Creed (Film Series) | Creed III | 3/3/23

everyone has a different opinion... you have to watch it yourself to know if its good or not

Creed II -- 5 / 8

- The whole movie was dancing around the question of why Creed wants to fight Drago -- they never really answered it
- Tessa is truly a star
- Drago's backstory was much appreciated -- glad they didn't just make him a one-dimensional character -- the actor was a bit shaky during the party scene, but understandable given his background
- Creed is 2 for 2 with championship entrances -- :smokin at Bianca's performance -- must see that again
- Also glad to see Rocky mend things -- the combo of Mary Anne + Bianca was also a great parallel
- They touched all the hallmarks of a boxing movie, but I feel they could've went deeper with Creed
- The first one > this one

It was alright man. More of a basic rocky movie this time around, which was to be expected without Coogler.

They did a good job of making Drago a sympathetic character though. I was cheering for him on the lowest of keys :lol:

5.5/8

It was alright man. More of a basic rocky movie this time around, which was to be expected without Coogler.

They did a good job of making Drago a sympathetic character though. I was cheering for him on the lowest of keys :lol:

5.5/8

What's Drago's character arc after this?
Is the end result his father no longer pressuring him?
We see Ivan running next to him at the end vs. him pressuring Victor throughout the movie.

I honestly felt bad for Victor when he took the L.
But it seems as if he doesn't even want the approval/acceptance of the people who shunned his dad.
Is the lesson that father/son are still together at the end?

Last edited:
Might be better than the first bro. Joint had me in the feels hardbody.

Had me sooooo hype in the theater. Legit like I was watching a fight. Shoulders tensed, heart beating. Definitely taking the gloves to the gym with me tomorrow lol. I'm gonna bust the bag. I have the body, Coogler needs to hit me up to bring back Clubber Lang in Creed 3. We lit.

Viktor Drago was awesome to me. So much power, so much anger, and his 'Why' was very realistic and reasonable.

What's Drago's character arc after this?
Is the end result his father no longer pressuring him?
We see Ivan running next to him at the end vs. him pressuring Victor throughout the movie.

I honestly felt bad for Victor when he took the L.
But it seems as if he doesn't even want the approval/acceptance of the people who shunned his dad.
Is the lesson that father/son are still together at the end?

The end game for Viktor was just having a better relationship with his dad. Like Rocky said in the movie, he was raised in hate, Ivan wanted nothing more than his son to get revenge for him. There are a lot of moments in the film where Viktor has this confused/innocent look on his face like he didn’t even want any of this.

Ivan stepping in to throw the towel to save Viktor from anymore punishment was a big step for the both of them. Then they ended with them running side by side instead of Viktor running alone and Ivan in the car like before.

So Carl Weathers ain’t talking from the grave?

I swear I was expecting to see/hear Carl Weathers voice every time he was in a predicament:lol:

But looking back, there’s enough Apollo Creed sprinkled throughout the movie that you definitely feel his character’s presence.

So after sleeping and thinking about it, I still agree with my previous score from last night.

Pro's;
- Acting from everyone was great. (except Roy Jones,Jr blatant line reading. His part is literally nothing but it was so bad, it stood out to me:lol:)
- Fight scenes were again A+. You really felt the hits. I knew the Dolby Room was the only way to see this and it didn't disappoint.
- Music was on point with every scene :pimp:
- Apollo Creed's presence was done so well in this movie. Like, it literally had you feeling bad that he died until you realize he wasn't real:lol:
- movie being predictable was good. You don't need any "curveballs" or twists in this movie

Con's;
- This definitely could've been stretched easily into two movies. I wouldn't mind another one, but I'd also be fine if this was the last Creed movie.
- Creed does come off as an emotional little ***** at times but at least he acknowledges it in the movie.
- The main training montage was worthy of being in a Rocky movie, but I felt like something was missing. I can't put my finger on it.
- They snuck "jawn" in there:lol:

Back
Top Bottom