CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

Originally Posted by king26

Originally Posted by sthebest

you did a great job, spoiledfeet! and props on giving me credit.

dont think I got around to posting these...Midnight VI with a Ice Blue tint. Bottom needs to be sea glowed for a day but afterwards will be as icey as the sides

*$*? Why?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by king26

Originally Posted by sthebest

you did a great job, spoiledfeet! and props on giving me credit.

dont think I got around to posting these...Midnight VI with a Ice Blue tint. Bottom needs to be sea glowed for a day but afterwards will be as icey as the sides

*$*? Why?
because theyre my shoes and ill do what i want with them, thats why
wink.gif

My weekend project.

Materials used:
Sea glow
Royal blue RIT dye
Small paint brush
Q Tip
Nail polish remover
Cotton ball

Result:

aa735d76e8d472364ac7f402a8db7843ee805eb.pjpg
b3925fae2e76542afb1a14244793c162857cf16.pjpg
8ba25bdee470041ff3aab2068154bc02a264582.pjpg
229258ee4c76c4fcfdca2ddd10ac118156b4288.pjpg
af715fe57a42fca004afa370758d5d7e8e56da2.pjpg
c2035ef6e8f877c140f3fa66ae0cac773985c58.pjpg

The bottom sole still has some spots that need to be cleaned, but I figured, who's going to see that.  Given this was my first attempt, I thought these turned out well.

Shout out to all the people suggesting the idea, it gives new life to these shoes.  Even when the soles were at the clear / white stage, having blue tint soles just made these SO MUCH BETTER!

Gotdamn those Space Jams are hardddd.

I'm too lazy, can you give me cliffnotes on how you did that to your soles??

So the more dye you use the darker the get? or more sea glow.. I dont want mine that dark thats why I am asking...

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

I pretty much followed the instructions given by others here.  However, since I live in the NW, I didn't have access to the bright sun.  
I'll outline my steps:
1) Apply Sea glow (small amount) with cotton ball to the bottom sole to clean out all the dirt, then wipe with a damp paper towel.  I try not to let sea glow sit too long.
2) Mix Sea glow and Royal blue RIT dye in a cup, then mix. Someone suggested 20ml of sea glow and a tsp of dye?  When you mix, the content should be really dark blue.
3) Use a small paint brush and have a lot of patience.  Dip the paint brush, but wipe the excess off of the brush in the cup.  When you apply on the sole, it should be a dark blue color, you may need to apply a couple of times. 
4) I applied the dye on the front, sides, and back.  I left the bottom part last.  Best way to avoid the dye running into the midsole is to place the shoe upright and paint around it, so even if the dye runs, it will be at the bottom sole.  If you do get some on your midsole, use a Qtip with nail polish remover. 
5) Once all the sides are done, let it sit for about 15-20mins.  Then I used a damp paper towel to wipe everything down, and to make sure it's dry.  Again I don't suggest letting sea glow sit for too long.  If you like the result of the color then the sides are done.  Now flip the shoe over and apply the bottom sole.  Word of advice, keep the shoe in balance.  If you tilt one side when applying the dye, this may run into the midsole.  SO BE CAREFUL!!  Always check where you are applying and see if any dye is running. 
6) Once the bottom is done, let it sit for 15-20 mins, then use a damp towel to wipe it down.

If you like it to be darker, then after you let it sit for 15-20, apply another coat to achieve the color you desire.  If the color was too dark, then use cotton balls with sea glow to lighten the color, let it sit for about 15-20 mins and check then wipe down with a damp paper towel.

Hope this helped.

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

So the more dye you use the darker the get? or more sea glow.. I dont want mine that dark thats why I am asking...
Just don't use too much dye.

Originally Posted by ruger04

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

I pretty much followed the instructions given by others here.  However, since I live in the NW, I didn't have access to the bright sun.  
I'll outline my steps:
1) Apply Sea glow (small amount) with cotton ball to the bottom sole to clean out all the dirt, then wipe with a damp paper towel.  I try not to let sea glow sit too long.
2) Mix Sea glow and Royal blue RIT dye in a cup, then mix. Someone suggested 20ml of sea glow and a tsp of dye?  When you mix, the content should be really dark blue.
3) Use a small paint brush and have a lot of patience.  Dip the paint brush, but wipe the excess off of the brush in the cup.  When you apply on the sole, it should be a dark blue color, you may need to apply a couple of times. 
4) I applied the dye on the front, sides, and back.  I left the bottom part last.  Best way to avoid the dye running into the midsole is to place the shoe upright and paint around it, so even if the dye runs, it will be at the bottom sole.  If you do get some on your midsole, use a Qtip with nail polish remover. 
5) Once all the sides are done, let it sit for about 15-20mins.  Then I used a damp paper towel to wipe everything down, and to make sure it's dry.  Again I don't suggest letting sea glow sit for too long.  If you like the result of the color then the sides are done.  Now flip the shoe over and apply the bottom sole.  Word of advice, keep the shoe in balance.  If you tilt one side when applying the dye, this may run into the midsole.  SO BE CAREFUL!!  Always check where you are applying and see if any dye is running. 
6) Once the bottom is done, let it sit for 15-20 mins, then use a damp towel to wipe it down.

If you like it to be darker, then after you let it sit for 15-20, apply another coat to achieve the color you desire.  If the color was too dark, then use cotton balls with sea glow to lighten the color, let it sit for about 15-20 mins and check then wipe down with a damp paper towel.

Hope this helped.

thanks man i'm gnna try this out.

The work I'm seeing is incredible; nice job you all! I have to pick up a pair of Anniversary's and try this immediately! I'm thinking about doing it with a red sole though....

just did mine few days ago...think i need to touch up a couple spots but overall I'm happy...look MUCH better in my opinion...but i was STRESSED out doin this man....all i hav to say is BE PATIENT!!! Have plenty of paper towels, etc...a steady hand and did i say PATIENCE?? Some of the pics look darker because of the lighting but i think the color is right on...big ups to STHEBEST...

unless u live on the west coast u prolly gonna hav to hit up ebay....as far as those...man, gonna b alot of work...u can get them to look BETTER..but not icy..

Back
Top Bottom