Coastal East Coast NTers looking for work and/or better pay....

depending on the severity of this hurricane there's a great possibility FEMA will be hiring what they call 'local hires' in your area after the storm.

even though its just a cat 1, the upper east coast isnt that used to getting storms like these so the potential for more damage than usual is great.

they usually do the hiring for these positions through local 'man power' or temp sevice type agencies. if the damage is extensive and the need for FEMA assitance is projected to last more than a year, the usually convert these temporary positions over to full federal positions, but without 'federal status'.

anyone interested, it would be wise to do your research on local temp agencies and compile a list of points of contacts along the coastline.

stay safe NT.

and good luck to those looking for work.

Not sure about long term gigs but if your looking for some quick bread. I work for a utility company and during storms like these we bring temps in to do safety standby jobs. You and a partner travel to a site in your personal car and make sure an unsafe area let's say a down power line or flipped transformer and wait till the problem is fixed or another crew relieves you normally 12 to 16 hour shifts

Do you think temp. work for a month would be available? I would love to come to the east coast and make a little money for xmas break.

If anyone has any additional information I'd appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom