Congrats to LBJ for his 3rd MVP

Originally Posted by Jay Gutta

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

One day, we'll look back at Derrick Rose's MVP last year with the same type of confusion that we currently look at Nash's 2 MVPs.

How MVP voters can completely ignore the defensive side of the ball just baffles me.

What do you mean one day? Already happened. 

Please, if D.Rose didn't struggle with injuries all year he would have won MVP again. He could have won for many years to come if hadn't had that terrible injury. Now the door is open James and Durant to gobble them up. No salt, I love Lebron. Jus saiyan....
What? 
roll.gif

lol@ nyc buck

dude was ghost after his man was ghost in the finals

I expect more of his irrational postings this year

top 2-3 all time
roll.gif
for a dude that had to team up with 2 other  franchise players to have a chance at a ring

Originally Posted by durantula

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

One of the most underrated players in the NBA. WELL deserved award.

I think a lot of yall are letting your personal feelings of the man (as far as how he carries himself off the court) cloud any objectivity towards how he actually plays ON the court. At some point you have to separate the two. %+@*, you don't have to like the man as a person, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit here and discredit how dominant he was on both ends of the floor this season because of some %*%+@%%* bias.

I've come to realize that no matter what he does, he can't win in the eyes of certain fans. If they get the 'chip this year, folks are gonna throw up *'s because of the shortened season. If he wins another down the road, folks will point to his defection from Cleveland to play with Bosh/Wade (even tho we know he's the best player on that team by FAR) as the only reason why he won. Like I said...he won't be able to win in the eyes of certain fans.

He's the most polarizing athlete in the NBA due to the fact there is little to no objectivity involved in many discussions concerning him.

Did you just call LeBron one of the most underrated players in the NBA? LOL I'm done. Whether they like him or not, most still agree he's the best in the NBA. They just make fun of him because of his multiple choke performances.
Absolutely.

Underrated because you got folks discrediting his actual talent because of some ridiculous personal bias. 

LMAO

ironic post content to avy ratio.

Dr. Shaq

Tissue soft Pau.

Hmmmmm

Me thinks there is a slurper ITT

Big ups to Lebron, Nice speech. Lets see if he can do it tho.

MVP is his award to win basically every year but he has to seal the deal.

knightngale wrote:
top 2-3 all time  for a dude that had to team up with 2 other  franchise players to have a chance at a ring 

It kind of surprises me people still cling to this..
Answer this seriously.. why is Lebron punished for choosing to play with top players? The other all-time greats played alongside other great players.. but their teams were able build through the draft or free agency/trades. You can say it was the "cheap" way to do it or he was "scared", but that's an unfair judgment. I get that people aren't happy that players have free will and can decide to play with better players (which I'm sure never happened before Lebron)... but it's ridiculous that some people will forever give him an asterisk because he simply did what Cleveland couldn't and he got better teammates. I'll repeat it again.. OTHER GREAT PLAYERS HAD GREAT TEAMMATES. Lebron wasn't lucky enough for his team to draft a great 2nd or 3rd option and their transactions were laughable in comparison to the teammates of other all-time great players.
I won't argue if you dislike his attitude, what he's said, his reactions to foul calls, his flopping, hell you can even mock his hairline and I do not care... but I can't agree with the absurd dismissal of Lebron's current or future legacy because he chose to play with Wade and Bosh. 

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

One day, we'll look back at Derrick Rose's MVP last year with the same type of confusion that we currently look at Nash's 2 MVPs.

How MVP voters can completely ignore the defensive side of the ball just baffles me.

Rose was the mvp. His season was amazing and if u got a chance to watch his games his scoring and ability to singlehandedly keep the bulls in many tight games against top tier opponents was stifling. wasnt even a contest in my opinion. Swept the heat in the regular season if im not mistaken and won the east best record. the fact that the bulls couldnt advance past round 1 without him only emphasizes his importance..hence mvp

good for him that he won.. still think the whole MVP choice doesnt make a whole lot of sense.. best player from a winning team? or is it based on statistics? 

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

good for him that he won.. still think the whole MVP choice doesnt make a whole lot of sense.. best player from a winning team? or is it based on statistics? 

ive always understood the mvp to be the player that makes the biggest impact on their team. the selection reasons are always subjective. its not necessarily the stats but the player that most enhances the teams chances to win.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

knightngale wrote:
top 2-3 all time  for a dude that had to team up with 2 other  franchise players to have a chance at a ring 

Answer this seriously.. why is Lebron punished for choosing to play with top players? The other all-time greats played alongside other great players.. but their teams were able build through the draft or free agency/trades. You can say it was the "cheap" way to do it or he was "scared", but that's an unfair judgment. I get that people aren't happy that players have free will and can decide to play with better players (which I'm sure never happened before Lebron)... but it's ridiculous that some people will forever give him an asterisk because he simply did what Cleveland couldn't and he got better teammates. I'll repeat it again.. OTHER GREAT PLAYERS HAD GREAT TEAMMATES. Lebron wasn't lucky enough for his team to draft a great 2nd or 3rd option and their transactions were laughable in comparison to the teammates of other all-time great players.
I won't argue if you dislike his attitude, what he's said, his reactions to foul calls, his flopping, hell you can even mock his hairline and I do not care... but I can't agree with the absurd dismissal of Lebron's current or future legacy because he chose to play with Wade and Bosh. 

forget the intent behind it. People are saying that he's handsdown the best player in the League 
so best player + top 5 player + all star caliber player = Championships every year for several years

Excuse time for this %!*+* Lebron is done, at this point he's EXPECTED to have atleast 3 rings with this squad as constructed. When your the best player in the L your expected to win every year.

I'm going to put it like this if you are in a championship series and you need One current player to lead your team to victory........ Your not taking Lebron, he's the best player in the league but you wouldnt take him over other players if you have an important game to win 
laugh.gif

My friend was calling me crazy when I said Lebron was as talented as Jordan if not more. It just that Jordan is miles ahead of him mentally. The only thing holding Lebron back from getting a ring. I dont care if he has 2 superstars on his team now. They wouldn't have made it to 66 wins even if it was a full season this year. They would have had to win 16 straight to get to 62 games if this were a full season. How the hell did this dude have a 66 win season with that Cavs team. Let alone back to back 60 win seasons. It doesnt matter which team he's on. He's doing the same damn thing with 2 all-stars than he did with Mo Williams and Anderson friggin Varaejao. If he eventually gets a ring with the Heat he would have eventually gotten one with the Cavs if he stayed. This guys game NEEDS to be appreciated. I feel bad for all the people too worried about the who's better battle between Player A,B, and C. One day your going to look back when it doesnt matter and be like wow I really should have been just watching him instead of disecting Kobe's game to find another reason to make a better argument against Lebron. Thats like me refusing to watch, or give any credit to Manning or Brady simply because we have Rodgers. Hell naw, I love watching those QB's play. Just like you should love watching Lebron play regardless if there's a superstar on your team. 

LeBron kinda irritates me with the way he acts on the court. Also stuff like that gif of him flopping. But idk how anyone can not be in love with the way he plays the game. 

Something that also needs to stop being over looked is who he is as a person. I'm confused as to how people will do anything and just throw their money at a guy like Michael Jordan. The dude is a complete !%+ hole. Stopped buying his product a long time ago for that reason. I get that its just basketball we're talking about, maybe it just me, but i'll never root for guys like Kobe Wade or Jordan that do their family dirty and let the celebrity life turn them into a terrible person. You look at Lebron and this guy has never messed up once in his whole career. I know you can never be too sure with athletes but if there's any superstar/icon that i'd bet on that would stay loyal to his wife/kids its Lebron. My favorite part about that video was that "I Promise" part. Its actually believable that he promises he will always be a professional on/off the court. Because he always has been. To all of the guys who live to hate on Lebron, I guarantee you if you knew Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Jordan personally, and they all had the same personalities as they do now but werent celebrities. You would hate everybody but LeBron. Which makes me wonder why you're hating him to begin with. Because there's definitely nothing to hate about his game. 

Quick personal story about Lebron.

Spoiler [+]
My dads buddy is a photographer and camera guy down in Orlando. He's always on the sidelines of college football games and on the baseline for Magic games. He's seen and been around pretty much everybody in the NBA. Those guys are always getting drilled by these athletes when doing camera work as well so he has a good sense on how these guys are. And wouldn't you know out of everybody he said Lebron was the coolest and nicest guy he's interacted with. Out of all the times he's been hit, Lebron is one of the few to make sure theyre ok. For the record Magic fans, if you ever see a finger quickly touch the screen during a Bucks game thats him per my dads request 
laugh.gif

Long story short, Lebron 
pimp.gif
 Happy that I am living in a time where I have gotten to see his whole career. 

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

James will become the eighth player to win the award at least three times, joining Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Moses Malone.

One of these things is not like all the others, though.
wilt and moses both won their first championship the year they wont their third mvp

knightngale wrote:

It is simple. It has been said that he will be the best of all time when he retires then he pulls a "scared" move unlike any other top 10 player. Then dude chokes during his first try. Who's fault is it? The cavs role players? The heat role players? or the guy who will be the best player of all time in the universe?
laugh.gif

Even he thinks he is the chosen one then loses all confidence in the finals
laugh.gif
. Top 2-3 of all time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

It is simple. It has been said that he will be the best of all time when he retires then he pulls a "scared" move unlike any other top 10 player. Then dude chokes during his first try. Who's fault is it? The cavs role players? The heat role players? or the guy who will be the best player of all time in the universe?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
. Top 2-3 of all time
laugh.gif

Congrats, you managed to completely ignore or miss the point of my post. Kudos to you.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
. Top 2-3 of all time
laugh.gif
Congrats, you managed to completely ignore or miss the point of my post. Kudos to you.

I understand perfectly what you typed. You are just dismissing this type of argument from the beginning. It is not an unfair judgement at all. Just because you disagree does not mean I missed your stanish post
grin.gif

Originally Posted by caleb4god

ive always understood the mvp to be the player that makes the biggest impact on their team. the selection reasons are always subjective. its not necessarily the stats but the player that most enhances the teams chances to win.
right, but when you take LBJ off the heat they still have Wade and Bosh.. so it seems like it is a statistics thing..

lol@ nyc buck

top 2-3 all time
roll.gif
for a dude that had to team up with 2 other  franchise players to have a chance at a ring
do u have reading comprehension problems? I said  IF LBJ finishes with 5-6 MVPs, 1-2 DPOYs, and continue on this trajectory + 2-3 rings, he will then be top 2-3 all time.
Did I say he is top 2-3 all time now? I was ghost b/c discussing basketball with people like you make my head hurt. It's like you don't read the whole post and take things completely out of context.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

lol@ nyc buck

top 2-3 all time
roll.gif
do u have reading comprehension problems? I said  IF LBJ finishes with 5-6 MVPs, 1-2 DPOYs, and continue on this trajectory + 2-3 rings, he will then be top 2-3 all time.
Did I say he is top 2-3 all time now? I was ghost b/c discussing basketball with people like you make my head hurt. It's like you don't read the whole post and take things completely out of context.
I am laughing at the IF though
roll.gif

Originally Posted by caleb4god

right, but when you take LBJ off the heat they still have Wade and Bosh.. so it seems like it is a statistics thing..

well when the talent level is as even as it is with the top mvp candidates stats can often be used to separate them. which leaves me wondering still how lbj got mvp. ah well. its the one in june that counts

Back
Top Bottom