Christopher Nolans INTERSTELLAR (Nov 7, 2014) - Run Time = 2hrs 49mins

^ Yup :pimp:. It's assigned seating too so I can always be sure that I'm gettin my preferred 3/4 of the way back, middle of the row seats.

Anne Hathaway

500x1000px-LL-10f2891c_wood_plow.gif

Man I get such a "Contact" vibe from this movie. I think MM's character finds this new planet but is unable to come back. But they were in cryo-sleep for the length if the journey so hr hasn't aged. But for some reason he cant ger back to Earth for his children. The planet dies? I don't know. But somehow before thus occurrence his kids get shot into space and make it to the planet under the cryo sleep. They land. Wake up. MM greets them. I feel like the movie will be thin on plot but will be visually stunning with all the space shots ala Gravity.

Man I get such a "Contact" vibe from this movie. I think MM's character finds this new planet but is unable to come back. But they were in cryo-sleep for the length if the journey so hr hasn't aged. But for some reason he cant ger back to Earth for his children. The planet dies? I don't know. But somehow before thus occurrence his kids get shot into space and make it to the planet under the cryo sleep. They land. Wake up. MM greets them. I feel like the movie will be thin on plot but will be visually stunning with all the space shots ala Gravity.
A Nolan movie being thin on plot?!?!

It's a robot named TARS, that assists the crew on their mission
Ah ok, thanks.

They announced the runtime and it's gonna be 169 minutes or 2 hours 49 mins which makes it Nolans longest film to date. Pretty happy with the news cause I was wondering how they were gonna fit in so much into the movie without a long runtime. Can't wait :smokin

I think this is the first time I'll ever say that I'm happy a movie is 2.5+ hours :lol:.

Some of the TV spots I've seen since yesterday are more intense than the theatrical trailers. Can't wait to pre-order my tickets.

Arclight has tickets on pre-sale now and available in different formats. Might go with 70mm.

A little about the different available formats:

35mm: 35mm film presentations project light through the 35mm frame to deliver clear, high resolution images with rich analog color combined with state-of-the-art digital sound in most locations.

70mm: 70mm film offers a brighter, clearer image, with 3 times the resolution of standard projection formats, using the process of projecting light through celluloid to deliver clear images in rich analog color with state-of-the-art digital sound.

Digital: Digital projection presents a clear, bright, stable image that never degrades in terms of cleanliness or fidelity and uses uncompressed digital sound for a powerful movie-going experience.

Back
Top Bottom