Charles Barkley vol. Always HATING on Kobe (Updated page 4).

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

All chuck does is get him going with those comments. He's been critical of Kobe for 4 or 5 years now.

But Kobe is slowing down, there's not doubt about it
Slowing from 200 mph to 185 mph is still doing 130 over the limit.... relativity is key. If SheBron wasn't speeding into his prime as GO-be was winding into his glory years, would people still be having these opinions about him? 

shaq,and jason kidd were all time greats who were goin into they're prime when MJ was 34-35 and MJ was still better than them

i dont think kobe fans should use the excuse that he's gettin older,since he's supposed to be the GOAT
indifferent.gif

So your really gonna compare j.kidd to jordan at any part of their careers?

Bottom made a great point. There is no doubt Kobe is on the downside of his career but thats an over statement when you consider he is still top 2, or 3 in the league with the other two pushing their prime.

im not comparing jason kidd to jordan

im saying that none of the young bucks in the league could take the crown from mike

he was still hands down the best in the league at ages 33,34,35

whereas kobe got dethroned as the leagues best player at age 30

so just saying ,how can kobe be the GOAT (like alot of kobe fans say) when he was only the best player in the league for like 2-3 years

All chuck does is get him going with those comments. He's been critical of Kobe for 4 or 5 years now.

Slowing from 200 mph to 185 mph is still doing 130 over the limit.... relativity is key. If SheBron wasn't speeding into his prime as GO-be was winding into his glory years, would people still be having these opinions about him? 

shaq,and jason kidd were all time greats who were goin into they're prime when MJ was 34-35 and MJ was still better than them

i dont think kobe fans should use the excuse that he's gettin older,since he's supposed to be the GOAT
indifferent.gif

Bottom made a great point. There is no doubt Kobe is on the downside of his career but thats an over statement when you consider he is still top 2, or 3 in the league with the other two pushing their prime.

im saying that none of the young bucks in the league could take the crown from mike

so just saying ,how can kobe be the GOAT (like alot of kobe fans say) when he was only the best player in the league for like 2-3 years

laugh.gif

Yes yes 2-3 years!
smh.gif

Where have you been the last 6-8 years!

Charles is the exact opposite of Mark Jackson, who I'm still convinced is campaigning to be in Kobe's entourage.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. He's been hating on 24 for a while. Not to elect him to the next 10 greatest players is just flagrant
smh.gif
Raja Bell and Chris Childs both would laugh at Charles in his face for that one.

indifferent.gif

Oh god, this is the most garbage reply i have ever read on here.

Lets say Kobe has lost a step and is now second or third best, him being second or third to LEBRON JAMES OR DWYANE WADE is far greater than being second to J Kidd. Kidd was a beast, but Lebron reaching his prime compared to Kidd is laughable.

Mike did't have a 'young buck' like Bron,Wade, Melo, or Durant pulling his cape.

and Shaq was in his 6th year when MJ retired so he was still reaching his prime.

indifferent.gif

Kobe has much more mileage on his legs than those guys. He came in the league when most guys were in college. He's playing 82 games + preseason + playoffs for at least two years when guys are in college playing 35 games max. There's only so much one's body can take and he's showing the wear and tear earlier. Same with Garnett. Wait for LeBron, Amare, etc. It will happen with them too.

indifferent.gif

Wait, why so many assumptions and irrelevant comparisons? When did I say Kobe was GOAT? I don't even get that random analogy you threw together. Musta been some quick fix response. You must be a Lebron fan, right? Well relax.. I'm not slighting your guy. Be cool
laugh.gif
..  Besides, I'm too vocal to need your help filling my mouth with words... but thanks. But yeah, the fact of the matter is there hasn't been an ALL TIME GREAT that's had another prophesied future-ALL TIME GREAT playing at the same time in peak form in a LONG time, if at all. That, and that alone, is what makes Kobe seem "slower". Kobe's the old great and Bron's the new one. Ya'll know how quickly they build bandwagons these days. Henry Ford made that assembly line, and well...
grin.gif
. Oh wait, I lied. The OTHER reason Kobe "slowed down" is because he doesn't have to do nearly as much as fellow superstars to have a wining record. Lebron has to turn that Wine and Gold into water every night. He has to. Kobe learned in 04 there were other ways to win. He's every bit as much of a play maker as Lebron, but they don't count hockey assists in the NBA. Kobe has 2 all star bigs to share shots with (I count Bynum
grin.gif
). Lebron has knockdown shooters that let him drive/kick. That's a 3 assist difference over the course of the game. Lebron being bigger and stronger and playing a front court position has nothing to do with his proficiency for rebounding though... nope.. nothing at all..  right. And the point spread is neglegable IMO. It's about how many ppg generate wins, ask T-mac. Kobe had his 35 a night season and proved his point, but ain't win $#*%. Go figure.

Don't let stats fool you. The MVP of the League knows who's the MVP of the planet.

