College a scam ? College not what it used to be good vid

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Word, I could do school no problem if it wasnt for gen ed courses.
This
mad.gif
I'm so lucky I took AP classes was able to score high enough to get credit.  It honestly saved me two whole years.  It really makes me mad because it does not help yet they are charging so much.  I had to sit through some Native American class...I enjoyed it but it did not help me at all. 

I also am required to take 2 electives but they have to be unrelated to my major.  Anyone else have to deal with something like this?  It is the principle of the matter - electives should be unrestricted. 

So for any high school student, you should really try to take as many AP classes or dual enrollment with a CC to save time and money. 

This is great advice. A lot of hard work and determination in high school will set you up nicely for college.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Originally Posted by E3LAL

This
mad.gif
I'm so lucky I took AP classes was able to score high enough to get credit.  It honestly saved me two whole years.  It really makes me mad because it does not help yet they are charging so much.  I had to sit through some Native American class...I enjoyed it but it did not help me at all. 

I also am required to take 2 electives but they have to be unrelated to my major.  Anyone else have to deal with something like this?  It is the principle of the matter - electives should be unrestricted. 

So for any high school student, you should really try to take as many AP classes or dual enrollment with a CC to save time and money. 

This is great advice. A lot of hard work and determination in high school will set you up nicely for college.
this. Taking GEC's right now and it would have been much much better if I had taken the AP courses in high school with teachers that actually care about all the students' understanding of the material.

But I elected to not take AP Chemistry my senior year since the teacher gave so much work. Biggest regret of high school.

edit: and not taking AP French. I'm wasting 2 quarters on French even though I'm studying the sciences.

The system might be corrupt, but that does not mean a degree is. The zombie reference? Less you plan on starting a business or doing a trade school you pretty much need a degree. yes, people make it without degrees. Name a top company where you don't need a BA/BS to get into?

Originally Posted by Peja4Prez

The system might be corrupt, but that does not mean a degree is. The zombie reference? Less you plan on starting a business or doing a trade school you pretty much need a degree. yes, people make it without degrees. Name a top company where you don't need a BA/BS to get into?

true

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

true
This.
And didn't college used to be mad cheap like 20 years ago? I know some countries college is FREE!! I don't know what's going on in the US lately, but it's like "They" want us to fail as a whole. Want an example? People are saying college is a scam 
grin.gif
 Ya, you go be Steve Jobs, call me later, I'm busy getting this degree..

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by carbon16

The way college is set up is a scam. If Gen Ed's were eliminated most students would finish school in 2-3years with less debt.

Word, I could do school no problem if it wasnt for gen ed courses.
This
mad.gif
these GE courses can be done at a CC, just transfer and it's all gravy...money saved...college in CA is gettin worse every year with the fees...they're gonna start charging random things

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

true
This.
And didn't college used to be mad cheap like 20 years ago? I know some countries college is FREE!! I don't know what's going on in the US lately, but it's like "They" want us to fail as a whole. Want an example? People are saying college is a scam 
grin.gif
 Ya, you go be Steve Jobs, call me later, I'm busy getting this degree..
laugh.gif
this is so true tho

I don't need a degree to do what I want to do in life. But I still want to be educated in a melting pot of an environment full of intellectual conversations and networking of brilliant minds. With that being said the degree that I want will not give a very good chance at a job at all.

With that being said, I won't be going back to college without a major change in the system.

Back
Top Bottom