~~~~| Celebrities Rockin Heat (Fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. IV | ~~~~

You a special
1547.jpg

mochas? 

Always HATED the 14 and 17. Never was a fan. I loved the 15 when they dropped. They were so unique and different. 15s will always be one of my favorite Jays.

I LOVE the 14.

Never was a 16 fan. They look like team js without the gator

Last edited:
Kodak isnt the best dressed.But he gets my attention on here and i also like his fits.I re watch his video with yo gotti daily.He isnt following the trend/being a sheep.We need regional style more than ever now.Just slim down on the fit and its all good.He blew up by being himself.He wouldn't be Kodak if he followed everybody else thats for sure.

Kodak isnt the best dressed.But he gets my attention on here and i also like his fits.I re watch his video with yo gotti daily.He isnt following the trend/being a sheep.We need regional style more than ever now.Just slim down on the fit and its all good.He blew up by being himself.He wouldn't be Kodak if he followed everybody else thats for sure.

Repped

"We just hit a lick for 10 bands"

:pimp:

Social media killed regional fits.

Used to be able to tell off break where a cat was from based on his fit and how he rocked it.

For the most part atleast.

I think eventually it will go back to regional dress code for atleast a few people.The difference will be the sizing this go around.Think about it.After so long.Why would everybody want to keep dressing like each other.Yes Social media influences most people.But after a few more years.I think its going to change clothing wise.Foot wear will stay the same.If more rappers and entertainers did it.It would happen quicker.Social media would still kind of kill it.Because if a New Yorker wanted to dress like someone from Florida or Georgia.Because he likes the way it looks.Then he can because of Social Media.And vice versa.

I love the way how the director shot that video.From the intro music,to how he shot Kodaks scenes in the room with the red light.Kodak is cross between a young Boosie/ODB in my opinion.Hes not a lyrical rapper.But hes very entertaining from a personality stand point.Thats why its funny when people hate on him.Or any of the youngsters.Rap is a form of art/expression.Everybody is different.Rap/Hip Hop has declined in the skill form.But everything comes full circle.If we had a few new Jay,z,Nas,Pac,Biggie,Dmx,s.Then it would even it out.And most people wouldn't complain.Other regions just saw how easy it was to duplicate the southern sound for a come up.Im not mad at cats if there really representing where there from.Its the blatant biting,and wave hoping i dont like.Its like if someone is original.Other rappers will bite it the next week.And nobody calls them out on it.Colorful dreads come to mind.Rappers turnt singers after Drake is successful comes to mind.Most rappers want to bite a certain look/sound.Thats why we dont have a variety of different sounds anymore.Thats what made all genres of music in the 80,s/90,s unique.

Personal preference.

And on top of that I don't think many after the 14 were special enough to go hard for.

Sheepish? That's a lazy statement.

I mean if it's personal preference I totally respect it. Just silly hearing it from the ones who probably couldn't identify some of the higher sigs if they seen them but just automatically dismiss them since it's the popular opinion.

Curious to know when this whole narrative began. Because I vividly remember dudes buying majority of early 2000s sigs and no one really just sticking to retros . Well at least around my way that's how it was.

retro kicks for alot of us are wrapped in nostalgia, so unless Jordan was making highlights in em they're basically an empty vessel.

Social media killed regional fits.

Used to be able to tell off break where a cat was from based on his fit and how he rocked it.

For the most part atleast.

vestiges exist...but only with outerwear in NYC....and certain brands...fit sized too but its really more a generational thing.

Last edited:
I miss it so much, SMMFH
Still can.  There is the mainstream lane where you'll see everywhere, but the majority in a region can be noticed. The majority still rocking Coogi and ugly tees in New Orleans, LA still big on chucks and vans, NY stay with the tims,

Last edited:
Smh.

The 11 got retroed 5 years after the OG release.

1, 2, 3 got retroed after 9 years.

I could go on.

It's been 10-15 years since the joints after the 14 up to the 23 dropped, and only a few of them retroed if that.

They gotta retro the oldest stuff first.

They've retroed and re-retroed the old 'ish continuously over the past decade. They don't retro some of the newer joints because of the manufacturing costs and the fact that those joints were and continue to be quite technically complex vs. their modern seamless, one piece, foam-cushioned counterparts.

It's easier to keep issuing the same joints over and over while stripping away tech features and using the molds and outsoles for some fusion/hybrid trash that clowns will cop because they have a Jumpman on it.

1 - 23 in og/bulls colorways are all flames, period.

Nah bruh.

It get sketchy after the 14.

Why you think JB barely retro any of them joints?

they are a business and a smart one at that so of course they're gonna retro the early, iconic stuff that started and solidified this phenomenon as that's what's gonna make them more money on a consistent basis, but...

ALL FLAMES IMO and ALL appreciated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom