Creed (Film Series) | Creed III | 3/3/23

Just caught this tonight. I heard this movie was good but I didn't expect it to be THIS good. Stallone and MBJ put on a show. Sequel is gonna be :pimp:

Don't waste my time is my jam now.
That was perfect song placement, as Conlan was British. Creed coming in to Hail Mary was also a nod to him being from Cali. All around the music was very well done, as was most of the rest of the movie.

Has there been confirmation that there's gonna be a sequel?
Not yet, but Coogler and Michael B. Jordan have both talked about it being a franchise, it was well-received by critics and it's production budget is listed at 35 million, and it's grossed 81 million as of now. Its a very safe bet to assume.

tumblr_nxpnqnmg1y1ulbu5to1_500.gif

I finally saw it last night, and I thought it was a really good movie. Definitely left the door open for MBJ to lead the new Creed/Rocky franchise if they decide to do it.

The only question(s) that I have that I didn't get the answers to are about Creeds other two sons. The character that Wood Harris [Avon Barksdale] played in the movie when Adonis wanted him to train him. Was he one of Creed's sons? I thought they said that, but I wasnt sure. I know he may be some kind of family because Adonis was asking where he was and all that. I guess meaning when he was in foster care and juvie.

If you guys can answer that for me. Also why didn't Adonis' mother tell him who his father was? She named him Adonis, keeping with the tradition of Greek Gods. It just didn't make sense to me that she wouldn't make that known, especially after Apollo died.

Last edited:
Just watched it now. Movie was :smokin

I can see the sequel being Creed vs Wheeler for the belt. Since Conlan locked up and the belt is up for grabs.

Can't wait

I can see the sequel being Creed vs Wheeler for the belt. Since Conlan locked up and the belt is up for grabs.

Can't wait

Wheeler = Andre Ward. A real life olympic gold medalist boxer. He's undefeated and the lineal Super Middleweight Champion.

Dude is currently working his way back from a knee injury but is regarded by myself and many as the best boxer in the world (since Floyd retired).

Once he's back I highly doubt he'll return to Creed for a feature role. It would effectively end his boxing career as he is 31 going on 32. I highly, highly doubt he would make such a commitment to acting.

It was a cameo, nothing more. He's not going to be the main antagonist in future Creed films.

Can't wait

Wheeler = Andre Ward. A real life olympic gold medalist boxer. He's undefeated and the lineal Super Middleweight Champion.

Dude is currently working his way back from a knee injury but is regarded by myself and many as the best boxer in the world (since Floyd retired).

Once he's back I highly doubt he'll return to Creed for a feature role. It would effectively end his boxing career as he is 31 going on 32. I highly, highly doubt he would make such a commitment to acting.

It was a cameo, nothing more. He's not going to be the main antagonist in future Creed films.

We will see what happens but at 32, 33 years old he has to be starting to think about life after boxing

We will see what happens but at 32, 33 years old he has to be starting to think about life after boxing

Ward has only fought 5 times in the past 5 years. He's notoriously inactive and he aspires to move up to LHW to fight Sergey Kovalev, who in his own right is a very, very good (and very dangerous) boxer.

So my thinking is that Ward has no intention of leaving the sport just yet. He hasn't lived up to his massive potential. He has Mayweather level earning potential if he can stay healthy.

While I'm sure Creed would pay well, it would be relative chump change compared to what he'd make fighting GGG down the line.

Last edited:
If the sequel comes out in 3 years then i can see Ward coming back. No way you put his part in the movie & his connection to the main antagonist and NOT have him face Creed in part 2. The story writes itself. Ward knew exactly what he was doing. Dude gon do a tuneup fight then face Kovalev, which should be a great fight btw and he'll go back into his commitment for that role

If the sequel comes out in 3 years then i can see Ward coming back. No way you put his part in the movie & his connection to the main antagonist and NOT have him face Creed in part 2. The story writes itself. Ward knew exactly what he was doing. Dude gon do a tuneup fight then face Kovalev, which should be a great fight btw and he'll go back into his commitment for that role

Ehh, maybe. I see it more as a Plan B for Ward.

If all goes according to plan, he beats Kovalev, moves back down or fights at catchweight and beats GGG. Perhaps a rematch or a trilogy with GGG.

A lot of things can happen to where he'll still be active at 35, 36. I have to believe that Ward wants to be the face of boxing, wants to see some massive PPV numbers, wants to accomplish a lot more.

If in 3 years Creed II is being made and Ward is atop the boxing world, I don't see him giving up the $$$ to go act. It just doesn't make any financial sense.

If he gets hurt or something, then yeah. I could see Creed II being an option.

But it's easy to replace him. He was a minor character in the film. Easy to kill him off or have his character suffer a career ending injury of some sort.

Have him fight Drago Jr :lol:. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Loved it. :pimp:

The movie felt raw and real. Michael B was great. I like that he was more of the focus and not Rocky. Those fight scenes were done real good.

Saw this last week. Pretty awesome. Great amount of drama with just enough humor injected into it. Also liked that it wasn't a forgone conclusion ending.

Last edited:
Andre Ward would stand to make more money in residuals for reprising his role in the Creed franchise than he would in any singular fight or string of fights for the rest of his career. His Plan B is more lucrative than Plan A. But money isn't always the end game with a lot of fighters. That has to be true with Ward because this fool hardly ever fights :lol:

Back
Top Bottom