Cubs Japanese OF Kosuke Fukudome offended by t-shirt sold outside of Wrigley Field - SMH

very poor taste
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Dumb shirt, but how all Cub fans get lumped in with that nonsense is equally dumb.

I'm starting to get tired of all the "Bad Cubs fans" rants that are popping up. People getting drunk at the stadium and act like a bunch of knuckleheads has nothing to do with me. Hell, I don't even drink.

Cubs fans.
smh.gif

x2

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

laugh.gif
, typical white sox fan who cares more about hating on the cubs than being a white sox fan
What a lame +#! comeback
eyes.gif

What do you expect from those losers from the north side?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, typical white sox fan who cares more about hating on the cubs than being a white sox fan

why would the sox hate on the cubs? have you forgotten WE won our ring in 05'?

stringer was just pointing out a shirt thats obviously racist.....trust son we have no reason to hate on you idiots.

there must not be many Asians in Chicago if only 1 in 10 people think it's offensive
smh.gif
, that's just messed. that shirt is racist on many levels, fromthe slanted closed eyes to the big %%% nerd glasses....just promoting the stereotypes of Asians. some might not think it's a big deal, but it IS a big dealbecause Asians are often perceived in the media as weak and nerdy, and small....confidence and you know what.

His friend responded in a similar offensive accent, ''Oh, you tink dat funny?''

They walked away laughing.

tired.gif
tired.gif
That's EXACTLY where I'm coming from. Not all Asians are immigrantswith these accents, I was born here and I sound like a normal American; hell my pops was an immigrant but even he doesn't have the accent. I want to sayit's not a big deal, but if we keep saying that these stereotypes are only gonna get worse in places where Asians don't really exist

i don't find it funny at all. ingrained stereotypes are damaging to perceptions of people, especially to those whose perceptions are not formedyet(children).

Can I cop this shirt online? Shirt is fire. I want to rock this with by T-19's cus you know, they Japanese too.

I seen/heard worst stuff when Iguchi was playing for the sux.
No matter what all these sux fan say they will always be the second team in Chicago, and thats what irks them.

If anything, the people who designed that shirt were the same people who made:

Sosa Cork Company

Cubs magic number 911

Chokers

Sox shirt with the middle finger sticking it to Cubs fans with their ring on the middle finger...

and so on.

So until you find out the actual manufacturers of the shirt, shut your damn mouth.

As someone both Japanese and a Cubs fan I'm highly offended by that shirt would be made but it's not surprising because there are lots of shirts soldoutside of Wrigley Field that bear commentary thats in poor taste. Not in so racist like this but more just mildly offensive commentary on t-shirts. If theCubs organization themselves made the shirt or licensed this I would have a real problem and be pissed off about this and thats not to say a commentary likethe one this shirt makes doesn't bother me but just from other mildly offensive shirts regarding various other issues etc related to the cubs and theirrivals it doesn't surprise me as to the poor taste of the designers of non-cubs affiliated cubs products is apparent in products well beyond this t-shirt.

But on another note I like the bandanas. The bandana thing is more a apt appropriation of Japanese culture and I like them a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom