Craig David - "One More Lie" 1st Single from his 5th Album OFFICIAL VIDEO UP

I'm feeling this one, I can see this being big, he now lives in Miami and is on Universal so I'm crossing myfingers but this will be all over the clubs...this has "Born to Do It" written all over it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

" href="http://">

Dope song, I'm glad Craig is back with some fire. Hopefully he gets a real release in the US this time with some backing from Universal.

Song is good. I say this in every Craig David post and i'm gonna say it again. I haven't liked a album by him since Born To Do It. That's the onlysong in his catalog that is playable all the way through. Its not really fair to judge dude based on that album but something about his albums I just can'tget with anymore.

^Trust Me was pretty good.
This doesnt sound like a Craig David track to me, and im a huge fan.
I hoping this is just a single, and there is more to hear on the album

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

I don't consider his albums bad its just that when I listen to them I find myself skipping a lot of songs. Not bad songs but I find myselfskipping too much. Especially compared to Born To Do It. Only reason I ever heard that album because they had it on '12 inch vinyl for 99 cents lol. Albumwas heat though.

Craig seems desperate to get another hit song (understandable) and has changed his music to do so. Rather disappointing as a fan. Trust Me was his worst albumby far. Born To Do It>The Story Goes>Slicker Than Your Average>>>>>Trust Me

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I don't consider his albums bad its just that when I listen to them I find myself skipping a lot of songs. Not bad songs but I find myself skipping too much. Especially compared to Born To Do It. Only reason I ever heard that album because they had it on '12 inch vinyl for 99 cents lol. Album was heat though.

eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I don't consider his albums bad its just that when I listen to them I find myself skipping a lot of songs. Not bad songs but I find myself skipping too much. Especially compared to Born To Do It. Only reason I ever heard that album because they had it on '12 inch vinyl for 99 cents lol. Album was heat though.

eek.gif
eek.gif
Hell yeah. I bought some albums that weekend I would've never bought just because they were 99 cents all on vinyl. It was that Ray J albumthat had Wait a Minute on it, that Philly's Most Wanted album and that Craig David. Now that I think about it, it was all Atlantic Records albums lol. Got2 out of 3 solid albums that weekend. That Ray J actually wasn't that bad. Neptunes and Dark child laced him up.

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

Craig seems desperate to get another hit song (understandable) and has changed his music to do so.
How is he desperate? Has his music changed? Possibly. But every artist grows and evolves. No one sticks to 'one' style of music forever.Madonna had an album produced by Timbaland and Pharell a year or two ago...did anyone anticipate that kind of collab? No, and it might have been mad akward butshe wanted to do something different because she has obviously done the same thing for decades. Usher is evolving, and his albums will most likely never be asgood as they used to...but that doesnt mean they will suck either. Its all about keeping up with modern times and adjusting your style to fit what people wantto hear...is it unfortunate? yes, even sad... its not necessarily what some people want but its unfortunetly the truth and the only way to sell records or gainmore fans is to continue to adjust and try new things. I dont think Craigs desperate, thats not the right word...he might not be sticking to his roots but idoubt he is necessarily dependent for any new found fame...dude just loves music and making money.

I don't understand why folks are saying he's changing his style to make some cash. Craig started in the club scene, so this is nothing new to him.

I like the track and will buy the album (maybe import like I did for Trust Me).

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Craig seems desperate to get another hit song (understandable) and has changed his music to do so.
I don't think he's desperate, he's just keeping up with the times, he is a UK based artist first and foremost, and the sound of thisnew single isn't new to him or overseas radio.

I like the single, nothing really new stylewise, just a tiny bit more uptempo. He's had a few new songs out the past couple years from soundtracks, hisgreatest hits, etc. that sound just like this

He'll definitely do numbers in the UK, all of his albums have. Here in the states though? I got my fingers crossed for him.

I don't get people that say changed their style, it's the same people I see complain about Usher not making Confessions #2 or complaining that"Little Freak" isn't a sell out song like "Yeah" wasn't the same track, it was made for the times.

This track is pretty fresh to me and what Craig is doing is also different, his album will be a mix of new songs with songs using Motown classics, at first Iwas like ahhhhh but then I heard this track.

I think he is actually going to go for the USA again too, if Jay Sean can break America, Craig should be able to kill it

Originally Posted by StillIn729

If Jay Sean can break America, Craig should be able to kill it

Seriously though, "stuck in the middle" was pretty legit. I'm thinking Craig should look into doing more features because I also remember thetrack he had with Kano was nice too.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

How is he desperate? Has his music changed? Possibly. But every artist grows and evolves. No one sticks to 'one' style of music forever. Madonna had an album produced by Timbaland and Pharell a year or two ago...did anyone anticipate that kind of collab? No, and it might have been mad akward but she wanted to do something different because she has obviously done the same thing for decades. Usher is evolving, and his albums will most likely never be as good as they used to...but that doesnt mean they will suck either. Its all about keeping up with modern times and adjusting your style to fit what people want to hear...is it unfortunate? yes, even sad... its not necessarily what some people want but its unfortunetly the truth and the only way to sell records or gain more fans is to continue to adjust and try new things. I dont think Craigs desperate, thats not the right word...he might not be sticking to his roots but i doubt he is necessarily dependent for any new found fame...dude just loves music and making money.
Good point. I guess it's more disappointment that Craig is following the trend of fellow R&B artists (and I know Craig isn't exactlyR&B) in moving to this uptempo/dance sound. I can't call it "evolving" when seemingly the whole genre is aiming for that sound. It gives methat much more respect for artists who don't change their style/music because of the latest trend (John Legend, Anthony Hamilton, Musiq...etc.)

This song is alright. Either way I'll buy his album or get it off itunes to support.

Back
Top Bottom