Chris Paul's Down Year Appreciation Thread.

He'll never be the same again. No explosion, considerably less quickness, doesn't get in the paint anymore.

He gets by on reputation.

He fades into obscurity late in games.

The Hornets will have the worst record in the league. Darren Collison will post better numbers than him.

MVP consideration? LOL.

27-16 record (6th in the West) (Marco Belinelli starts, Trevor Ariza starts and Jason Smith logs heavy minutes)

16.3 points (playing two and a half less minutes per game and taking three less shots per game)
4.1 rebounds
9.7 assists (3rd in the league)
2.3 turnovers
2.7 steals (1st)
48.3% from the field
46.3% from three (5th)
90.4% from the line (6th)
25.5 player efficiency rating (2nd)
60.7 true shooting percentage (12th)
124.5 offensive rating (2nd)
99.3 defensive rating (11th)
5.7 offensive win shares (2nd)
3.0 defensive win shares (2nd)
8.6 win shares (1st)

frown.gif

He'll never be the same again. No explosion, considerably less quickness, doesn't get in the paint anymore.

He gets by on reputation.

He fades into obscurity late in games.

The Hornets will have the worst record in the league. Darren Collison will post better numbers than him.

MVP consideration? LOL.

27-16 record (6th in the West) (Marco Belinelli starts, Trevor Ariza starts and Jason Smith logs heavy minutes)

16.3 points (playing two and a half less minutes per game and taking three less shots per game)
4.1 rebounds
9.7 assists (3rd in the league)
2.3 turnovers
2.7 steals (1st)
48.3% from the field
46.3% from three (5th)
90.4% from the line (6th)
25.5 player efficiency rating (2nd)
60.7 true shooting percentage (12th)
124.5 offensive rating (2nd)
99.3 defensive rating (11th)
5.7 offensive win shares (2nd)
3.0 defensive win shares (2nd)
8.6 win shares (1st)

frown.gif

I knew this was coming.

I've been meaning to pitch this to you BTW. With West coming up on FA and NO won't be able to pay him anything near what he'll ask for, why not package him with Thornton for a player to shoulder a little more of the load w/CP3?

He's still #1 to me *shrugs*

I knew this was coming.

I've been meaning to pitch this to you BTW. With West coming up on FA and NO won't be able to pay him anything near what he'll ask for, why not package him with Thornton for a player to shoulder a little more of the load w/CP3?

He's still #1 to me *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom