Charles Woodson won AP Defensive player of the year

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
(real talk tho)

Originally Posted by emkay

SMH at all the AP voters and Woodson stans looking at just the numbers and thinking that he deserved it.

Our defense would be good without Revis, but there's no way we'd be #1 in passing defense without him.

How about this, the Packer defense wouldn't be good without Woodson, and we wouldn't even be close to #2 yards allowed. Who would we start? Al Harriscollects holding calls like Pokemon cards, Tramon Williams is a nice young talent, and then there's a talent drop-off like the Grand Canyon. Woodson is aplaymaker, a motivator, and a gamebreaker.

Originally Posted by Megatron187em

Teams were too busy throwing it to their other recievers being "defended" by that trash defense
nnamdi is average

indifferent.gif
have you ever even seen a Raiders game?

Y'all got to realize the Jets have Revis covering more man lock because of the exotic style defense they play as opposed to Green Bay that plays Dom Caperszone blitz scheme where the cornerbacks can see the quarterback eyes.

Its a guy alot harder to get picks when you are playing man lock.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

laugh.gif
Who taught you this?

In the years that Miami had two premier CBs playing man (Madison & Surtain), they had great INT numbers. They were complete shutdown CBs.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
Who taught you this?

In the years that Miami had two premier CBs playing man (Madison & Surtain), they had great INT numbers. They were complete shutdown CBs.

I thought it was obvious he was talking about his experiences from playing Madden.

Chazz may not have been the best corner in the league he was the best defensive player in the league, forced fumbles, big tackles and led the L ininterceptions, if they actually called offensive pass interference the Packers win easy.

Originally Posted by R3ignMan

Chazz may not have been the best corner in the league he was the best defensive player in the league, forced fumbles, big tackles and led the L in interceptions, if they actually called offensive pass interference the Packers win easy.

This is stupid. Show me some plays where there is obvious pass interference. I'll wait.

And if you really want to play the "if" game, how about this. IF Larry Fitzgerald doesnt fumble the ball (a fluke play that was the 1st of the year)and Whisenhunt actually puts a hands team out there to combat an onsides kick, the Cardinals win the game by 30 points.

Dont try to flip it on Woodson and the rest of the Packers DBs. Bottom line is, they got dominated from the start to the finish. And if it wasnt for 2flukey/lucky plays, this game would have been a blowout.

Originally Posted by dland24

Chazz may not have been the best corner in the league he was the best defensive player in the league, forced fumbles, big tackles and led the L in interceptions, if they actually called offensive pass interference the Packers win easy.

This is stupid. Show me some plays where there is obvious pass interference. I'll wait.

And if you really want to play the "if" game, how about this. IF Larry Fitzgerald doesnt fumble the ball (a fluke play that was the 1st of the year) and Whisenhunt actually puts a hands team out there to combat an onsides kick, the Cardinals win the game by 30 points.

Dont try to flip it on Woodson and the rest of the Packers DBs. Bottom line is, they got dominated from the start to the finish. And if it wasnt for 2 flukey/lucky plays, this game would have been a blowout.

woodson was the only one that played defense that game.

Originally Posted by dland24

And if you really want to play the "if" game, how about this. IF Larry Fitzgerald doesnt fumble the ball (a fluke play that was the 1st of the year) and Whisenhunt actually puts a hands team out there to combat an onsides kick, the Cardinals win the game by 30 points.

Dont try to flip it on Woodson and the rest of the Packers DBs. Bottom line is, they got dominated from the start to the finish. And if it wasnt for 2 flukey/lucky plays, this game would have been a blowout.

nevermind...i thought you meant the whole team
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Who taught you this?

All this Mister Friendly semi-gay persona aside seriously whether you believe it or not. I probably know more about the "actual" game of footballthen most people on this board from years of playing and being around programs from college to the professional ranks.

Ask any experienced defensive back( college or professional) and ask them which scheme is easier to get interceptions and turnovers. The majority of them wouldsay zone because they can see the quarterbacks eyes.

laugh.gif
Who taught you this?

All this Mister Friendly semi-gay persona aside seriously whether you believe it or not. I probably know more about the "actual" game of football then most people on this board from years of playing and being around programs from college to the professional ranks.

Ask any experienced defensive back( college or professional) and ask them which scheme is easier to get interceptions and turnovers. The majority of them would say zone because they can see the quarterbacks eyes.
Its not obvious that CBs get more opportunities to make plays in zone schemes?? Ive had to spend about 0 days around "the college to proranks" to know that...

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

still have my #24 silver n black
You ain't the only one
pimp.gif
Can't wait for the day he retires so I can feel comfortable wearing mine again...

Made the poor decision last year getting a White McFadden Authentic...
grin.gif
Not that I paid for it...
wink.gif

JM

laugh.gif
Who taught you this?

All this Mister Friendly semi-gay persona aside seriously whether you believe it or not. I probably know more about the "actual" game of football then most people on this board from years of playing and being around programs from college to the professional ranks.

Ask any experienced defensive back( college or professional) and ask them which scheme is easier to get interceptions and turnovers. The majority of them would say zone because they can see the quarterbacks eyes.
I typed up a long response, but as usual %!%#!^@ Yuku went on a snooze and I lost all of it. Long story short, new NFL rules basically phased outthe bump and run CB, so that = more passing and less aggressive CBs.

Back
Top Bottom