College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Bout time Cam came in here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Avery Bradley tryin' to get his grades up is a good sign for UCLA ...
not really... I'd think that Texas is in the lead for him, especially with him needing to get his grades up

now if you said Gaddy and UCLA, I'd say there is a good chance of that happening... not guaranteeing anything but have heard talk about Gaddy possiblycommitting to UCLA soon

but in the case of Bradley, at Prep & in WA, you only need a 1.8 GPA the previous semester to be eligible to play... however in order to be eligible toplay in the NCAA, you need a 2.0 minimum overall GPA and I believe UCLA's requirement is slightly higher than the NCAA minimum

at this moment, it looks like Bradley wouldn't qualify and Bellarmine Prep's curriculum isn't what most people would call easy, especially if youneed to raise your GPA and you haven't been pullin 2.0 overall already

I know there was talk about Gaddy & Bradley being a package deal, but that's the same talk that surrounded Mayo & Walker earlier and look wherethey ended up... Bradley has said he wouldn't mind playing with Jordan Hamilton at Texas, if indeed Hamilton goes there

Yea I just read something on Bradley and I'm almost certian that he and Hamilton will be going to Texas. I'm not sure if Gaddy will be in the mix butif he signs to me Texas has a top 5 class in 2009.
2009 class could look something like this(rankings on rivals)
5 Jordon Hamilton
8 Avery Bradley
13 Abdul Gaddy
64 Shawn Williams (already committed)

Originally Posted by RellBettaBlues

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

Originally Posted by dreClark

11. Purdue. Matt Painter's team snuck up on a lot of people last season. With Robbie Hummel leading the way, the Boilermakers have high hopes.
Didn't chitownlegend commit there???

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

who is he?
Chitownlegend is gonna be riding the pine but getting a free education. Purdue had 3 recruits for the 08-09 season and he was a no star athlete according to rivals.

Link? I refuse to believe homie couldn't get one star.

In the article BigMike posted it said something to the effect that Bradley only needed to raise his GPA for the first semester to get into UCLA so I figured hewas going to a secluded school to focus on his first semester hard and then just play ball. We'll see, though ...

We need a top 10 prospect to commit, nothing big has really happened recently ...

Chicago Hoops
September 3, 2008

Former Chicago Washington star Mario Little is off to a fast star at Kansas University. Despite playing with a stress fracture in his leg, Little capped off a three-game exhibition tour in Canada with 21 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds in the final game.

Little, a 6'5" forward who spent the past two seasons starring at juco powerhouse Chipola College, opened the Canadian tour with 9 points and 5 rebounds against McGill. He then scored 8 points and grabbed 5 rebounds in a win over Carleton.

Little then broke out with his 21 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds in a win over Ottawa to close out the tour. Little scored his 21 points on 9-11 shooting from the floor.

This coming season, Little, and former Chicago Crane star Sherron Collins are expected to lead a Kansas team that a year ago won the NCAA National Championship.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2 Chicago N's reppin' my school?! Lemme find out my cuzzo Dock had a lil' street team out there in the 'Go
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

i been ridin for duke since corey was there...im big on scheyer ever since i seen that boy get 21 points in 75 seconds..against extremely athletic (*whispers*black kids)...im not a huge sean doc fan, thats cakes neighborhood peoples...
laugh.gif

Oakton CC?...nah ..they have a decent coach tho...i know "da matrix" used to ball for them. i cant say that theyve been good in recent years..

I had 3 guys that ended up out there...1 at Oakton until just recently and 2 at Harper (?)

DI talent but not the grades.

BTW. . Jordan Sibert to visit UC next week, and John Riek is taking his ACT Sept 6 which is very important for UC.

September 3, 2008

Favors is back from Athens
Kipp Adams
UGASports.com
DERRICKFAVORS8_6200.JPG

Related Links:
Favors Video
Rivals150
Talk about it in Basketball Recruiting Board
While recruiting season is in full swing with the football players, the most highly anticipated prospect in Athens this year may have been a basketball star. Derrick Favors made his official visit to the Classic City this past weekend, and it was the same weekend of UGA's football opener against Georgia Southern.

Most visits are very hectic, with the coaching staff rushing around and an itinerary designed to maximize what the prospect sees in their short time there. With Favors though, that was not the case.

Favors is very close friends with UGA freshman Howard "Trey" Thompkins.
"We just went around campus and hung out with players and coaches," said Favors. "It was pretty laid back we went to the football game and tailgated. I have been there before, so I know what they have."

It may not have been the first time there for the five-star player, but there were some things he had not seen before.

"We went out off campus a little, and ate. Yeah it was a little different, being a small town. But that is not something that really matters to me. I also got to see the indoor facility and locker rooms. They were really nice."

Being in town for the season opener, the South Atlanta star could not pass up the opportunity to see the then number one team play.

"Yeah it was wild there at the game, they were loud as can be. The atmosphere was cool; I think that is what stood out to me during the visit." said one of the premier prospects in the country.

Does Favors think he could bring that sort of excitement to Stegman?

"I could try, I hope I can have that kind of impact."

While at the game, the top five talent was being recruited by not only the coaches, but also the fans.

"Yeah some fans knew who I was. They kept saying come here, we need you, and stuff like that. It was crazy, but also kind of cool. It's good to know you are wanted by fans and coaches."

The coaching staff spent some time sitting down with the 6-foot-9 , 225-pound phenom, and they let him know how he would be used if he were a Bulldog.

"Yeah, they said they would run a lot of high post, to maximize my skills. They would make me a focal point on the team. They let me know they want me bad."

He let us know already that the fans and coaches were on him, how did the team react to him.

"I got to hang out with all of them (the players). They are a cool bunch to be around, they're all cool. They kept telling me to come there and how good UGA could be."

The Bulldogs just got a commitment from 6-foot-10 center Daniel Miller. Having a player who could play center and allow him to slide down is something that definitely appeals to Favors.

"Oh yeah, power forward is my most natural position, so that is appealing. That is where I'm most comfortable, and I like playing that the most."

He just finished his first of five official visits, but he has no plans set in stone now.

"Not yet, I think Georgia Tech in September, but after that I don't know where I will go."

He has said all along that he is not close to deciding, and this visit did not change his plans.

"I still want to narrow them down this fall, and decide in the spring."

He is keeping it close to himself, but UGA has as good a chance to reel in this stud as any team in the country.

"It is 50-50 with everybody, no one is out yet," added Favors in closing.

Bradley closing in on commitment
Jerry Meyer
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Analyst

Talk about it in Basketball Recruiting Board
Five-star prospect Avery Bradley has a lot going on right now. First, he just transferred from Tacoma (Wash.) Bellermine Prep to Henderson (Nev.) Findlay Prep. Secondly the 6-foot-3, 175-pound shooting guard is closing in on a commitment to a Big 12 power.
AVERYBRADLEY7_25200.JPG

Bradley was sensational this summer.
Down to Texas and UCLA, Bradley is strongly leaning towards Texas. He officially visits Texas September 13 and has no plans to visit UCLA.

"I really have a good relationship with the coaches at Texas," said Bradley, who is the No. 8 ranked prospect in the Rivals150. "We are really close. I call them all the time.

"I also like the area it is in. Austin is a great city. When I went on my unofficial visit, I loved the city.

"Plus, they have a big opening at my position."

There is also the Jordan Hamilton factor. A top ten prospect like Bradley, Hamilton has been favoring Texas for quite some time and does not have UCLA on his list. Also, both players have let it be known that they would love to play together.

"We do have a strong relationship," said Bradley. "Jordan and me plan on going to school together."

As for his transfer to Findlay Prep, Bradley is hoping to improve as much off the court as on the court.

"I need to get my GPA up, and I wanted to move away from my hometown to get more focused and mature," he said. "We felt the move could help me accomplish those things."

Originally Posted by haiti5

2 Chicago N's reppin' my school?! Lemme find out my cuzzo Dock had a lil' street team out there in the 'Go
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

i been ridin for duke since corey was there...im big on scheyer ever since i seen that boy get 21 points in 75 seconds..against extremely athletic (*whispers* black kids)...im not a huge sean doc fan, thats cakes neighborhood peoples...
laugh.gif

ShutThe****UpGHe'sTheColdest!!!!!!!
smh.gif

by the way I'm G Checkin You For That Sig (O_O ) (O_O) ( O_O)

So you have Bradley and Hamilton most likely going to Texas...

Hasn't it been said that Renardo Sidney wants to play with Hamilton in college? And Hamilton talked John Wall into looking at Texas again...

I know it's a long shot, but imagine that class....and Texas will have the scholarships open for that many people (James most likely going pro; Atchley,Abrams, and I'm sure one or two more graduating; J'Covan Brown didn't get in this year).

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by RellBettaBlues

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

Originally Posted by dreClark

11. Purdue. Matt Painter's team snuck up on a lot of people last season. With Robbie Hummel leading the way, the Boilermakers have high hopes.
Didn't chitownlegend commit there???

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

who is he?
Chitownlegend is gonna be riding the pine but getting a free education. Purdue had 3 recruits for the 08-09 season and he was a no star athlete according to rivals.

Link? I refuse to believe homie couldn't get one star.

http://purdue.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

Click on 08 recruits.

[T.I.P] For as long as I remember I've been tellin y'all to pull these _'s resume's... You Better Check Up On These _'s... These _'s BeLyin... These _'s Aint Really Kickin This **$@ They Tellin Y'all [/T.I.P.]

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom