Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
The irony of that Dame dash video is that Dame has previously talked down on culture vultures and chatty pattys, but now he’s being a chatty patty with a culture vulture.

You’re being skeptical just for sake of being skeptical. I asked you specifically what are you hoping WE get.......you never answered directly. You then say Jay is surrounded by people that don’t care about black people or black peoples issues.....all while providing no proof or examples to back up your claim. I’m having a hard time believing Jay Z or those associated with him don’t care about black people based off your personal feelings with no facts when he helped produce a documentary on Kalief Browder who he met, and a documentary on the murder of Trayvon Martin and the injustice associated with his death.

Black people gotta get out of this barbershop mentality where folks just be saying anything that’s pops into their head just to be saying it with nothing to back it up. We gotta have some kind of accountability.
na i'm not being skeptical for the sake of being skeptical.
you're just indoctrinated but you don't see that so you say what you say in this thread and others.
when you wake up you will understand. we are all on a journey so I understand where you're coming from because I was there too at one point.

I can't go into everything because i'm not posting from a personal computer so I can only say so much and even then i'm taking a risk...

to be clear
-I don't expect jay to be able to get anything for us that real/tangible because I don't expect the ppl that he's around to change how they feel about ppl like us. their intention isn't to actually help in anyway and we know this from their past actions and their current actions...plus there's no financial benefit for them. they have all of the leverage. business wise this only makes sense for them and for jay if he's only about the dollar. he's got money but not THAT type of money and there's no incentive for them to do anything given that they're getting ratings, players are playing regardless.

-that's why I said jay should do his own thing. puff had a point, team ownership doesn't do anything for us. does owning a police precinct do something for all of us? how about becoming a judge or a lawyer or a doctor/nurse? does that change the system itself? or are we under the system pushing their policies? even if we are at an executive level within their system what does that do for the rest of us? we have to be allowed to do anything within their system as long as we remain or seek to be a part of it.

lets stop here. proof or examples. this is where I wish I was at home on my own computer so I could provide clips. everything is restricted here so I may have to provide proof later but here are a few examples:

Once one of the NFL’s most powerful owners, Carolina Panthers owner Richardson is selling the team following a NFL investigation that concluded he was guilty of racism and sexual harassment.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced the findings and conclusions in the investigation conducted by former U.S. attorney and SEC chairman, Mary Jo White.
source: https://www.insightnews.com/nfl-nds...cle_5cd33268-85f7-11e8-a37f-1bf4f01963d4.html

(CNN)A Dallas sportscaster is causing a stir for a blistering TV commentary in which he acknowledged his own "white privilege" and slammed the "covert racism" of NFL owners who won't give talented coaches of color a chance.
Dale Hansen of WFAA made his comments in reaction to the Arizona Cardinals' hiring of head coach Kliff Kingsbury, even though Kingsbury has no NFL experience and was just fired as coach at Texas Tech, where he had a losing record.
"Kingsbury fits all the criteria to be a head coach in the NFL. He's an offensive genius, he's young and he's white -- and not necessarily in that order," Hansen said on air Wednesday night in his "Unplugged" segment.
"Young, talented coaches of color not getting the chance, that's a huge problem. The covert racism of the NFL ownership group is so bad, the NFL had to make a rule so that minority coaches could at least get an interview."
source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/sport/dale-hansen-nfl-coaches-white-privilege-trnd/index.html

"We can't have inmates running the prison" -Bob McNair
https://www.pushblack.us/news/nfl-owner-may-have-made-most-racist-comments-year

A video of the Cowboys owner was released on Friday that showed Jones making a racially insensitive remark while being filmed on a phone camera at a hotel in 2013

"Jennifer, congratulations on the wedding. Now, you know he's with a black girl tonight, don't you?" Jones says, as he let out a big laugh.

PHILADELPHIA – Embarrassed Eagles receiver Riley Cooper stood fittingly with his back to a wall outside the team's training complex press room Wednesday night, apologizing for a racial epithet used after a confrontation with an African American security guard working a June 8 Kenny Chesney concert.

In a video that has gone viral, Cooper said, "I will jump that fence and fight every ****** here, bro."
source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ooper-apologizes-to-teammates-n-word/2606483/

he same pro football team that had a problem with Colin Kaepernick for kneeling in silence to protest the lack of social justice for Black people in America eagerly selected a player with a history of racist social media activity during the NFL Draft Tuesday night. The San Francisco 49ers were coming under heavy fire for making Nick Bosa the second overall pick despite his apparent open embrace of all-things MAGA.
source: https://newsone.com/playlist/nick-bosa-nfl-draft-racist-tweets/

I can keep going and can provide better examples but not right now here at work.
which one of these owners in the league jay is partnering with is supposed to be for black ppl?
the commissioner who smirked and laughed is supposed to be for black ppl?

they ******* on colin and have continued to **** on colin. before any deal was signed he should have addressed that. period.
they silenced that man.

now as far as jay's ppl, how far did the Barclay thing go? go back in the thread and read that article about what happened. son was used and all black ppl got was a coogi sweater inspired nets jersey, pushed out/higher rent and new neighbors.

i'll post what *I* want a little later. gotta go back to work.

The irony of that Dame dash video is that Dame has previously talked down on culture vultures and chatty pattys, but now he’s being a chatty patty with a culture vulture.

Huh?

How is Dame Dash a chatty patty? He is literally talking about only himself and his experiences...from his own POV.

Chatty patties gossip about other people and stick their noses in other folks affairs with zero accountability.

How is Adam Grandmaison a culture vulture?

Just cause he's white?

Dude been into rap since the 90's - started out in BMX and rap / X-games type sports have always been closely knit.

If that's the case then everyone from Eminem to ALC are culture vultures too I suppose.

soon as son asked about i'm dame dash and stated his fav line (dame took me off the block/hand to hand to handlin' a coffee pot) I was like ok, you have my attention. lol.
def the best song on that tape and def one of the illest to come out of rocafella IMO.

Dame Dash interview (38:00 mark) > everything else.

We out creating revenue streams for people who know nothing.

Whole announcement was click-bait.

None of us have any idea what this whole Jay-Z / NFL "partnership" thing even is.

Main man said "action items" LMAO!!!

This "partnership" means nothing to me and has zero impact on anything I care about.

Rich people made a mutually beneficial deal.

"News" of that deal is making money for less rich people by providing media content for clicks.

We still broke.

That is all.

I dunno man.

Facts don't get old, neither does the truth.

He was there. His experience is valuable.

He only answering the questions people are asking him.

...also 12:30 in the interview.
he doesn't have to do these interviews. nothing is gonna come of this. this isn't valuable

im just saying jay has put zero energy in to talking about dame
meanwhile 10 years later dame is trying to "expose" jay...to what end?
whats going to happen?
jay already signed the deal

yall are foolish if you think jay is considering dame's or yalls opinion on him about anything.

he doesn't have to do these interviews. nothing is gonna come of this. this isn't valuable

im just saying jay has put zero energy in to talking about dame
meanwhile 10 years later dame is trying to "expose" jay...to what end?
whats going to happen?
jay already signed the deal

yall are foolish if you think jay is considering dame's or yalls opinion on him about anything.

^
Strawman.

Nobody cares what "Jay is considering".

That's a false premise.

^
Strawman.

Nobody cares what "Jay is considering".

That's a false premise.
my original argument is that dame is acting like a female...giving attention to an ex friend that doesn't give him the time of day

^ I can respect your POV on that even if I don't agree / see it that way.

You have a right to your opinions / beliefs even if facts don't support them.

Dame himself addressed that in the interview (and many times over the years) so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

He answering the questions people are asking him.

He's actually stated he doesn't want to talk about Jay-Z, but people keep asking him about Jay-Z.

From 2015:

Sparks were flying when Damon Dash stopped by “The Breakfast Club” on Friday. During the hostile interview, the Roc-A-Fella Records co-founder went back and forth with Charlamagne Tha God, DJ Envy, and Angela Yee while discussing what it means to be a boss. But he refused to speak about his former business partner Jay Z.

“No more Jay Z questions,” snapped Dame.

“I don’t want to talk about other men,” he said. “It bugs me out. Why are men so curious about other men? I’m never worried about another man that much.”

https://www.rap-up.com/2015/03/13/damon-dash-refuses-to-talk-about-jay-z-on-the-breakfast-club/

Don't change the fact that Dame is steady dropping gems.

No ad-hominem.

Last edited:
na i'm not being skeptical for the sake of being skeptical.
you're just indoctrinated but you don't see that so you say what you say in this thread and others.
when you wake up you will understand. we are all on a journey so I understand where you're coming from because I was there too at one point.

I can't go into everything because i'm not posting from a personal computer so I can only say so much and even then i'm taking a risk...

to be clear
-I don't expect jay to be able to get anything for us that real/tangible because I don't expect the ppl that he's around to change how they feel about ppl like us. their intention isn't to actually help in anyway and we know this from their past actions and their current actions...plus there's no financial benefit for them. they have all of the leverage. business wise this only makes sense for them and for jay if he's only about the dollar. he's got money but not THAT type of money and there's no incentive for them to do anything given that they're getting ratings, players are playing regardless.

-that's why I said jay should do his own thing. puff had a point, team ownership doesn't do anything for us. does owning a police precinct do something for all of us? how about becoming a judge or a lawyer or a doctor/nurse? does that change the system itself? or are we under the system pushing their policies? even if we are at an executive level within their system what does that do for the rest of us? we have to be allowed to do anything within their system as long as we remain or seek to be a part of it.

lets stop here. proof or examples. this is where I wish I was at home on my own computer so I could provide clips. everything is restricted here so I may have to provide proof later but here are a few examples:

source: https://www.insightnews.com/nfl-nds...cle_5cd33268-85f7-11e8-a37f-1bf4f01963d4.html

source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/sport/dale-hansen-nfl-coaches-white-privilege-trnd/index.html

https://www.pushblack.us/news/nfl-owner-may-have-made-most-racist-comments-year

source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ooper-apologizes-to-teammates-n-word/2606483/

source: https://newsone.com/playlist/nick-bosa-nfl-draft-racist-tweets/

I can keep going and can provide better examples but not right now here at work.
which one of these owners in the league jay is partnering with is supposed to be for black ppl?
the commissioner who smirked and laughed is supposed to be for black ppl?

they ******* on colin and have continued to **** on colin. before any deal was signed he should have addressed that. period.
they silenced that man.

now as far as jay's ppl, how far did the Barclay thing go? go back in the thread and read that article about what happened. son was used and all black ppl got was a coogi sweater inspired nets jersey, pushed out/higher rent and new neighbors.

i'll post what *I* want a little later. gotta go back to work.

Man, you posting like someone has a gun to your head and they’ll pull the trigger if you type the wrong thing. I do appreciate your response, and you posting links this time to help back up your claim/point of view.

As for me I’m not necessarily looking for Jay to change the hearts and minds of some of these racists owners. If he does good....if he doesn’t oh well. I’m looking for Jay Z to help push the effort that Kap starting in an executive position within the NFL. Also and more importantly allocate resources, mainly money to programs and incentives in the inner city for children and kids.

At the end of the day the NFL has no connection to police brutality and police departments around the USA. There’s not much the NFL can do directly to cure police brutality against black people. The NFL can only use its global platform to highlight police brutality and bring awareness to how it plagues the black community. I expect Jay Z to continue the fight that Kap began....he’s just carrying the torch as Jay Z will eventually pass the torch to someone else and so on. I expect Roc Nation to step in to help with legal resources if and when a case of police brutality is present.....just like he did with the couple in Phoenix about a month or so ago. Not bad for someone who allegedly doesn’t care about black people.

Man, you posting like someone has a gun to your head and they’ll pull the trigger if you type the wrong thing. I do appreciate your response, and you posting links this time to help back up your claim/point of view.

As for me I’m not necessarily looking for Jay to change the hearts and minds of some of these racists owners. If he does good....if he doesn’t oh well. I’m looking for Jay Z to help push the effort that Kap starting in an executive position within the NFL. Also and more importantly allocate resources, mainly money to programs and incentives in the inner city for children and kids.

At the end of the day the NFL has no connection to police brutality and police departments around the USA. There’s not much the NFL can do directly to cure police brutality against black people. The NFL can only use its global platform to highlight police brutality and bring awareness to how it plagues the black community. I expect Jay Z to continue the fight that Kap began....he’s just carrying the torch as Jay Z will eventually pass the torch to someone else and so on. I expect Roc Nation to step in to help with legal resources if and when a case of police brutality is present.....just like he did with the couple in Phoenix about a month or so ago. Not bad for someone who allegedly doesn’t care about black people.

jigga prefers da - again.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7834066/jay-z-hyphen

:DBruh I listened to that Dame Dash interview and its definitely some gems in there it’s hilarious
To see the internet just paint Dame as some broke nobody even though not that long ago
People were siding with Dame when he asked
For ol boy (can’t remember his name ) for his two million dollars back last time I checked broke fall off don’t invest 2 million into anything and make profit from it
It’s like his history in this culture just went away because he’s speaking out on their favorite even though he knows Jay way better than we do

I digress though it’s a pattern though Dame
Members of Rockafella
Def Jam artist (when Jay was president )
All kinda say the same thing
All these dudes ain’t lying man :lol::lol:

At this point the internet will call Beyoncé a hater
If she spoke out against Jay

Hol' up, whole time did anyone watch the actual presser or just clips?

9:00 mark (and many other examples throughout)...

"Never answer the question that is asked of you. Answer the question that you wish had been asked of you."
- Robert McNamara

Hol' up, whole time did anyone watch the actual presser or just clips?

The whole presser?

People don't watch the whole anything before having an opinion anymore.:lol:

I didn't know if there was a full presser when it dropped, and I didn't check when everyone got so wrapped up in the story. I'll check this out tonight, though.

In the comments, they said Jay got them doing the Brooklyn Backpedal.

Ebro was going hard at JD calling him a sucker and a sell out. But nothing to say about JayZ.

LMAO them comments are worth the read damn they going in :rofl:

Reactions: wr
Back
Top Bottom