CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MATCHDAY 5 LET'S GET IT

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Chelsea up 1-0 after Drogs converts the rebound.

Real Madrid down 0-1 after a cross finds Markus Rosenberg. Hate when Real Madrid plays in Germany lol.

Edit: Goal Robinho. Perfect placement.

Robinho has been on fire in recent weeks. That bit of skill against Equador was one of the sexiest things I've ever seen.

Didier brace 20 minutes in.
pimp.gif

Robinho has been on fire in recent weeks. That bit of skill against Equador was one of the sexiest things I've ever seen.
Indeed. Hes been playing like a Balon d'Or candidate ever since the Brasilian party controversy (following that match vs Ecuador.)

where are all the arsenal fans at?
Right here
pimp.gif

Yes we lost, so? It was our first loss of the season, in all competitons. United lost just this week, and you got knocked out of the carling cup by coventrycity(yes you played your B squad and the carling cup is dumb and doesn't really matter, but we won with our B squad against a Premier League team)

Droba's second was a great finish, but the credit deserves to go to SWP who fought and won the ball, and then distributed it wonderfully.

god damn it. 1-3. Casillas made an error there.

Earlier, Ruud missed a sitter.

Once more.. Hate it when they play in Germany.

Edit: 2-3 Bremen. Ruud van Nistelrooy with an awesome curl.

i love how all the arsenal fans believe that because they are on good form as of late november and 3 pts ahead in first place that they are going to win thetreble or something. its cute.

^ Hope so. I'd rather a team with promise go through tan a crappy team you just know we'll be knocked out by a giant.

Great win by Besiktas over Marseille today. If they are somehow able to beat Porto on the road, they are in. Who would've thunk it?

The dude in my avatar was the only one that had a good game for real. Bremen deserved the W. Raul was a ghost, Guti had an off night, Ruud was offside thewhole game and was off with his passing, although he exploited the keepers poor positioning well in his goal. Higuain didn't do much as a sub either. Toomany damn injuries at the back (i think cannavaro was injured)

yup. Robinho was the only player with a good performance. My complaints/criticism:

Ruud van Nistelrooy is my favorite player on the team. However, it was clear this was a bad performance on his part. His goal was real good but thats about it.He missed a sitter which he never misses. Youre right about the offsides.. He looked like Pippo Inzaghi out there.. With all this said. Its Ruud. He'llbounce back.

Sergio Ramos, and Marcelo were too offensive minded.. They would be caught off gaurd during the counter attacks thus stretching the defense.

Diarra doesnt appear to be in form. Hes been this way since Ramadan in which he had to fast. Gago was decent in the first half. He was bad in the 2nd.Obviously I dont expect a Zidane pass from Diarra, or any technical display but his workrate is down. His workrate from last season (2nd Half) was impeccable.He needs either rest, or a reality check.

The centrebacks.. we need Cannavaro back. Hes a leader. He can orchestrate a back line. His experience comes in handy. Part of is that our defensive back 4hasnt developed the chemistry it should. Due to injury, fatigue, rotation, etc. We've seen CB partnerships such as Canna//Metz, Canna/Heinze, Canna/Ramos,Ramos/Metz, etc.. There was obvious trouble in communication between Pepe and Casillas.

Guti had a few good passes but he was terrible for most of the game. We know how inconsistent he is but wow.. its frustrating. It should be noted that histurnover led to the first goal.

Raul had a nice lil 10 minute period in the first half but he was a ghost for the other 80 minutes.

Why did Schuster sub out Robinho? The target result (a draw) was in reach. He took out the best player on the field. Replaced him with Arjen Robben who isntmatch fit yet. Also, Julio Baptista deserves playing time.

/end criticism.

Real Madrid have a terrible record historically on German soil. We can still win the Group with a win at the Bernabeu vs. Lazio. Bad performance today, hopethey learn from it and move on.

Back
Top Bottom