Computer help...3000 kbs International League Pass

So i picked up a spare desktop so I could try and watch International League Pass at the highest setting (3000 kb) but it still pretty choppy.  The 1600 is not bad, but a little jerky.  My comp specs are: 2.4 ghz, 2 gig ram, ATI Radeon 5550 (128 mb) card.  Do I need a better video card to get up to the best setting?

yea get 2 more gigs of RAM
and at least a 512MB video card 1GB at most for what you're doing.

but i'll just bank on the fact that it's your internet connection if not refer to whats above.
FIRST go to speedtest.net, take the test, and post back with the results.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

yea get 2 more gigs of RAM
and at least a 512MB video card 1GB at most for what you're doing.

but i'll just bank on the fact that it's your internet connection if not refer to whats above.
FIRST go to speedtest.net, take the test, and post back with the results.
roll.gif
 I'm the one that started that thread too ahha.  I'm the OP with 50 mb up/down, so it's definitely NOT my internet connection

Why do I need to do both? If I get a 512 mb memory card I think that would be sufficient right? Doesn't it work as such: if video card memory is full or overloaded it uses system memory? The 'cache' wtv it is called is what creates the stuttering and choppy pictures when it is sent back to video card (info) but the video card isn't completely ready for it yet...

First thing, check ATI's website and see if your video card has the most up-to-date driver.  This is most probably your problem, since your computer specs aren't that bad.

If that doesn't work, a new video card will definitely help you out.

What kind of processor does the computer have?  If it's a Pentium 4 you'll likely be SOL no matter how much money you put into the machine.  If not, I would recommend getting a 512mb video card like senio said.

More than likely your connection thats an almost 3mbit stream if you are on dsl you will not be able to watch it right.

I dunno what the processor is, but it is 2.6 ghz. I think I'll need to update the power supply too if I get a new video card =/ Btw what does the processor have to do with this?

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

I dunno what the processor is, but it is 2.6 ghz. I think I'll need to update the power supply too if I get a new video card =/ Btw what does the processor have to do with this?

a 2.6 ghz processor from 5 years ago is far slower than a 2.6 ghz from today.  It's all about the processor architecture rather than the power it draws.  Think of the processor as the brains of the system that controls all of its components.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

a 2.6 ghz processor from 5 years ago is far slower than a 2.6 ghz from today.  It's all about the processor architecture rather than the power it draws.  Think of the processor as the brains of the system that controls all of its components.
Yeah I have a Pentium 4.  I didn't think a Pentium 4 was THAT outdated.  Damn =(  So a new video card and power supply wouldn't be enough?  I guess I'll find a computer it plays the 3k streaming at and check the specs on it.  

Back
Top Bottom