Champions League knockout stage draw

Arsenal-Barcelona in Quarters. Well it was a nice run
laugh.gif

Well...got Barca, the last team I actually wanted to face, but I do think we can beat them. All will think we are out, but we match up pretty well against them and I expect a really good 2 games from this matchup. As long as we stay healthy for both legs with all of our 1st team, I do think we have a very good chance of beating them, that'll be the key.

Nice to see Bayern get Utd, I hope Bayern can do work and have Utd packing.

Bordeaux vs Lyon...just a typical Ligue 1 showdown, I see each team winning their home games, but it will all come down to away goals in that matchup I think.

Inter vs CSKA, probably got the "best" pick of the bunch because they are the underdog. Remember this CSKA side beat a pretty good Sevilla side and expect them to give Inter a hard time, or even win their matchup.

Semi's I'm hoping look like

Arsenal
Bayern
Lyon
CSKA

Is it March 30th yet?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Is it March 30th yet?
frown.gif

^ This. Arsenal have a great chance in beating Barca.. like you said they just got to be healthy... but if you dont mined me saying Vela should play more
tongue.gif

as for the other match ups Man U got the best luck if they beat Bayern they get a some what easy oppent in Bordeaux or Lyon
Inter is def gonna beat CSKA..
So semi's for me are looking like.....

Man U Vs Lyon
Inter Vs. Arsenal....... hope i didnt get the match ups wrong?
ohwell.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

We're F'd.

Lyon vs. FCGB
BM vs. Man Utd
Arsenal vs. Barca
Inter vs. CSKA

My two favorite teams meeting up...I'll be rooting for Arsenal though. Gallas better be ready by March 30th...imagine Sol Campbell trying to defend Henry/Pedro/Ibra
sick.gif
. Wenger's going to have his work cut out for him. On the bright side, you've got the two most entertaining sides in Europe meeting up.

In fact I think all the match-ups look pretty tasty. While Inter look like favorites, playing in Russia is extremely difficult. Bayern will be a deceivingly difficult match-up for Man Utd. A lot of Man utd. fans may think that BM aren't that good after their terrible season last year but Bayern have quality all over the pitch. I bet Platini had his hands all over the Lyon vs. FCGB tie...dude wanted to get a French club into the semis
laugh.gif

Predictions:
-FCGB vs. BM
-Barca vs. Inter (winner comes out of this tie)

At the start of this UCL campaign I thought that Chelsea and Inter were the only two sides in Europe capable of beating Barca in the KO-stage...on paper it looks like Inter will get their shot.

Bayern has discipline and quality all around the pitch...United should be wary of them...
eyes.gif

smh.gif
 at the thought of Gary Neville going up against Robben or Ribery...

I forgot to even mention. Thierry back at the Emirates. He will get a good reception from the Arsenal fans. He has not played against them since he left.

Arsenal is a good team and all, but that's where it stops. Barca is a well tuned machine running on all cylinders right now. No injuries, no problem. Can't wait for Barca to raise the trophy at the bernabeu.

Originally Posted by APLX2

Arsenal is a good team and all, but that's where it stops. Barca is a well tuned machine running on all cylinders right now. No injuries, no problem. Can't wait for Barca to raise the trophy at the bernabeu.
You sound pretty dumb right now. Arsenal have won their last 5 league games and absolutely destroyed a good Porto team 5-0 in the CL. To say Barca is a well tuned machine because they beat a pathetic Stuttgart team 4-0 at HOME and they're basically unstoppable is just ******ed. Arsenal can beat Barcelona and I am counting on our young guns to beat them. I please hope every counts Arsenal out vs Barca, because we all know we will score at least 2 at home and we WILL score at the Camp Nou, question is how many. It's difficult seeing my 2 favorite teams play eachother, but I cheer for Arsenal before I cheer for anyone. Before you start thinking about lifting that trophy, think about how you're going to get to the semi's, because Barca sure as hell is not playing the NY Red Bull.

I'd be a bit shook if I was a Barca supporter. Arsenal have the speed to defend Barca on the wings plus the likes of Arshavin and Walcott who can burn Barca on the counter. That's their weakness. Cesc will need to be on form in both legs and they need to put foot to throat at the Emirates.

You sound pretty dumb right now. Arsenal have won their last 5 league games and absolutely destroyed a good Porto team 5-0 in the CL. To say Barca is a well tuned machine because they beat a pathetic Stuttgart team 4-0 at HOME and they're basically unstoppable is just ******ed. Arsenal can beat Barcelona and I am counting on our young guns to beat them. I please hope every counts Arsenal out vs Barca, because we all know we will score at least 2 at home and we WILL score at the Camp Nou, question is how many. It's difficult seeing my 2 favorite teams play eachother, but I cheer for Arsenal before I cheer for anyone. Before you start thinking about lifting that trophy, think about how you're going to get to the semi's, because Barca sure as hell is not playing the NY Red Bull.
I sound dumb? Thanks for the personal attack. Look. I tired to be humble but I could give a %$!* about your team. Barca is beasting after we hit the rough patch a month ago in La Liga and UEFA. Unless Barca transfers Messi to Arsenal and Jesus Christ himself shows up as your goalkeeper, ur %%# is getting eliminated. Yaddamean?

I sound dumb? Thanks for the personal attack. Look. I tired to be humble but I could give a %$!* about your team. Barca is beasting after we hit the rough patch a month ago in La Liga and UEFA. Unless Barca transfers Messi to Arsenal and Jesus Christ himself shows up as your goalkeeper, ur %%# is getting eliminated. Yaddamean?

Yeah you sound dumb, I never said you ARE dumb. Don't get bent out of shape, I think you are feeling the pressure already...We don't need Messi, we have players that will rip Barcas back line apart, Barca like to hog posession and take the bite out of the game, we keep the ball so well it'll give Barca a hard time to do so. You thinking it's going to be an easy job beating us at the Emirates? 
laugh.gif

Like Eracism said, Barca has no one that has the pace or speed to stay with Arshavin or Walcott on the counter, I expect at least 3 of the 4 Barca backline to get a yellow card a piece.

Get back to me at 5:45pm EST on the 31st and let me know how you really feel.  

What a draw for Arsenal! As others have mentioned I like Barca too, but I roll with the Gunners first and foremost.
I fell like we have a  great chance and I love the underdog role, its takes all the pressure off of us and places it on them.

Regardless of who you root for in Europe this match-up will be great to watch.

Keep the faith Gunners...lets get this.
pimp.gif

Damn, wasn't expecting this. Playing in Russia
smh.gif
Oh well we should be able to handle them like we did with Rubin.

Nice matchups, hoping it shapes out like this
Inter vs Barcelona
Bordeaux vs Bayern

Wait, do we know which teams plays which in the next round, or is there gonna be another draw?

I was hoping to see Inter/Barca. I'd be happy with Bayern/Barca as well.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Wait, do we know which teams plays which in the next round, or is there gonna be another draw?

I was hoping to see Inter/Barca. I'd be happy with Bayern/Barca as well.
I think it is
Quarter-final draw 

QF 1: Lyon v Bordeaux

QF 2: Bayern Munich v Manchester United
QF 3: Arsenal v Barcelona
QF 4: Inter v CSKA Moscow

Semi-final draw
Winner QF 2 v Winner QF 1
Winner QF 4 v Winner QF 3

Do you even watch football?

I would say so, they gave Arsenal a lot of space at the Emirates and at best they're a third tier team. Not that we had much of a tougher game at Old Trafford against Milan but Porto are still poor.

Messi with another hat trick
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Arsenal fans gassing themselves up because deep down, they know what their fate will be

I would say Porto aren't that great, but they def. are a better squad than Stuttgart, and dude was creaming over Barca's 4-0 win over them. Arsenal definitely aren't and shouldn't be the favorites, but it would be far from earth-shattering if they won the tie. There are 6 of the 8 left that can win, and I would really only be surprised if CSKA advanced. I don't think that Bordeaux have the experience to win the whole thing, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if they beat Lyon.

Messi... 
sick.gif

Ball control is just stupid right now. Straight magician status. 

If he keeps this up through the World Cup we can really start talking about his place among the greats. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Messi... 
sick.gif

Ball control is just stupid right now. Straight magician status. 

If he keeps this up through the World Cup we can really start talking about his place among the greats. 
tired.gif
 just dont like the guy. great player, decent person, but idk? but your right dude id nasty with the ball
sick.gif

The unfortunate thing for Messi is that he NEEDS to win a World Cup in order to be considered one of the true greats. Pele, Maradona, Zidane, all have won it. But fortunately, there are at least two more WCs left in him after this one, if he doesn't win this time.

Back
Top Bottom