chef asking for a better tip?

bhergh

Banned
Has any1 ever experienced a chef asking for a better tip? Food was okay.. service was barely okay... this is a japanese restaurant in nyc.... also my theory is he asked bccuz america is a generous tipping country so asians think that a good tip is always warranted? $3 tip for $40ish dollar meal..

Naw I've never experienced tht but if I did I'd probably give it to him/her js for having the huevos to ask .

America a generous tipping country? Have you been in some of the tipping threads that were on NT a few months back? :lol:

I probably would've tipped $5-7 on a $40 meal though

dude really just said america is generous for tipping :lol: :wow: where do they do that at?

my minimum is 15% for standard/okay service. Excellent service gets more than that from me. You basically tipped the dude 7.5% on a $40 meal.

You don't tip in most places in Japan though. When I went there no one would take it. They take it as a sign that they aren't doing their jobs good enough. (At least that's what I was told)

One time the chef took away my soup because I asked for bread. He said, ''no soup for you!"

If you can't afford to leave a decent tip then you should just go to Wendy's.

$3 tip for a $40 meal? C'mon son.

When im at a restaurant and i see that service sucks i always look at my surrounding.
-How many servers are there?
-Is the place busy? Mediocre? Or dead as hell?
-Was the food good? sucked?
-Did the waiter/waitress apologize for the service?
(some others but this is the basic and cant really think of anymore)

I work in the restaurant business and i know that it gets busy sometimes you cant really serve EVERYONE at the same time. Sometimes people call off and then the rest of the servers are stuck doing other peoples tables and ****. It gets hectic and nothing you can do about it. Sometimes its the bosses fault and they couldnt put anyone on the schedule or they are a cheap mother** and dont wanna put more people on the clock.

You tipped 7.5% at a restaurant? That's probably why they expect a better tip. I don't think it has anything to do with your generalization about Asians. 

Last edited:
I didn't leave a tip for the first time in god knows how long last night when I went to eat with a fellow niketalker. Crappy service, unnecessary wait time for drink refills and for them to swipe my card when paying = hell no I'm not leaving a tip.

You tipped 7.5% at a restaurant? That's probably why they expect a better tip. I don't think it has anything to do with your generalization about Asians.
Yes Shame on you op generalizing Asians. That's not allowed on NT and you could be banned for it.

Now commence with the generalizations about black people....

This dude really said he tipped 3 dollars :lol: he was probably just confused. I'm sure he's had people not tip, but to tip that little just seems like a mstake on your behalf, like you didn't realize those were all ones or something lol

$3 tip for a $40 meal
roll.gif
not even, he said 40ish
roll.gif

Shouldve put this in the tan thread.... so wats the rules of how old of a post we can bring back before its grave digging. ? Meal for 2 is usually 40ish right? Idk just heard this from someone I know and yes if u want to say its me then I guesss it makes me from korea and I wad with my mom ... but I guess why does america tip compared to other some countries? Datznasty please comeand give us ur thoughts

Back
Top Bottom