Christmas/Holiday Traditions

ghenges

Supporter
What are your "musts" for the December holiday season?

Christmas Day Foods:
Curry duck (I'm West Indian, if that matters).
Ham
Martinelli's Sparking Apple Cider
Mixed Nuts
Eggnog

Movies/TV:
A Christmas Story
A Christmas Carol (1984 version)
The Polar Express
NBA Basketball on Christmas Day
Disney Christmas parade on ABC

Decorations:
Tree (fake)

When TBS starts airing A Christmas Story, I start watching, and leave it on practically all Christmas day. Whether we have Christmas at my house or a relative, I make a point to have it on playing in the background :lol: .

Christmas Dinner
Ham
Rum punch
some kind of mac and cheese or baked ziti (pasta and cheese what ever mix is cool)

and basketball other than that everything is whatever

Well we've been drying our mushrooms in the socks, you guys call me them stockings, and they will be ready tomorrow for the winter solstice ritual.

The shaman should be coming by tonight to drop off more. We're snowed in though so he is going to have to go through the chimney.

Gonna be tripping balls around the fire while we sit Indian style watching Orion's Belt ascend to the heavens.

Last edited:
Church, obv.
Food: Pernil, coquito, pitorro, rice & beans
TV: Christmas Story, and NBA

and lots of family time.

That pernil though. :smokin Can't wait. With the potato salad on the side, your moro and pastelitos. My Spanish heads know how the women in the family get down in the kitchen.

Well we've been drying our mushrooms in the socks, you guys call me them stockings, and they will be ready tomorrow for the winter solstice ritual.

The shaman should be coming by tonight to drop off more. We're snowed in though so he is going to have to go through the chimney.

Gonna be tripping balls around the fire while we sit Indian style watching Orion's Belt ascend to the heavens.

0] 8)

Sorrel for my West Indian folks. 
pimp.gif

Chinese take out Christmas Eve from our favorite spot, brunch at my mother in-laws Christmas morning (she can cook too), & Christmas dinner at my wife's aunt's house (she's an even better cook).

Watched Elf, A Charlie Brown Christmas, & A Christmas Story. Will watch Trading Places tonight while I wrap the rest of the gifts...

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, & Happy New Year everyone. Hoping everyone has a great 2014.

-spend time with fam & friends
-NBA
-lots of christmas music
-movies:

home alone 1 & 2
elf
eight crazy nights
die hard
the santa clause
fred claus
& the hey arnold christmas ep

the music & movies get played the day after thanksgiving :lol: :smokin

Gifts for the little kids in the fam

Cards and Cognac for the adults

Dinner for everybody

:pimp:

Last edited:
Forgot to add the essential.... Merry Christmas and/or happy holidays to everybody, especially the NT fam, here's to another year :nthat:

depends on where I am.
when i'm here usually wake up. go to church. breakfast, and gifts. watch ball/movies. usually get together in the afternoon with my bro and :smokinsmoking a few j's .diner usually turkey and or prime rib,green bean casserole,yams, potatoes, etc etc. usually cheese/dips

movies

a christmas story
schrooged
national lampoons christmas vacation
trains planes and automobiles
die hard 2
old war movies
it's a wonderful life
home alone

when i've celebrated in the uk with my fan there

wake up

huge Christmas breakfasts/brunch
big dinner (christmas eve)
gifts

day after is like black friday so go out for big sales.

Last edited:
Ah yes.. black cake or fruit cake or rum cake.. depending where in the W.I. you come from..

I'm hoping aunty Wilma comes through this year
pimp.gif
Black Cake 
eek.gif

My man you sure we not cousins b 

This joint BANGS. I like mines cold though

Dont get me started curry ANYTHING, fried plantains, raisin rolls. sorrel , ginger beer , mauby, malt or malta, ponche crema  goat water, souse, black pudding, rotti 

Yah got me hype im lifted right now 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Shoulda copped a case of ting 

Have a great holiday bros