College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

You know he did. Its like Kobe or Bron bringing the ball up. They're not PG's though. I see what your sayin though

As far as Austin not being on the top of the west last year. That dont mean $+!%. Im talking about what Im seeing now. He had the potential but he is taking itto another level right now. Its up to him to continue his play and his development. His swag is off the charts right now

As for defensive PGs... Was Darren Collison even the best defensive PG on his own team last year?
nerd.gif

russellwestbrook.jpg

Ill make another statement Austin Daye might be the best player in college.
laugh.gif
. I mean, what even makes him better than a player likeEarl Clark who shares the same size and skill set?

An "all around" means best to me.

DC was not his best last year but he still better then most on that list.
he might be better. But last year he wasn't. Those guys played their @##@@ off.

His swag is off the charts right now
What does this mean?

mean, what even makes him better than a player like Earl Clark who shares the same size and skill set?

austin daye + plus 15-20lbs of muscle>>earl clark..

but i dunno if he been hittin the weights this summer so we shall see

and im jus gonna say it now...yes im a Duke fan but Psycho T is the best college player imo..

i cant believe i jus typed that
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Ill make another statement Austin Daye might be the best player in college.
laugh.gif
. I mean, what even makes him better than a player like Earl Clark who shares the same size and skill set?

DC was not his best last year but he still better then most on that list.
he might be better. But last year he wasn't. Those guys played their @##@@ off.

His swag is off the charts right now
What does this mean?

Earl Clark is good. Different type of player. Earl reminds me of Marvin Williams where as Austin plays similar to KD. Swag = Confidence where you been? Nothard to translate what I meant. Austin has elevated his game this summer. Like I said if he sustains his level of play that he has showed this summer, he mightbe the best player in the country. I agree that he is no where near as athletic and he sure is not going to out rebound Earl. Thats why I compare him to KD,even though KD is a great rebounder. KD is not that athletic and is not a good defender. KD is just way more agressive and has more range.

Haiti - new cezar guerrero vid on ballislife
pimp.gif

I'll just make this prediction now - Austin Daye will NOT be the best player in the country this year.

AD is NOT the best player in the nation. He might have top 5 potential, but right now theres no way.

Collison is the best PG in America this year though imo...

UCLA final 4 if Shipp can finally step up

Originally Posted by haiti5

mean, what even makes him better than a player like Earl Clark who shares the same size and skill set?

austin daye + plus 15-20lbs of muscle>>earl clark..

Naaaaaah Charlie......
laugh.gif

No way.
and im jus gonna say it now...yes im a Duke fan but Psycho T is the best college player imo..

i cant believe i jus typed that
embarassed.gif

Unfortunately you're probably correct
smh.gif

So tonite I was down at West 4th and caught the semi-finals. X-men won the first game. In game 2 Lance Stephenson was playing.

Dude did not impress me at all. No question he has the skill to play at the next level, but this dude has lots of holes in his game, and is definitely a headcase. He got a tech in the 4th quarter and got into one or two scraps throughout the game. Plus his team got beat by around 10-15 points.

On the plus side, offensively he will be a very good 3 at the college level. Dude's speed and strength will be tough to stop. He can also finish verystrong around the rim, dealing with contact well. He was physically holding his own against grown men. But his shot isn't consistent, and he has a tendencyto get frustrated if he doesn't touch the ball. Defensively Lance doesn't even know where he is on the court. He gets completely lost, and gambles toomuch. He has the physical ability to be a good defender but i doubt he has the awareness or desire to become a good defender. The worst thing though is if onething goes wrong, it gets in his head, and he starts to show it. It turns into a spiral where he can be taken out of a game if you frustrate him once or hedoesn't get a call. He was a non-factor pretty much the whole 2nd half after playing pretty well in the 1st.

Sad to say, but I have a bad feeling about this kid being a product of the hype, and becoming a victim of his own attitude, and the fact that his *@% has beenkissed his whole life. I would not be surprised at all if he bust's, which is a shame cuz he has all the talent in the world. His school choice is gonna beREALLY KEY. If he goes somewhere that he is forced to get his head on straight he could really be something special, but that seems unlikely. At the park, afew people mentioned USC as a destination, which caught me a little by surprise. I think Memphis or Kansas is his most likely destination, with St. Johnshaving an outside shot.

Haiti - new cezar guerrero vid on ballislife
smokin.gif
ima fan of this kid granted he grows a few more inches(which he should) and becomes more athletic(which comes with growing...i hope)

Naaaaaah Charlie......
laugh.gif

No way.

i dunno i jus feel that austin dayes learning curve is higher than earl..
frown.gif
im biased cuz he plays with my dude(fellow englewood native) Jeremy...hey weshall see tho.

Collison is the best PG in America this year though imo...
not if we have a healthy ty lawson roaming..no way im not goin
laugh.gif
...plus i aint been a UCLA fan since TJ Cummings was on the team..
roll.gif

but i was looking around and saw this site chicago area hoopers used to check for rankings and such..its cool looking back at this stuff

roll.gif
@ imari sawyer being ahead of DWADE..if we only knew
sick.gif

Matt Lottich
pimp.gif
i know yall remember him at stanford
[h1]Seniors (2000)[/h1]
[table][tr][td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
Declared for the NBA Draft
[/td] [/tr][/table]
1) 6'9" Darius Miles WF East St. Louis (East St. Louis) AAU/Illinois Warriors- The most uncanny of players, in that at 6'9" he can do most anything. Believe it or not the one thing that he doesn't do often is post up. It is looking like he will qualify for college but will still choose the NBA route. [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
depaul.gif
2) 6'9" Andre Brown PF Leo (Chicago) AAU/Ferrari-
This power forward has an array of offensive post moves that he uses to dismantle his defender. Also, is a great rebounder and has great hands, which is vital for a post player to be dominant. [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
uic.gif
3) 6'3" Cedrick Banks G Westinghouse (Chicago) AAU/Illinois Hawks- This lanky guard has a bag full of tricks that allows him to rack up big numbers on the scoreboard. Extremely quick and definitely knows how to win, as he almost helped lead his high school team to a undefeated season last year and over the summer his AAU team captured the AAU National Championship in Orlando.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
depaul.gif
4) 6'2" Imari Sawyer PG M.L. King (Chicago) AAU/Illinois Fire-
Quick and creative, the DePaul-bound Sawyer is a combo guard that will be better suited for the point guard spot for college. [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
marquette.gif
5) 6'4" Dwyane Wade WG/WF Richards (Oak Lawn) AAU/Illinois Warriors-
No real weaknesses in his game, Dwayne is a scoring machine on offense, and on defense he is adept at making crucial steals or blocks. [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
stanford.gif
6) 6'4" Matt Lottich SG New Trier (Winnetka) AAU/Illinois Warriors- Tenacity. That one word would fully suffice in describing Matt Lottich's game. Lottich always has his game-face on and plays every possession like it's his last. However, his game is not only about hustle, as Matt can hit from long-range with the best of them and his handle on the ball is capable of allowing him the point guard spot. [/td] [/tr][/table]

imo if AJ Price didn't tear his ACL, everybody would be talking about him being the best PG in the nation. Yeah his D is average at best but DJ Augustinwasn't a best on D either.

Originally Posted by friscostylez

imo if AJ Price didn't tear his ACL, everybody would be talking about him being the best PG in the nation. Yeah his D is average at best but DJ Augustin wasn't a best on D either.

To me, he was the 3rd best PG last year.

So yeah, I'd agree with that.

As far as Daye, the kid couldn't play over 20 minutes in the WCC. I wasn't impressed AT all. Sure he's tall and can shoot, but I need to see someproduction on the court.

There are 20 + college players at least I'd take over him.

Not pro potential, but college players.

edit*

actually probably 40+

Tyler Hansbrough
Hasheem Thabeet
Luke Harangody
Earl Clark
Tyler Smith
Tyrese Rice
Stephen Curry
Darren Collison
Sam Young
AJ Price
Lester Hudson
Jon Brockman
Damion James
Jerel McNeal
Jack McClinton
James Harden
Blake Griffin
Chase Budinger
Jeremy Pargo
Scottie Reynolds
Curtis Jerrells
Dajuan Summers
Gerald Henderson
Kenny Hasbrouck
Wayne Ellington
Ty Lawson
Nick Calathes
Pat Patterson
Wink Adams

Off the top of my head, there's 30.

Again, NOT pro potential. For right now IN college.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

If a brother goes to Gonzaga willingly, he's soft!!!

I got good money that says Jeremy Pargo would knock your head through a wall...
Apparently people don't recognize sarcasm. And Pargo can take his wack game to Europe with his brother.

my dude allen is really naming people .. it's not that serious, dude.

the other guy is obviously weird.

pimp.gif

Justin Young
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Senior Writer

Talk about it in Basketball Recruiting Board
After a dominating summer, KennyBoynton is now making moves with his recruitment. The five-star guard from Florida is setting up in-home visits and official visits.

[table][tr][td]
KENNYBOYNTON4_25200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]What school will win the Kenny Boynton sweepstakes?[/td] [/tr][/table]Boynton told Rivals.com's Brian McLawhorn that Duke will make the first in-home visit on Sept. 9. The next day, Florida will stopby for an in-home visit.

According to his brother Deondre, Boynton has set up an in-home visit with Georgia Tech on Sept. 11. Boynton also scheduled his first official visit of thefall with the Yellow Jackets on Sept. 26.

"He'll probably set up his official visits with Florida and Duke when they come in for their in-home visits," Deondre said.

Memphis and Texas are also in the picture, the Boynton's confirmed with Rivals.com.

"I'm going to take my official visits and then I'm going to decide. I want to see each school one more time and basically use that time to get toknow the coaches better. The big thing for me will be my relationship with the coaches," Kenny Boynton told McLawhorn.

"I want to have a good relationship with the coaches and I want to be at a place that I can play as a freshman. I don't want anything given to me,though. I want to compete and earn my spot on the floor, but I want to know it's a place that the opportunity is there."

Boynton made no secrets that Duke and Florida have made it known that he is atop the list for both programs.

"I do pay attention to who's coming at me the hardest," Boynton said. "Duke and Florida have been the two I think that have been coming atme the hardest. Florida has been recently since the Duke coaches are in China, but Coach K told me he wouldn't be able to be in as much contact with me. Iwould have to say before that Duke was recruiting me the hardest."

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Originally Posted by friscostylez

imo if AJ Price didn't tear his ACL, everybody would be talking about him being the best PG in the nation. Yeah his D is average at best but DJ Augustin wasn't a best on D either.

To me, he was the 3rd best PG last year.

So yeah, I'd agree with that.

As far as Daye, the kid couldn't play over 20 minutes in the WCC. I wasn't impressed AT all. Sure he's tall and can shoot, but I need to see some production on the court.

There are 20 + college players at least I'd take over him.

Not pro potential, but college players.

edit*

actually probably 40+
Mid Feb I was saying he was the Big East POY.... Remember that Allen?

Back
Top Bottom