Communism isn't such a bad idea if you think about it

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

theory =/= practice.
indeed.

the idea in itself offers a great perspective, but it will never and can never be executed in its highest potential.

There has never been a true communist state. In order to be a real communist state, it has to come after the country was industrialized and post capitalistic.Russia in the 1910's and 1920s was in shambles and the communist regime tried to catch up industrially from the 1930s but never fully put it all together.The USSR ate itself because nothing ever worked right and the numbers were just fudged to make it look right.

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

Communism would work if executed correctly... the thought process
behind it is accurate, it's just never been properly carried out.

And to the guy that thinks Hitler wasn't a great leader... You must be on something.
He transformed a chaotic Germany into one of the greatest powers the world has ever seen.
His intentions and his actions were certainly evil and i do no agree with them in the slightest, in fact,
i carry a strong hatred for the man. But there is no denying that he is one of the greatest leaders the
world has ever seen.

I was even watching this history program in a World Civ. class in my school, and a historian was being interviewed
and he said that only three rulers who have ever lived would be able to effectively control the entire world... And those
three leaders were King Solomon, Alexander the Great, and Adolf Hitler.
What guy in here said that Hitler wasn't a great leader? I would say that a lot of people here aren't great READERS.

laugh.gif
people do realize that incentives can still exist in communism right?

laugh.gif
n/m... i don't know why i keep reading this.. i'm sorry.

In theory, communism is good...so u are correct.......Likewise, capitalism is also good in theory............However, when u take into account the fallacies ofhuman nature (such as greed and the negative affects of competition) many problems arise in both systems.

during the height of the USSR it looked something like:

- no unemployment
- free housing for all. imagine never having to pay rent or a mortgage
- free health-care
- free education, university (no student loans)
- job placement/ job guarantee
- no homelessness
- virtually no crime
- No drugs
- equality in the workplace in regards to men and women

now granted there were problems as well, there is no denying that.
Like for example, many things weren't available to them sine it was a closed market.
However, some of the major problems that we face today
in America were almost non-existent.

It looks good in theory, but Marx forget to take account one essential human quality... self interest.

For all these people in here supporting and defending communism, I don't see ANY of you rushing to go live in a communist country....

no communist country in history has ever pulled off true communism so we haven't therefore seen what Karl Marx's vision was, it was always in timemanipulated by a dictatorship/ totalitarian government.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by ScottiePimpin33

but then everyone would be lazy and nothing would get done because everyone knew they didnt have to do squat and still make the same amount of money as a doctor who is saving someones life on the daily
Actually, since you would be doing things for the good of the common man and not just to be selfish and greedy like we do now, people may actually be more inclined to work hard because they understand that a great number of people are relying on them.
well i dunno about you but i'll just sit back and let you do all the work

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Originally Posted by J Burner

For all these people in here supporting and defending communism, I don't see ANY of you rushing to go live in a communist country....
Another crappy anti-communism argument.

Like it's that easy to just pick up your belongings and move to a new country halfway around the world
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/7324940#reply-7324940

OP I disagree with you though

Because it isn't necessary to grave dig just so you can say "haha told you so." Especially when the entire thing was apparantly somebody's idea of a joke. I didn't make it up, it was actually all over. So yea, I was wrong, but I was a victim of mis-information from credible sources, lots of people thought this was the real deal.

Stop it. "Credible sources?" Like Rush Limbaugh and pajamas.com?
roll.gif

No, only people like you that take every word that comes from a conservative blog to be true thought it was the real deal.

laugh.gif
how the hell would I just rush to go live in another country genius?

...you've got to be one of the most uneducated sounding loudmouths on this board lately. I'll bet your one of these kids who's like a freshmenmajoring in Poly Sci who thinks he has the whole world figured out because he listens to Glenn Beck.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if not, you do a hell of an impression of one.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Like it's that easy to just pick up your belongings and move to a new country halfway around the world
eyes.gif
That would be easier than turning the United States into a communist country. It would also be a lot easier than convincing people who haveexperienced the advantages of Capitalism that Communism is a good idea.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by JChambers

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

eyes.gif
That would be easier than turning the United States into a communist country. It would also be a lot easier than convincing people who have experienced the advantages of Capitalism that Communism is a good idea.
wink.gif

WHOA WHAO WHAO!!! Thats waaaaay too much common sense for NT, get that out of here!

Back
Top Bottom