Cigarette Smokers: How and Why?

although i didnt read any of the replies in here, and my personal story isn't important, i will say i used to smoke two packs a day
ohwell.gif

for those actually interested in quitting, not just talking about it, this book will change your life--
20jokls.jpg

like i said two packs a day, my addictive nature is like
eek.gif
. this book= truth.

and if you haven't heard the song 'the skinny' by atmosphere, go listen to it

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

Cigarettes are one of those things people do to seem "cool" cause they see someone doing it and act like they didn't do it to be cool. They are lying. Smoking is such a conscious decision and your body rejects smoking the first time you try to inhale, that's why you get that burn when you first start doing it. There is no reason why a person should start smoking other than because "other people do it", when you start smoking and become addicted.....then it's a different story

Smoking is such a sheep activity

-The Juice
i started smoking when i was %$*#@* up. my friend said it would get me on a better level, so i tried it and it did. even though i coughed the first time trying to inhale it, i felt a little rush. i dont see why people think you only smoke cause its "cool". i smoke when im really stressed, nicotine is a chemical that helps with that. they dont just put pencil shavings in cigs
indifferent.gif

i was on probation for a bit and couldn't burn trees so i started to smoke newports, i was smokin em fairly often but since i've been able to smoke trees again i haven't even bought a pack. i'll still bum a cig off someone once in a blue moon though.

i was on probation for a bit and couldn't burn trees so i started to smoke newports, i was smokin em fairly often but since i've been able to smoke trees again i haven't even bought a pack. i'll still bum a cig off someone once in a blue moon though.

I smoked for maybe a month my seinor year. Made me lightheaded which was
pimp.gif
. Quit after I realized how stupid it was, I smoke green daily but I use a bong ALWAYS. Inhailing a dried up plant weather cigs or weed is bad for your health.

I smoked for maybe a month my seinor year. Made me lightheaded which was
pimp.gif
. Quit after I realized how stupid it was, I smoke green daily but I use a bong ALWAYS. Inhailing a dried up plant weather cigs or weed is bad for your health.

Originally Posted by TheRaygunZ

Cigarettes are one of those things people do to seem "cool" [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]cause they see someone doing it[/color] and act like they didn't do it to be cool. They are lying. Smoking is such a conscious decision and your body rejects smoking the first time you try to inhale, that's why you get that burn when you first start doing it. There is no reason why a person should start smoking other than because "other people do it", when you start smoking and become addicted.....then it's a different story

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Smoking is such a sheep activity [/color]

-The Juice
I had a newport when I was 12 from my cousin.  When I was 13 my friend came up on an entire pack of newports and we smoked the entire pack in one day.  I swore off cigarettes when I was 14 and my mom got breast cancer but once I was 16 and a jr in highschool I started buying packs here and there, bumming loosies and such and before I knew it I was addicted.  Not once did I ever "try to be cool".  When I was younger, in my school, cigarettes weren't cool at all. 
you cereal?

C'mon son

-The Juice

Originally Posted by TheRaygunZ

Cigarettes are one of those things people do to seem "cool" [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]cause they see someone doing it[/color] and act like they didn't do it to be cool. They are lying. Smoking is such a conscious decision and your body rejects smoking the first time you try to inhale, that's why you get that burn when you first start doing it. There is no reason why a person should start smoking other than because "other people do it", when you start smoking and become addicted.....then it's a different story

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Smoking is such a sheep activity [/color]

-The Juice
I had a newport when I was 12 from my cousin.  When I was 13 my friend came up on an entire pack of newports and we smoked the entire pack in one day.  I swore off cigarettes when I was 14 and my mom got breast cancer but once I was 16 and a jr in highschool I started buying packs here and there, bumming loosies and such and before I knew it I was addicted.  Not once did I ever "try to be cool".  When I was younger, in my school, cigarettes weren't cool at all. 
you cereal?

C'mon son

-The Juice

Been smoking on and off for the past 5 years. 
Pack a week. It relaxes me. If I don't have one I get very cranky.

Driving and smoking go hand in hand for me.

Im about to quit tho. Im starting to see changes in my face. I want to look healthy, and cigs aren't helping.

Been smoking on and off for the past 5 years. 
Pack a week. It relaxes me. If I don't have one I get very cranky.

Driving and smoking go hand in hand for me.

Im about to quit tho. Im starting to see changes in my face. I want to look healthy, and cigs aren't helping.

used to smoke 1 1/2 packs a day
30t6p3b.gif

i worked in a steel mill and you were able to smoke while you worked, i was around nothing but chain smokers. one day i went to light one up and just got disgusted .

aint touch one in 13 years
pimp.gif

used to smoke 1 1/2 packs a day
30t6p3b.gif

i worked in a steel mill and you were able to smoke while you worked, i was around nothing but chain smokers. one day i went to light one up and just got disgusted .

aint touch one in 13 years
pimp.gif

i smoked for 9 years....stopped 2 weeks before my son was born
pimp.gif

When i hang out with my friends, i tried to smoke but couldn't stand the smell of it.

i smoked for 9 years....stopped 2 weeks before my son was born
pimp.gif

When i hang out with my friends, i tried to smoke but couldn't stand the smell of it.

Originally Posted by xanadu one

quit smoking cigarettes 2 years ago today.
congratulations!

i've battled with it for several years now.  Started smoking when I was 15.  I'll be 31 this year.  I like to say that I don't really smoke, but my dentist's description is probably more accurate.  I'm the bum that doesn't buy packs and just mooches off friends.  I'll go days sometimes days without smoking.  I only really smoke when I'm around my friends that do (since I have access to mooching stoges).  Usually I'll smoke with my boys, cause we are drinking and cigs + booze go hand in hand, and then its maybe 1-3 cigs a night.  The times when I will actually have a pack on me and smoke more regularly is when I'm in Vegas (cause I'm drinking from the minute I wake up) or when I'm golfing.

One thing I dont understand is people who smoke trees but dont smoke cigs.  That first cig after a bowl/blunt/jay/whatever just elevates the high to the next level.

I need to cut it out completely sooner than later.  The wife and I will probably be trying for kids in the near future and I dont want to be bringing a child into this world and have them be subjected to my 2nd hand smoke.

Originally Posted by xanadu one

quit smoking cigarettes 2 years ago today.
congratulations!

i've battled with it for several years now.  Started smoking when I was 15.  I'll be 31 this year.  I like to say that I don't really smoke, but my dentist's description is probably more accurate.  I'm the bum that doesn't buy packs and just mooches off friends.  I'll go days sometimes days without smoking.  I only really smoke when I'm around my friends that do (since I have access to mooching stoges).  Usually I'll smoke with my boys, cause we are drinking and cigs + booze go hand in hand, and then its maybe 1-3 cigs a night.  The times when I will actually have a pack on me and smoke more regularly is when I'm in Vegas (cause I'm drinking from the minute I wake up) or when I'm golfing.

One thing I dont understand is people who smoke trees but dont smoke cigs.  That first cig after a bowl/blunt/jay/whatever just elevates the high to the next level.

I need to cut it out completely sooner than later.  The wife and I will probably be trying for kids in the near future and I dont want to be bringing a child into this world and have them be subjected to my 2nd hand smoke.

I started off smoking green in 11th and HATED cigs and black smoke so I told myself I would never go to them. But by time I got down here(college) I smoked a black with my boys as a way to just chill outside and chop it up. It would be about 3 of us to a black
laugh.gif
but now I smoke about a black a day because of the stresses of classes, personal life, etc. Its more so a stress reliever to me. I dont smoke when I go home though. Its just peaceful as hell to sit outside and smoke and look off into the distance. People told me I should switch to cigs because they aren't AS bad as blacks but I cant stand the smell of cigarettes or the taste.

I'm a sophomore in college....in the mountains of VA by the way.
30t6p3b.gif
@ me for picking up this bad habit

Back
Top Bottom