<< Considering trasnferring to a CSU or UC from CCC. Help? >>

What's up NT?

A question for those who were, or are, currently enrolled in a CSU.

Especially from those who transferred from a CC. I have a general idea of which CSU's I would like to attend.

I'm currently in my last semester at my local CC with a 3.1 GPA. However, I didn't take any SAT or ACT.
eyes.gif

Would I be able to transfer without taking these tests? I know each college may vary, but for the most part CSU requirements remainthe same.

By the time I graduate with my AA (May 09), I will have met all requirements to be able to transfer as far as classes are concerned.

Yes my best bet would be to talk to a counselor, but the counselors at my college are horrible. Trust when I say this. I'd like to hear from those who havebeen through it.

Also, if you could say which college you attend/ed and if you like it or not would be great.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you are transferring from a cc to a csu, you do not need to have any sat or act scores.
I don't go to a csu, I go to a uc, but it's pretty much the same. PM me with your questions.

With a 3.1 at a CC, you should be able to get into most CSU's (depending on your major/ AA). I go to Cal Poly Pomona fyi.

You should be fine without the test scores cause those scores are used for getting into a four year university. What you can do is call the admissions officeof the CSU you want to apply to and ask them just to double check.

Yea that makes sense... my current major is Social Sciences, but i will narrow it down once accepted into a CSU.
Im thinking of either: sacramento, fresno, fullerton, san marcos, san diego.

You will definitely be ok....no need 4 test scores..Cal state san bernardino an dee 51o when the next time we play you guys in hoops?

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

You will definitely be ok....no need 4 test scores..Cal state san bernardino an dee 51o when the next time we play you guys in hoops?
I don't even know. Our team is pitiful, so I don't go out to games. I probably should though, because one of my homies is on the team.
laugh.gif

First thing's first, find out the mandatory GPA you need to get into what CSU you're trying to get into.
Then check out the IGETC, the list of classes you will have needed to complete when transferring. It's also the same list that tells you which classes youneed out of the way in order to graduate with your bachelor's.

Yea I checked the classes I need to take as a general requirement
to a csu. I will qualify for that but I was mainly worried about those tests,
and my gpa. Any info on how you like your college and the life around it etc. ??

you should be good. unless you're going for an impacted major at whatever CSU. gonna have to look more into requirements.

www.assist.org should help you

you only need test scores if you are transferring as a freshmen or sophmore. If you are junior standing no need for test scores.

They ask for test scores if you are below the required credits needed in order to transfer. Assuming you have 50+ credits I think they will solely admit youbased on your current GPA and the classes you have taken. Might be a little harder if you are coming out of state since the in state students got the upperhand as far as admission is concerned. Good Luck though!!

PS: I would have helped you out more if I knew which college you mean by CSU, It is too vague.

I'm in state. I live in Cali. In between csufresno and csubakersfield. Edit: I'm thinking Sacramento, Long Beach, Fullerton, San Marcos.

oh here you go..

CSU FRESNO

Admission requirements for transfers:

Required of All: College Transcript(s)
Not Required: Essay or Personal Statement, Interview

Minimum college GPA required (4.0 scale): 2.0
Lowest grade earned for any course that may be transferred for credit (on a 4.0 scale): 1.0

Maximum credits/courses from 2-year institution: 70 -- College GPA only
Minimum credits transfers must complete to earn bachelor's degree: 30 + HS transcript + SAT/ACT scores

Additional requirements for transfer admission: Applicants must have 60 transferable units completed. Must have completed 30 units of general education courseswith a 2.0 GPA or better in each course. Courses completed must include: written communications, oral communications, critical thinking, and mathematics(quantative reasoning). If less than 56 transferable units, admissions requirements for first-time freshmen apply.

Haha yea tell me about it. I live near obie. I moved from Monterey here about 4 years ago.

What about UC???? Is this a whole different story?
Such as ucsd or ucla ucberkley? Edit: major would be criminal justice or criminology.

^
yo if I were you I would try UCLA.... I don't know but I think berkley might be a reach.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

I don't even know. Our team is pitiful, so I don't go out to games. I probably should though, because one of my homies is on the team.
laugh.gif
yeah we suck too...we already 4-2..

I'm also about transfer from a CC back to a csu because i went to SDSU my first year. If I finish all the required classes by the end of this summer andhave the qualified gpa, is Fall 2010 the earliest i could transfer back or can i go for spring 2010? I'm thinking about a CSU in LA county.

If I was to transfer, I'm thinking spring of 2010 because less competition and applicants.
No high school kids to compete with.

If you're transferring to a college who's major is impacted, you need to take required lower-division classes on top of those required in plan A, B orC. As for the SAT/ACT, if you have a certain amount of units completed, you will not need to submit scores.

A UC is only different slightly in its prereqs, also you should apply whenever, since you won't be competing with High Schooler's anyways since you area transfer student. With your GPA I would consider a UC as well as a CSU.

by district do you mean county?
Tulare county.

Yea. I want to go on campus tours, but not everywhere.

Anyone that goes to a UC can you say how hard it is classes wise?

Back
Top Bottom