away.

voila! blue tinted soles. I will be making a video tutorial sometime soon. no more yellowing
pimp.gif
 I wore my Concords several times and theyve held up perfect. Ive also worn my anniversary XIs 1 time and they havent turned the slightest bit yellow. In fact, the sole is comparable to my Bred XIs
nice, tutorial will be helpful, thx.

can you only purchase RIT dye online or is it in stores? i know that seaglow has to be ordered online. thanks for any help. AWESOME JOB! you have to be commended on your work. GREAT JOB!

Wow that blue tint looks nice man I wonder if that works on all soles and if it cud b a quicker way then seaglow to remove yellowing....one thing that I don't like is that it was too blue kinda gave the concords that FAKE tint

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

can you only purchase RIT dye online or is it in stores? i know that seaglow has to be ordered online. thanks for any help. AWESOME JOB! you have to be commended on your work. GREAT JOB!

thanks my dude. RIT dye can be bought in certain art supply stores. for instance, I bought mines at Michael's.

If I had a pair of ann 11 I would personally send them to you and have you dye them for me for a fee obviously, very nice.

Definitely an awesome job.
A bit blue for me, but I may try this with a lighter tint of blue.
Again, great job!

I wonder if GREEN dye would work on some already yellowed soles. Will it turn them blue? Hmmm.. My guy has a pair of fakes in his basement. I'm going to try and give him like $5 for them and try it out on one shoe and then try the blue dye on the other shoe. It should be an interesting experiment if I can get the shoes.

Back
Top Bottom