Charlie Ward appreciation post Vol. The Football QB, the baseball pitcher and the knicks pg

Ward won the 1993 Heisman Trophy and Davey O'Brien Award as a quarterback for Florida State University, and subsequently led the Seminoles to their first-ever National Championship when FSU defeated Nebraska 18-16 in the 1993 Orange Bowl. The Seminoles had suffered their only defeat of the season to a second-ranked Notre Dame team, but their path to the National Championship was cleared a week later when the Irish were upset at home by Boston College. Ward holds the second-largest margin of victory in the history of Heisman trophy balloting, with a 1,622 point difference, second only to O.J. Simpson's 1,750 point win in 1968.[sup][2][/sup] He was also the only Heisman winner to play in the NBA. In 1993, Charlie Ward won the James E. Sullivan Award from the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) as the most outstanding amateur athlete in the United States. He was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 2006.
Though Ward did not play baseball in college, he was drafted as a pitcher by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 1993 free agent draft and by the New York Yankees in 1994

i mean- wouldn't he have had a decent football career?
nerd.gif
he'sappreciated as knicks point guard tho
pimp.gif
...didn't know he was draftedby the Yankees
eek.gif
laugh.gif

289286.jpg

I would have liked to see him play football...but you know how scouts are!

If you not 6-2ft or taller its no way you can be a legit starting QB in the league according to most scouts

thats the only knock on short QB's and why you dont see to many go to the league
smh.gif

Are we gonna get a Rusty Larue Appreciation thread? He actually played baseball in the ACC....

tongue.gif

Charlie was the man....one of the BEST college QB's I had ever seen....I wonder what would have become of him had he played in the NFL???

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Ward won the 1993 Heisman Trophy and Davey O'Brien Award as a quarterback for Florida State University, and subsequently led the Seminoles to their first-ever National Championship when FSU defeated Nebraska 18-16 in the 1993 Orange Bowl. The Seminoles had suffered their only defeat of the season to a second-ranked Notre Dame team, but their path to the National Championship was cleared a week later when the Irish were upset at home by Boston College. Ward holds the second-largest margin of victory in the history of Heisman trophy balloting, with a 1,622 point difference, second only to O.J. Simpson's 1,750 point win in 1968.[sup][2][/sup] He was also the only Heisman winner to play in the NBA. In 1993, Charlie Ward won the James E. Sullivan Award from the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) as the most outstanding amateur athlete in the United States. He was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 2006.
Though Ward did not play baseball in college, he was drafted as a pitcher by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 1993 free agent draft and by the New York Yankees in 1994

i mean- wouldn't he have had a decent football career?
nerd.gif
he's appreciated as knicks point guard tho
pimp.gif
...didn't know he was drafted by the Yankees
eek.gif
laugh.gif

289286.jpg

that's why hes awesome

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

If you not 6-2ft or taller its no way you can be a legit starting QB in the league according to most scouts

thats the only knock on short QB's and why you dont see to many go to the league
smh.gif
you know charlie was like 6'2-6'3 right?

"I don't feel like playing in the MLB, I think I'll take a shot in the NFL Draft because I did just win a Heisman. Damn, I didn't get drafted,I guess I'll just play in the NBA."
laugh.gif
That is what I would call an all around athlete.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

smh.gif
you know charlie was like 6'2-6'3 right?

I always thought he was around 6-0ft 6-1ft I know when they list height they always give players like 1-2inches

Like how Kobe used to be 6-7 and now he is listed at 6-6

Congrats FSU on your two national championships. You guys are great!

Call me when you win five you bums.

Charlie Ward had alot of guts and heart.....always clutch against the Heat, I will always remember Charlie Ward blocking the crap out of Rik Smits (who is7'3" btw) in the 99' Playoffs.

watch at 1:00

Back
Top Bottom