Complex Mag: The 50 Most Racist Movies

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

laugh.gif
White chicks should have been # 1.

Driving Miss Daisy
Proving once and for all that there's nothing quite as awesome as benevolent whites, DMD shows black folk the benefits of being nice to curmudgeonly old cracker bitties: You get to drive them around a bunch, hip them to how your problems actually mirror theirs, let them teach you how to read, and, when it's all said and done, feed them pie in a rest home. Sweet!

frown.gif

I was happy to see True Lies and Aladdin on that list.

My additions:

-Taxi Driver.  If anyone questions this, Scorsese admitted to how much Pacino's character hates black people.  Just look at how he acts around black people throughout the movie.  Also, the main pimp was initially supposed to be black, but Scorsese was afraid of riots.
-Rules of Engagement should be in the top 10.  Probably the most Anti Arab movie ever made in mainstream Hollywood.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Only saw the ones listed here but was expecting blazing saddles to be in the top 5 at least. I know it was satirical and not meant to be racist but man that movie is crazy
laugh.gif

if its too much, just tell me.
laugh.gif

yeah, I too figured birth of a nation was easily the most racist movie ever concieved..

I've never seen breakfast at tiffany's, but one character makes the movie more racist than birth of a nation?

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

yeah, I too figured birth of a nation was easily the most racist movie ever concieved..

I've never seen breakfast at tiffany's, but one character makes the movie more racist than birth of a nation?
Complex runs down the flicks that you might not have realized were wildly offensive. Turn on your racist radars, people!

still, one character makes the movie more racist than, say, movies comprised entirely of a main character sporting blackface (or whiteface)?

I'm just asking, relax, killer.....

I said I had never seen the movie...

honestly, tho,

people really don't find the last samuri racist?

really?

I mean, the racism is so subtle....yes, sarcasm.

complex's logic behind who made the list and who didn't is stupid, imo

"we didn't include tropic thunder, its obviously racist, but soul man, we KNOW noone caught the racism in that one"

?

relax?.. lol
I was explaining it to you.

the everyday weed habit of yours must be frying your neurons or something.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

41. Romeo Must Die
Ah, Shakespere's timeless love story Romeo and Juliet, updated for the hip-hop generation. With their two families feuding, a black girl (Aaliyah) and a Chinese man (Jet Li) find an unexpected bond—except for the fact that the couple didn't even share a kiss on screen, making the "love story" a bit of an anti-climactic joke. In fact, the movie originally ended with a kiss, but producers supposedly cut the scene at the last minute because it didn't "test well" with audiences. Damn. Can't the yellow man get some?

first thing that came to mind was this pic Dirty posted in the Asian Males=No respect in Hollywood thread
9d3352a64b10643bfeecbcca8c06aba9541aef1.jpg

Didnt test well
smh.gif
 C'Mon Son!

At least Jet Lee got to kiss Aaliyah
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Driving Miss Daisy
Proving once and for all that there's nothing quite as awesome as benevolent whites, DMD shows black folk the benefits of being nice to curmudgeonly old cracker bitties: You get to drive them around a bunch, hip them to how your problems actually mirror theirs, let them teach you how to read, and, when it's all said and done, feed them pie in a rest home. Sweet!

frown.gif

Even as a kid this movie bother the hell out of me
smh.gif

I knew Breakfast at Tiffany's was number 1 before I even clicked the list

Racism is never justified, but at least a lot of movies have some sort of explanation for it even though it's ignorant and wrong... it at least has some reason for it being there.

But Mickey Rooney's character provided nothing to the plot, theme, etc., it was just him doing an awfully racist Asian impersonation.

The Green Mile wouldn't have been anywhere near as powerful if there weren't an obvious racist element to it.

The whole point was that a good man was wrongfully accused and eventually killed because of the townspeople's inability to see him as a good man, refusing to see him as anything than a menacing, threatening black man.

To me, the final message was 'If people could eliminate their racist agendas and perspectives, the victims of that racism could do great things.'

*shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom