Christopher Nolan to direct WWII drama ‘Dunkirk’ (1st trailer is up)

Will be seeing this in IMAX just because it's Nolan x Zimmer.

But I'm not sold on it. Not a huge fan of war movies.

Last edited:
saw rogue one tonight. totally forgot about this movie...that was more than a trailer it was a prologue.

can't wait :pimp:

Easy Pass, can't even really says it looks wack or stupid. It looks like it'll be a great film and the cinematography looks amazing and Hans sounding like he composed that just for a trailer, damn good. I just don't find it interesting or myself getting invested in any of the characters, I don't think I'll be able to connect with it and I'll need that to like it. I think that's one thing I'd knock the trailer for. It'd be nice to see a rundown of the plot(or one of the obviously many storylines in this one) Doesn't have to give the movie away, but at least set it up.
Want Nolan to direct a cop or heist movie. Between TDK, Insomnia, and The Prestige, it'd be nice to see a dope Cop drama unfold or a heist movie done by him. The dialogue would be top notch and the story would be one of the all time greats.

There's always one piece of work from the people I love, that I just won't watch, for Nolan, I think it is this.

I mean its a movie based on real life hell you already know the ending just by looking at a wikipedia page how much plot breakdown you need?

Easy Pass, can't even really says it looks wack or stupid. It looks like it'll be a great film and the cinematography looks amazing and Hans sounding like he composed that just for a trailer, damn good. I just don't find it interesting or myself getting invested in any of the characters, I don't think I'll be able to connect with it and I'll need that to like it. I think that's one thing I'd knock the trailer for. It'd be nice to see a rundown of the plot(or one of the obviously many storylines in this one) Doesn't have to give the movie away, but at least set it up.
Want Nolan to direct a cop or heist movie. Between TDK, Insomnia, and The Prestige, it'd be nice to see a dope Cop drama unfold or a heist movie done by him. The dialogue would be top notch and the story would be one of the all time greats.

There's always one piece of work from the people I love, that I just won't watch, for Nolan, I think it is this.

Kind of hard to judge without giving it a chance

I mean its a movie based on real life hell you already know the ending just by looking at a wikipedia page how much plot breakdown you need?

I'm assuming this is kinda like Saving Private Ryan or Titanic, fictional storylines/plot set to a real life event backdrop. I'm not necessarily looking for the plot of the real life war, I want some more background on the characters in the actual movie.

The plot isn't the war, it's whats happening to the people during the war....what I was shown so far has not in anyway made me want to rush out to see this. Just my opinion, some people don't necessarily need that, I do, some genres it takes A LOT for me to want to watch it, and this genre is one of them, just because I feel they are redundant

Kind of hard to judge without giving it a chance

You mean watching the trailers and actually following the movie up to this point isn't giving it a chance :lol:
you mean even though I have no interest, it has to be a Day 1 watch for me :lol:

I LOVE how i said the movie looks great, shot great etc. didn't even diss it, literally said it wasn't for me

Right now the film is a wait and see what everyone else thinks, something I may catch at home, but is def not a must see

Last edited:
I'm gonna see this in theatres just off the strength of everything Nolan has done thus far. But I'm going in with low expectations. WW2 movies just aren't my thing. That trailer was pretty good though.

Last edited:
That 70mm tho. 
pimp.gif

I saw Interstellar in IMAX 70mm at the Franklin Institute in Philly and it was amazing. But it was the most uncomfortable movie experience ever :lol:. The theatre is designed for like short science documentaries so sitting in those seats for 3 hours was a chore. I might have to go a little further out for Dunkirk.

I saw Interstellar in IMAX 70mm at the Franklin Institute in Philly and it was amazing. But it was the most uncomfortable movie experience ever :lol:. The theatre is designed for like short science documentaries so sitting in those seats for 3 hours was a chore. I might have to go a little further out for Dunkirk.

I'm so mad I missed this in theatres..seen Inception tho [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

I'm so mad I missed this in theatres..seen Inception tho [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]
I saw Inception at some rinky dink theatre when I was in college :lol:. Still one of (if not #1) my favorite movies ever though.

Last edited:
Any other Nolan fan extremely skeptical about this film?
Im still gonna watch of course but man im not gonna lie the trailer has the movie looking BORING AF. :smh:

Any other Nolan fan extremely skeptical about this film?
Im still gonna watch of course but man im not gonna lie the trailer has the movie looking BORING AF. :smh:

right here, I'm not watching unless the reviews on here are great. Will watch the home release.
Just doesn't look appealing to me from a director I love and check daily for any details on his latest films. Looks like this is his BFG or War Horse

Back
Top Bottom