Barkley doesn't like Kobe because Kobe's already won a title. He's not going to root for a guy who'se got 4 more rings than he does, it's so obvious.

Don't you guys remember when Kobe cursed Charles out after the Suns series a few years back? Then they brought him on the show.

Most of the stuff he says is a joke, he used to like Kobe, until he joined on the Lebron wagon. One day he's not goin to like Lebron either.

But yea, like some of you said, 4th game in a row with 30+, yet his days of 30+ are older.

Even dudes on NT saying he's declined, he's injured only because he's old etc, wow I'd hate to think what he's going to do next season when he's all healed up

Kobe's not even close to being done and as long as you got idiots like Barkley talking trash, he's going to shut the critics up

Charles is such an overated analyst its funny.

All he does is say different variations of '' speed up the tempo''.

cant do a multi quote but...

mike didnt have younger players pulling on his cape??

he out scored shaq on the last day of the regular season just to get the scoring title in 1998.

shaq was already a beast by 1998 check your facts.

kidd,penny in his prime,gary payton in his prime,grant hill in his prime,garnett already an all star,webber was up and coming

and no kobe was not the best blayer every year this past decade

shaq was 00 and 01

duncan was 02 and 03

garnett was 04

kobe was 05 06 07

lebron was 08 09 10

and there were certainly years early in the decade when tmac and iverson had better years than kobe.

indifferent.gif

Wait, why so many assumptions and irrelevant comparisons? When did I say Kobe was GOAT? I don't even get that random analogy you threw together. Musta been some quick fix response. You must be a Lebron fan, right? Well relax.. I'm not slighting your guy. Be cool
laugh.gif
..  Besides, I'm too vocal to need your help filling my mouth with words... but thanks. But yeah, the fact of the matter is there hasn't been an ALL TIME GREAT that's had another prophesied future-ALL TIME GREAT playing at the same time in peak form in a LONG time, if at all. That, and that alone, is what makes Kobe seem "slower". Kobe's the old great and Bron's the new one. Ya'll know how quickly they build bandwagons these days. Henry Ford made that assembly line, and well...
grin.gif
. Oh wait, I lied. The OTHER reason Kobe "slowed down" is because he doesn't have to do nearly as much as fellow superstars to have a wining record. Lebron has to turn that Wine and Gold into water every night. He has to. Kobe learned in 04 there were other ways to win. He's every bit as much of a play maker as Lebron, but they don't count hockey assists in the NBA. Kobe has 2 all star bigs to share shots with (I count Bynum
grin.gif
). Lebron has knockdown shooters that let him drive/kick. That's a 3 assist difference over the course of the game. Lebron being bigger and stronger and playing a front court position has nothing to do with his proficiency for rebounding though... nope.. nothing at all..  right. And the point spread is neglegable IMO. It's about how many ppg generate wins, ask T-mac. Kobe had his 35 a night season and proved his point, but ain't win $#*%. Go figure.

Don't let stats fool you. The MVP of the League knows who's the MVP of the planet.

i wasnt actually goin at you

just kobe stans in general (not saying you're a kobe stan)

i was just using what u said

51and3rd wrote:

BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE wrote:

BOTTOM74BOTTOM wrote:

anygivensunday wrote:

indifferent.gif

That's a pretty ******ed argument.

and no kobe was not the best blayer every year this past decade

shaq was 00 and 01

duncan was 02 and 03

garnett was 04

kobe was 05 06 07

lebron was 08 09 10

and there were certainly years early in the decade when tmac and iverson had better years than kobe.

Kobe's run as the best individual player started in 2001, even Shaq himself said it during that playoff run.

can we all agree that all this "best player" talk is really subjective and irrelevant?

who decides what factors are most important?
how do we adjust for significant age differences ala KB and lbj?

being regarded as the best player in the L has NO EFFECT on what happens out on the floor.

agree??

The point is Charles hates Kobe.... All the Kobe haters coming into this thread, unappreciated.

Charles has had beef with KB since the 7 game Suns VS Lakers series for those who don't remember.

I can't think of any other reason though. Not sure besides the titles, why Charles doesn't even acknowledge him.

DWill just got done with his press conference tonight after getting swept and was saying "Kobe man, people like Chuck make him mad by calling him old & done saying he can't score 30 points anymore" .

This fool just said that Kobe's points did not help the Lakers win against the Jazz. Like, he just took it one step further.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

DWill just got done with his press conference tonight after getting swept and was saying "Kobe man, people like Chuck make him mad by calling him old & done saying he can't score 30 points anymore" .
He made himself look like a complete idiot. CWebb, EJ, and Kenny were just laughing at him
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by JRodski

barkleys been on the james bandwagon for quite sometime now, not surprised.

What I came in here to say....
this.

dude's been on lebron's !!$% for a while now. oh, and he was the one that said celtics won't be a problem for lebron. i mean cavs.
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom