Classic NBA pictures

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Some of these pictures being posted are hardly "classic" or different from the norm.
laugh.gif

(And that's not a direct shot at anyone).

and then you proceed to go and do the exact same thing with your pics
laugh.gif
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

Some of these pictures being posted are hardly "classic" or different from the norm.
laugh.gif

(And that's not a direct shot at anyone).

and then you proceed to go and do the exact same thing with your pics
laugh.gif
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!
roll.gif
A Clippers pic with Q-Rich, Darius, Maggette, and Odom isn't "classic"?
laugh.gif

Besides, if you check throughout the thread, I think I more than hold my own.
smile.gif

Maybe this batch will make you guys happy...
grin.gif

21csdpf.jpg

33242z9.jpg

1tvck0.jpg

2py1aat.jpg

2s7xbud.jpg

Theme: Dream Teams

k6kub.jpg

-
nerd.gif
its rare to catch money without a pair of jordans on around thistime. Jordan has on Barkley's but what does Barkley have on?

-
laugh.gif
matter of fact after closer examination it looks like Barkley hason Raptor 7's. them fools switched shoes for the picture
roll.gif
i thoughtit was odd that Barkley had his foot on Malones knee, now i see he wanted to show off that he had on Jordans.....
Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by parada45

EAGLE 0N wrote:

SHUGES wrote:

2s7xbud.jpg
This one is tough.
pimp.gif
Someone school me

It's how Muslims pray..

39214314.jpg

- i think he was looking for a explanation to why thats a deep picture....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Abdul-Rauf
National anthem controversy
Abdul-Rauf is perhaps best known for the controversy created when he refused to stand for "The Star-Spangled Banner" before games[sup][2][/sup], stating that the flag was a "symbol of oppression" and that the United States had a long "history of tyranny". He said that standing to the national anthem would therefore conflict with his Islamic beliefs. On March 12, 1996, the NBA suspended Abdul-Rauf for his refusal to stand, but the suspension lasted only one game. Two days later, the league was able to work out a compromise with him, whereby he would stand during the playing of the national anthem but could close his eyes and look downward. He usually silently recited a Muslim prayer during this time.

In an apparent publicity stunt gone wrong linked to this controversy, four employees of Denver's KBPI were charged with misdemeanor offenses related to entering a Colorado mosque and playing "The Star-Spangled Banner" on a bugle and trumpet, in a provocative response to Abdul-Rauf's refusal to stand for the national anthem.[sup][3] [/sup]

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf aka Chris Jackson was a nice player. His jump shot was automatic, and he was a dominant college player.

That controversy in 1996 was comedy. All the critics and bible thumpers were like "Gee, he spends American money".

By the way, if you want to learn about that Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf incident and Mahmoud in general, I highly recommend that you watch this documentary "In MyOwn Words". I can't embed videos from the site, nor can I post a direct link, but basically you go to this site and type "MahmoudAbdul-Rauf" in the search engine and four parts of the documentary should come:

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us

mar344.png

Yeah seasoned... that's why I love that pic. It's unique cuz of the shoes and cuz there was no Bird either.
laugh.gif

Mike was definitely rocking these Barkleys in the Olympic pic:

4ku04i.jpg

And I definitely remember the controversy with Rauf.
tired.gif

2usd9hs.jpg

And I definitely remember the controversy with Rauf.
tired.gif

2usd9hs.jpg

- yeah, Chris lives here ill probably run into him one day. depending on what he has on his feet ill ask him to take a pic for NT.

- i work with a few folks that know him personally. i asked this older cat about the house he had that burned down. and he said Chris picked the highest hillin the most racist neighborhood he could and built that house, he said that house was no where near his hometown, it was way in the sticks where the klan isknown to be....he knew what he was doing....

Yeah seasoned... that would be cool (pix of kix). Let dude know that he still has people who appreciate his game and the fact that he stood for something.

By the way, besides McDyess, can anyone name any of the other dudes in that pic?!?!? I think the light-skin cat isBryant Stith. The others I have NO clue.

Theme: Boys to Men, Players To Coaches

2jdgtu8.jpg

2qdwqqa.jpg

977ig7.jpg

2e0r38m.jpg

257f1ox.jpg

33x7p5u.jpg

sdo6z6.jpg

2n8scxf.jpg

mwealt.jpg

4jrf6b.png

2mxefxj.jpg