Curious why no love for Nike Air Max 97s or 95s?

I've already said my piece, but it's just that for people from NYC, your experience seems to conflict especially with ours. Maybe were you were from, 95s didn't get rocked with jeans. Okay - I'll take your word for it, I guess. But in NYC, not only did they get rocked with jeans, they were the most popular shoe of the 90sl the were THE SHOE to rock with jeans.

Grey gradient - perfect. I'll take one to match every Steep Tech I own, thank you very much. ...Too bad they never came out with a perfect purple match. I shed a tear when I lost my yellow streaks and crystal blues a few years ago. The '98 Extreme and the '96 Atlantic Mountain Guide gave their eulogies, respectively.

I'm not doubting your reality, it;s just different from ours that people react to it.

I think 95's are pretty broadly appreciated.

Personally, they don't do well with my feet, but I still see a few pairs a week. Of course, so much of this popularity depends on where you are located.

NikeTalk isn't a great place to gauge the general interest of any shoe since it tends to be highly concentrated with those who refer to the process of giving Nike cash as a "game" and those who search for the highest priced shoe.

AF-1s get little mention on here anymore, but I assure you they are far more popular than any LeBron or Kobe or KD.

i remember the terra ketchikan got some love so did the skarns,minots(had a pair of minots myself the only shoe i ever got jumped for)all of which were acgs.nike ACGs were more of a eastcoast thing in general during the late 90s,i dont remember anybody rockin the am97 or am98 AT ALL!

the problem is you nyc cats you think everything you do is law.you guys still take credit for the af1 and probably more people on the westcoast rock foams but you forget they were bmore shoes.just like cortez,converse and vans all westcoast.i understand nyc piggybacks trends so its easy to get lost in it and not have much outside perspective.

i have heard dj clark kent talk many times the the af1 is the result of nycs cats but he fails to mention any dudes from philly or bmore right huh?

its nice to have some perspective and not live in a bubble.most uk collectors live and die by the three stripes and puma.NOT nike.

but at  the end of the day i dont care how many people did or did not rock 95s with jeans in 1995 i have never liked runners with jeans and never will thats what this whole  convo was about over a month ago.

Last edited:
95 is my favorite AM... But truthfully, I like the later c/w's more than the OG c/w's that they always re-release

Back
Top Bottom