CFB teams should NOT be ranked at start of season

They should start ranking teams whenever the BCS starts their rankings. Or at some point in the middle maybe week 5 or 6 or something. Penn State was too high,Cal was too high, Miami was hyped for no reason. I don't think it makes sense anymore.

Discuss

I agree, and this has been said for the past few years now. Teams are ranked on what they did the previous year/who they have returning or lost, or in somecases because the name of the school. I think ranking teams starting week 5 would be good. There is never going to be a system that satisfies everyone, as someteams will complain and campaign about where they are or should be ranked. The overrated teams (Penn ST, CAL, Miss, etc) tend to find a way to show their truecolors sooner or later. It should be only applied to football BM because unlike the other sports there are no "playoffs" for a team to provethemselves to be the best. In football it's often more when you lose rather than if you lose or whom you lose too.

this is pretty much an accepted fact at this point by everybody but the media... they sell games better to their TV audience when they can throw rankings onthere, so i think that has a lot of influence in who you see getting ranked early in the year.

Crftz333 wrote:
this is pretty much an accepted fact at this point by everybody but the media... they sell games better to their TV audience when they can throw rankings on there, so i think that has a lot of influence in who you see getting ranked early in the year.
This. It makes the games in the beginning of the year alot more exciting though. Without ranking you take outeverything that makes the College Football fun. (upsets, top ten matchups, etc) I know it sucks that alot of teams get ranked at the beginning of the year thatshouldn't be, but seeing them take lumps early in the year makes for great TV. At the end of the day everything works itself out anyways.

Originally Posted by trunks206

This. It makes the games in the beginning of the year alot more exciting though. Without ranking you take out everything that makes the College Football fun. (upsets, top ten matchups, etc) I know it sucks that alot of teams get ranked at the beginning of the year that shouldn't be, but seeing them take lumps early in the year makes for great TV. At the end of the day everything works itself out anyways.
/Thread.

It's unfortunate that a ranking system that poorly allocates it's rankings is the necessary device for making college football exciting.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

This. It makes the games in the beginning of the year alot more exciting though. Without ranking you take out everything that makes the College Football fun. (upsets, top ten matchups, etc) I know it sucks that alot of teams get ranked at the beginning of the year that shouldn't be, but seeing them take lumps early in the year makes for great TV. At the end of the day everything works itself out anyways.
/Thread.
co-sign everything

The reason that it should be eliminate din colege football is that the champ is not necessarily decided on the field. In bball, you win 6 gams and you'rechamp. Football has way too much to do with polls and othe rnonsense.

Crftz333 wrote:
this is pretty much an accepted fact at this point by everybody but the media... they sell games better to their TV audience when they can throw rankings on there, so i think that has a lot of influence in who you see getting ranked early in the year.

No it does not.. Not until a playoff system is created..
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom