CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

I GOT RIT DYE ON THE PATENT LEATHER OF MY XI'S..HOW CAN I GET IT OUT..NEED HELP

has anyone tried dying their patent leather, and have pics of the results? possible solution for yellowed Columbia 11s?

Originally Posted by Pdigiti

Here's my small contribution.  Initially, the blue was a little too dark so I had to Seaglow the hell out of them a couple times to get the right shade of blue.  Sure beats piss yellow!

peace

388208571.jpg
388208570.jpg

388208568.jpg
388208569.jpg
those are
pimp.gif
 but you over did it with the blue looks 2 dark a little lighter would have looked better but none the less the look good

^^^^
Thanks for the feedback.  Yeah, if I could go back I would've tried to lighten the shade of blue.  It's not an exact science and I went off what other NT'ers posted so lesson learned.  I've Seaglowed them a couple more times and they have lightened up a hair so, in the end, for a pair to rock to the gym/around town, I can't complain.  BEATS PISS YELLOW FOR SURE!

peace

I'm honestly convinced to never wear the XI's. They are my favorite, and I own all the one's I like the most... but they are just soooooo damn delicate? When the Cool Grey come out, I might just buy 2 of them to wear one and collect one... I dunno? What do you guys think? I'd love to have one to wear whenever I want... but once you wear these they are not the same.

Originally Posted by rauls054

Here's my small contribution.  Initially, the blue was a little too dark so I had to Seaglow the hell out of them a couple times to get the right shade of blue.  Sure beats piss yellow!

peace

388208571.jpg
388208570.jpg

388208568.jpg
388208569.jpg
those are
pimp.gif
 but you over did it with the blue looks 2 dark a little lighter would have looked better but none the less the look good

those look like some brand new OG's

^^^
Thanks bro.  Yeah, at certain angles/lighting, they look awfully close to a crispy pair of OG's.  I was comparing the tint of blue to pics of Father rockin' them and they're darn close.  People can split hairs all they want but, at the end of the day, this process has helped to reduce the yellowing affects of oxidation/general wear so I couldn't be happier!  Now, the next trial will be on a pair of SJ's...to be continued...

peace
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BigEli500

I'm honestly convinced to never wear the XI's. They are my favorite, and I own all the one's I like the most... but they are just soooooo damn delicate? When the Cool Grey come out, I might just buy 2 of them to wear one and collect one... I dunno? What do you guys think? I'd love to have one to wear whenever I want... but once you wear these they are not the same.
WEAR THEM....They are SHOES...They are meant to be WORN!!!!!!

Originally Posted by joejoebob2099

QUESTIONS! 

1 - Has anyone tried this with just Rit + Water (i.e. no Sea Glow)? Results?

2 - I doubt anyone has done this for ball shoes but - Does dying the soles affect traction on hardwood?

3 - Does Rit Color Remover work for getting rid of yellowing (i.e. an alternative to Sea Glow)?

Answer to question number 1.

Yeah it works the same. 

Just be extremely careful with the midsole, cause the dye doesn't like to come off of the midsole easily.

Perry .... homie. THEM JOINTS LOOK FIRE.

Might need you to hit up my DS CONCORDS too.
grin.gif

Did yall catch this ???

Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out but would have loved for them to be a shade lighter.  Great for beating around town!

Good stuff everyone.

P

Ill tell you what he means by that since most have no clue why he did that to some CONCORDS.

Im pretty sure he has around 7 pairs of CONCORDS to go thru
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I've just done this to my 09 eggs that was starting to yellow.
smile.gif
LOOKS AMAZING! I'll have to show you guys pics later.

smokin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
RICO7JT wrote:

Perry .... homie. THEM JOINTS LOOK FIRE.

Might need you to hit up my DS CONCORDS too.
grin.gif

Did yall catch this ???

Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out but would have loved for them to be a shade lighter.  Great for beating around town!

Good stuff everyone.

P

Ill tell you what he means by that since most have no clue why he did that to some CONCORDS.

Im pretty sure he has around 7 pairs of CONCORDS to go thru
grin.gif

laugh.gif

^^^
I don't know about 7 pairs but...Thanks for the props J!  Always good hearing from ya bra!

BRING ON SOME COLUMBIAS!!!!

Only issue is I have yet to hear of a method to paint yellowed patent leather.  Until that day comes...

stay tuned..

Originally Posted by j o 19

I GOT RIT DYE ON THE PATENT LEATHER OF MY XI'S..HOW CAN I GET IT OUT..NEED HELP
BLEACH AND A TOOTH BRUSH
joejoebob2099 wrote:
QUESTIONS! 

1 - Has anyone tried this with just Rit + Water (i.e. no Sea Glow)? Results?

2 - I doubt anyone has done this for ball shoes but - Does dying the soles affect traction on hardwood?

3 - Does Rit Color Remover work for getting rid of yellowing (i.e. an alternative to Sea Glow)?

TO NUMBER 1 YEA I HAVE BUT IVE BEEN BANNED 
eyes.gif
 BUT ILL POST PICS PROBABLY FRIDAY

Those dyed soles look great. But if you guys go certain places (cities) people are gonna be calling your kicks fake. Probably not an issue to most of you, but me personally, I wouldn't even want that thought to cross someone's mind about something I'm wearing. These fakes have had blue (colored) tint everything.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Heres the tutorial as promised. Enjoy
wink.gif

Please excuse the attire..I was chillin at home when I made the tutorial.
hey could you post a pic of the af2s after you dyed em? thanks

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

Originally Posted by BigEli500

WEAR THEM....They are SHOES...They are meant to be WORN!!!!!!
co sign.
they're sneakers wear them and enjoy them

can someone please post a pic of the rit blue packaging and color code or name to use to dye the xi soles ! please ! thanks

Nice work on the Eggs Optimus! 

Personally, and this is just my personal preference, I would've just Seaglowed them til they were clear as day.  I think the blue throws off the purp a little. 

Great job nevertheless.

P

Back
Top Bottom