Cory Gunz Arrested In Bronx N.Y. on Gun Charge

This guy sillyputty with his unnecessarily long posts.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Plax couldn't beat it, wayne couldn't beat it.....and corey won't beat it.

Probably do a year like wayne.

add prodigy, and Ja rule

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Might not end up too bad for the kid...

...and why are some of you scoffin' at him and quick to laugh at his current situation as if he's just some lame like you?

Spoiler [+]
equxbl.jpg

The guy who arrested him still had to do his job...he only felt bad cause the guy was famous. It doesn't remove the legality of the situation. 
The cop is not a street-judge. 
eyes.gif

Cops feel bad about arresting dudes who have tiny blunts on them and constant drug addicts. They're still humans with emotions. 

Its still illegal and dude is still not out of hot water yet. 

Originally Posted by illphillip

You try SO hard......

Peter Gunz wasn't a "rap star". He had ONE hot record. And did some writing for Shaq. 

I used the term "star" a little too liberally I guess. Fact is, dude is no amateur to this celebrity lifestyle. Thats undeniable.

You seem to have this illusion that anyone who's ever had a song on the radio done moved out the hood and live in a hi rise. O

I ain't say he was Lebron ballin' or anything. I AM saying however that Corey Gunz KNOWS BETTER. He is in way better circumstances than his father ever was. 

I'm not even trying to count his paper. I'm saying that he should KNOW BETTER. You would have thought Wayne would hold a team meeting or send out a BBM about team protocol...email...something
laugh.gif

This is a reality you seem to not understand. You have rappers with just a slice of celebrity because of one song or one album who are still living on their block, surrounded by wolves. Not an easy situation.
This can only be answered by a:
Which lends even MORE credence to my stance that I don't feel sorry for this guy if he acted on his own stupidity. 

I see the talking like you know a lot with no real intimate knowledge on the matter at hand has not changed at all. 
Because breaking established and well known law is subjective now? 

One thing I will agree with you on is that he shouldn't have had it on his person. And that he should have learned when Wayne went through the exact same thing.
 How was this not my point?
You want to bring in all this other stuff just to be a contrarian when this was my central point all along. 

If he's in an environment where he feels he needs protection, and he's with a crew, there should be a shooter in that crew.

I said this too.
laugh.gif

Kid made a stupid mistake. Hope he gets past it. He don't belong in Rikers. But NY is no joke.
Well...duh?
laugh.gif

You act like if it doesn't come out of YOUR mouth then its not valid. 

You stay taking whatever I say, resaying it, and then putting your little herbs and spices on it to make it sound different...when its not. I said everything you already tried to make it seem like I didn't.

I know as much as the situation as you do, but it doesn't change how little remorse I have for this guy...because if he wasn't famous, none of you would care.  

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I don't feel bad for him.

This is why you need a shooter. Your label head did some time for a burner...you're native to NYC and a rapper and you don't think the cops got their eyes on you? 

Bloomberg and Kelly ain't playingl.he better set aside some money for his twins,,,it sucks that a black entertainer had to face this, but let's be real, everyone knows you don't carry in NYC.
Exactly. Dude knew the consequences and still wanted to be the blockstar with his heater.

Dudes don't learn. 

The brevity of an "illegal search" is clearly above your comprehension.

silly putty u need to slow down and re-read this SLOWLY...if da courts find that da search was a illegal one ALL DA EVIDENCE GETS THROWN OUT....word to money that got caught with a flock of birds and got convicted for life in prison but because

da FBI stuck a GPS device on his car illegally da WHOLE CASE was thrown out.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Dummy

word he should of learn wayne mistake 
and why sillyputty or whatever that dweeb name is always peaching in every thread somethin wrong with dude no lie

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ImStillMike

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Dummy

word he should of learn wayne mistake 
and why sillyputty or whatever that dweeb name is always peaching in every thread somethin wrong with dude no lie

laugh.gif

Illphillip made a reply and I replied to him. The length of the response doesnt have anything to do with the validity of it.
Originally Posted by ninjahood

silly putty u need to slow down and re-read this SLOWLY...if da courts find that da search was a illegal one ALL DA EVIDENCE GETS THROWN OUT....word to money that got caught with a flock of birds and got convicted for life in prison but because

I heard about the FBI case, but Cory Gunz wasn't being followed by the feds. 
He got stopped at a traffic stop most likely and had the piece on him.

They're just throwing words out there to try and convince the public it MIGHT BE CONSIDERED an illegal stop. An official word hasn't been made. If any one in law enforcement SAID it was illegal, we wouldn't have anything to discuss as Gunz would be freed immediately. If you look at who said it, it was a blog writer on a hip-hop blog, not a legal professional. Just some music head with posting access. 

If Wayne can't get out of a gun violation, I don't see how Gunz is getting out of this UNLESS its a technicality. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I heard about the FBI case, but Cory Gunz wasn't being followed by the feds. 

He got stopped at a traffic stop most likely and had the piece on him.

They're just throwing words out there to try and convince the public it MIGHT BE CONSIDERED an illegal stop. An official word hasn't been made. If any one in law enforcement SAID it was illegal, we wouldn't have anything to discuss as Gunz would be freed immediately. If you look at who said it, it was a blog writer on a hip-hop blog, not a legal professional. Just some music head with posting access. 

If Wayne can't get out of a gun violation, I don't see how Gunz is getting out of this UNLESS its a technicality. 
from what i read it's his father saying it was an illegal search based on what the officers told him...whether or not that defense will hold up is another story-

i think everyone agrees that's its dumb for these dudes to be in public in NY dirty like that when they have the resources to do otherwise -

please don't break my reply down into 300 pieces and respond to each one individually...thanks in advance

Man sillyputty u gotta stop this *$$@ my guy, you cool and Im sure we all respect your opinion but you doing too much

Does the Smoking Gun or TMZ have the paperwork or anything yet so we can look at it?
grin.gif

Too much speculation in here
laugh.gif

BTW, whats up with Joe Budden? Is he just going to have to await his court date like Weezy and go down whenever they pull his file up?

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/young-money-rapper-cory-gunz-released-from-jail-after-posting

Cory Gunz is a free man this morning after his father, Peter Gunz, posted his $30,000 bail. The 24-year old posted several messages on Twitter once he was home and expressed remorse for his arrest on a gun charge.

"Lock My Body, Kan't Trap My Mind," he wrote on the social networking site. "I apologize to all of my Supporters, Friends and Family. Things Happen, No excuses. My only regret is letting ya'll down... Peace."

Corey, born Peter Cory Pankey Jr., was arrested in the Bronx, New York Saturday when plainclothes cops responding to a fight in the area apprehended him when he exited a cab and found a loaded, unregistered Taurus .9mm handgun in his backpack as well as a face mask reports XXL.

"This was a big mistake on my part," Gunz told the New York Daily News after his release. "I didn't have any intentions of harming anyone or committing a criminal activity. So many young people look up to me and I need to fight though this."

New York has notoriously strict gun laws. Lil Wayne, who signed Cory to his Young Money label last year spent 10 months locked up in Rikers Island in 2010 on a gun charge. Prodigy of Mobb Deep was released from prison in March 2011 after serving 3 years on similar charges.

One of the rapper's biggest supporters is Nick Cannon, who executive produced Cory's MTV show "Son of a Gun." Cannon tweeted that he would be there for Cory if needed.

"Great dude, just a little bad luck. @CoryGunz is holding strong and will be out shortly. Family is here if and when anything is needed," Cannon wrote.

Peter Gunz said he believes his son was searched illegally.

"It was definitely an illegal search," Peter said. "He just got out of a cab and police ran up on him and they were in plainclothes. He didn't know they were cops - he thought he was getting robbed."

If convicted, Cory faces a mandatory minimum sentence of three and 1/2 years.

laugh.gif
at the ski mask

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
at the ski mask

30t6p3b.gif

Damn...
Dis dude screwed up big time...
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
...Ski-mask though? ...These dudes and their gangster tales. Just itching for street cred 
laugh.gif
...on the way to and from the studio...
grin.gif

His DAD thinks it was an illegal search...Well of course...what dad wouldn't? 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Dude even knows hes in the crapper. Oh well, hold your head young Gunz.

Hope this is a lesson to all the young rap stars out there...wait nevermind... of course its not. 
tired.gif

dude silly putty KILLS threads
good luck to Corey tho NYC dont play wit them burners
plain clothes cops runnin down on you as you hop out a cab for no reason is a lil fishy tho

I was on the Subway, my little cousin asked me a question
But I was looking a different direction
So she asked again, tried to grab my chin
I said wait, wait....Gimme a second
Cause it's this poster above the window, and I vividly read it
And it said that: "Anyone caught with a loaded weapon will be sentenced to 3 1/2 years"
In bold letters "No exceptions!"
The first thing I thought of was, Suge, Free my brother Gunz on that strap charge!

Que?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Que?
google Antoine Jones
or read this

Back
Top Bottom