Copping perscription glasses online?

I've been wearing my coastal frames for about two years now. what I really need is a place that will let me order contacts online without having a recent prescription. I know for a fact that my vision hasn't changed since the last time I wore contacts, buy you're required to get an eye exam yearly. just their way to milk money out of you. I've been wearing these glasses daily for over a year and I will be copping some contacts tomorrow.

Yeah, because there's no reason to be e the health of your eyes checked or make sure that those lenses aren't causing harm that you can't see/feel yet.

I treat a lot of corneal ulcers nowadays (excruciating, complicated to treat, not always good outcomes...) and they're almost exclusively in people who just buy lenses online. Never had one in a patient I've fitted and look after. But hey, I'd you want to save $100 a year go ahead and take the chance.

It seems to me you're mad because of the conflict of interest. You're losing business to online retailers
Yeah, because there's no reason to be e the health of your eyes checked or make sure that those lenses aren't causing harm that you can't see/feel yet.

I treat a lot of corneal ulcers nowadays (excruciating, complicated to treat, not always good outcomes...) and they're almost exclusively in people who just buy lenses online. Never had one in a patient I've fitted and look after. But hey, I'd you want to save $100 a year go ahead and take the chance.

i should write them for real...I am a pretty good supporter if I do say so myself.

order the free kit and tell me i'm wrong. Ultimately,I have no problem supporting something I am fully confident will have someone thank me for.

Last edited:

i should write them for real...I am a pretty good supporter if I do say so myself.

order the free kit and tell me i'm wrong. Ultimately,I have no problem supporting something I am fully confident will have someone thank me for.
How does their try on system work, do they like take the money out of your acct. temporarily then refund you back? And how long is shipping to the US? Might have to give these folks a try.

How does their try on system work, do they like take the money out of your acct. temporarily then refund you back? And how long is shipping to the US? Might have to give these folks a try.

It's on the site:

The Home Try-On scheme is designed to be free to use.

However as a means of insuring ourselves from theft and the chance customers damage the Home Try-On Stock, we are required to take a preauthorization on your card for $225.00. This is just a temporary hold on the funds by your bank for the period you have the kit. Pre-authorizations sometimes show up as a $1.00 line item which eventually disappear on your statement.

We will not take any funds and will cancel the pre-authorization as soon as the kit is returned in acceptable condition.

We do not wish to get into the situation where charges for this scheme have to be made so thus ask you to please respect our position and property.

It's on the site:
The Home Try-On scheme is designed to be free to use.

However as a means of insuring ourselves from theft and the chance customers damage the Home Try-On Stock, we are required to take a preauthorization on your card for $225.00. This is just a temporary hold on the funds by your bank for the period you have the kit. Pre-authorizations sometimes show up as a $1.00 line item which eventually disappear on your statement.

We will not take any funds and will cancel the pre-authorization as soon as the kit is returned in acceptable condition.

We do not wish to get into the situation where charges for this scheme have to be made so thus ask you to please respect our position and property.
yeah its exactly like they say...

Went for an eye exam yesterday and was told that I have an astigmatism and will need glasses..I thought about warby parker, but really liked the salt optics site that was posted in here..Has anyone ever bought any glasses from them? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

I got myself this pair from Archibald Optics. These guys are new and I was done with glasses online after I saw the cheap **** from Warby Parker. But I read about these guys and got their home try on service....it's like a high end warby with a Japanese handmade frame and Japanese lenses....got my pair now and these blow it all out of the water. Got my boys to get one as well. It's not cheap at $225 with Rx .. but the quality is ridiculous (much better than my oliver peoples) and they offer Japanese thinner lenses standard (which is great for me). For 75 more than Warby Parker I think these guys are onto something (I have to pay WP $40 extra for the thinner lenses). Definitely recommend giving them a try. 

Re-upping this thread. Just ordered from Archibald. Will report back when they get here.

Another is https://www.eyebuydirect.com/

Cheapest place I found for contacts is majorlens.com. For example the acuvue oaysys or a box of six lenses is now anywhere from $36 to $40+ a box. At Majorlens it goes for $23 a box. Only drawback is they ship from Singapore, so once it ships it can take anywhere from 2-3 weeks. If you can wait it's a great deal, plus if you spend $48 you get free shipping. That's basically two or three boxes depending on brand.

I got myself this pair from Archibald Optics. These guys are new and I was done with glasses online after I saw the cheap **** from Warby Parker. But I read about these guys and got their home try on service....it's like a high end warby with a Japanese handmade frame and Japanese lenses....got my pair now and these blow it all out of the water. Got my boys to get one as well. It's not cheap at $225 with Rx .. but the quality is ridiculous (much better than my oliver peoples) and they offer Japanese thinner lenses standard (which is great for me). For 75 more than Warby Parker I think these guys are onto something (I have to pay WP $40 extra for the thinner lenses). Definitely recommend giving them a try. 

Re-upping this thread. Just ordered from Archibald. Will report back when they get here.

Forgot to report back :lol:

But Archibald is definitely legit. I'll be ordering my glasses from them for now on :smokin

Whats everyones going rate for lenses? Having some done at my local optometry spot and it was $200 for single vision 1.74 hi index with anti reflection. Prescription is -2.75.

Imo

With all these new discount sites you should never have to pay more than 120....150 for new frames and lenses.

I have an extremely high prescription and ive never paid more than 100

Imo

With all these new discount sites you should never have to pay more than 120....150 for new frames and lenses.

I have an extremely high prescription and ive never paid more than 100
Im not running the risk of shipping out my frames and having them get destroyed in the process by any chance. Plus if the lens dont come out right its easier to adjust at your drs office. Youre eyes arent anything to mess with

Just bought a pair off Coastal, my 3rd pair from them, haven't had any complaints. They have some great discount codes, just got a pair of Perry Ellis frames w/ a UV, anti-scratch, and protection from the blue light in screens to prevent eye fatigue. Got em for $65

Im not running the risk of shipping out my frames and having them get destroyed in the process by any chance. Plus if the lens dont come out right its easier to adjust at your drs office. Youre eyes arent anything to mess with

Oh if your replacing the lenses on your current frames then yea in house.

But ive bought maybe 5 complete pairs online never had problems.

They eem gave me a brand new pair once over a minor break.

Back
Top Bottom