Champions League knockout stage draw

In my school comp lab, someone PM a spot to stream the games
nerd.gif

Random thought: it'd be hilarious if Almunia got red-carded and an Arsenal field player had to suit up as GK.

Worst red card ever in a major competition?

Puyol + Piquet out of the return.

eek.gif
at the way this is shaping up.

This ref has made some questionable decisions today. That RC and Fab's YC both poor calls, at least he made up for it.

^^^

Yes. Puyols might get recalled. Cesc got his leg caught between puyols. Pep *%#$%$ this game up for barca though. Ibra shouldn't of been pulled so early.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

That was a correct call on the penalty, but it shouldn't have been a red card on Puyol. Ultimately, Puyol screwed up
It would have been a tough call to make given the way it happened, but it was not the correct call. Puyol has the right to stand his ground, if Cesc swings his foot back into Puyol I'm not sure how that's a foul if Puyol is standing still. 

Puyol getting red for standing still and almost getting his leg kicked and split into two pieces. That'll teach him.

Man what a game. Puyol AND Pique out for the 2nd leg?..
eek.gif
, things just got real, real interesting.

I dont know if Puyols deserved a Red card neccessarily, but it definitely deserved a foul to be awarded. Fab was already winding up for the kick and Puyol came running in and got caught in a tough situation. Red card? Absolutely not. Foul? Yes.

Man I wish the 2nd leg was later today, that was some exciting stuff to watch.

EDIT- You guys really think Puyol was just standing his ground?.. from the replays i saw, he came running in and got a little too close while Cesc was in mid wind-up

The game lived up to expectations.

Barca dominated the first 60 minutes. They took 5 shots on target in the opening 15 minutes but Almunia came up huge.

Guardiola definitely made some questionable decisions. He had Messi playing in the hole and he wasn't really effective. He had Pedro on the right side but it was Alves who dominated that side making Pedro redundant. He subbed off Ibra after scoring 2 goals and left in Pedro who did nothing all match. Maxwell was also poor for Barca but I guess they didnt have any other options.

The best players today were Almunia, Ibrahimovic, Walcott, Dani Alves and Alex Song.

That was a bogus red card on Puyol. It wasn't even a PK. The ref also made some poor decisions resulting in yellow cards for players from both sides. I was going to say that a 2-2 draw at home is not a good result for Arsenal but without Pique and Puyol, Barca will be vulnerable at home. I guess we'll be seeing Gabriel Milito teaming up with Yaya/Marquez. Arsenal will be missing Fabregas for what looks like will be an extended period of time that will all but end our domestic title chances. Wenger has a history of rushing back injured players...Henry against PSV in 2007 and today with Gallas and Fabregas
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom