COMMON PROBLEM WITH XII's ???

okay some1 please tell me, why does this keep happening? i have 3 pairs of XII's... well 2 now, disputed one and returned em. heres a pic of why they wereused white/red OGs and.... well heres the picture i got a pair ofblack/red XII's around 2 months ago maybe, grabbed em on ebay n came to be official, i wore em for the 3rd time today and... low and behold check thesepix. mind you all of this happened as of today, before this they were fine (aside from the LAST picture) these are retros from 04. they are 5 yrs old and already falling apart???come on Jordan!! should i be expecting this of all my XII's? my white/blue ones havent done it yet but now im worried bout wearin em whats a solution tothis? whats the best glue to use? HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED "MIGHTY MENDIT"??

It's part of the ageing process. My obsidian's did the same thing. I'll be going to my local shoe repair shop to glue it together. It'shappened to my escape 90's and hurache 2k4's.

yeah but 5 yrs is barely even aged. my kids older than that.
is this what i should expect of all Js?

Originally Posted by skep

yeah but 5 yrs is barely even aged. my kids older than that.
is this what i should expect of all Js?

5 years is old sir for a pair of sneakers
laugh.gif
try gorilla glue or a shoe repair shop

A shoe's life span will vary on the conditions they were stored in. You said you bought them on ebay. Do you know how they were stored? With silica packs?Did the previous owner/you live in a humid climate? etc. Lots of factors can determine if a shoe will hold up esp. if they are old/ds. For example I boughtsome ds cg 4s a couple weeks ago. When they arrived, they were ds but I noticed they midsole was starting to yellow and the grey netting was starting todiscolor.

well i got 1 pair that hasnt fallen apart yet so we'll see how they hold up, but does any1 have an answer to my question about mighty mendit? or should istart a new thread about that?

i agree with how the shoe was stored, i purchased a pair of OG playoff 12's from a fellow NT'er and they were stored very well and they were in perfectcondition.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by never wear them

Never had any problems with any 12s. og or retros.
XIIs are built like tanks. Can't say for anything past the 04 retros.
That was always my perception. JB's retro quality
eyes.gif

My og white/red 12's sole came off the other day
tired.gif
eyes.gif

Used wood glue, the only glue i had
laugh.gif
and surprisingly it worked..but imnot gonna be wearing em for a while.

My og black/reds and white/reds had this problem. A little shoe goo and they should be good as new.
I'd be careful with other types of glues. Some dry very hard and aren't flexible

That sucks but like other people said a little shoe goo and you should be good to go.

ok so no answer on MIGHTY MENDIT
wheres a good place to get SHOE GOO?

Back
Top Bottom