~~~~| Celebrities Rockin Heat (Fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. IV | ~~~~

Cortez were big in all regions. They were plain, simple and cheap as **** with a huge swoosh on them. You could get them for $35-$45 back then.

Was Cortez' ever poppin in NYC?
laugh.gif

I never seen anyone wear em.
i remember them boys on different strokes was rocking them...lol

Don't know about poppin, but people wore them in NY. Like Hahahaha Hahahaha said they were inexpensive. Especially back in the ellese, etonic era, people definitely rocked the cortez

British Knights, no Cortez's :lol:

Nike tried to market them joints in "Forrest Gump" movie but, no dice. I wish they'd push the waffle trainers more.

Last edited:
British Knights, no Cortez's
laugh.gif

Nike tried to market them joints in "Forrest Gump" movie but, no dice. I wish they'd push the waffle trainers more.
??? nah...forest just wore them joints.....who wanted a pair because the slow dude in the movie had them on and thought it was cool

I wouldn't bother wearing cortez even tho I like how they look.
Being white I feel like putting them on just insults the wrong type of dudes.

Similarly I wouldn't go throwing on some doc martens cherry reds with my shaved head.
People from all walks of life including skinheads would want to fight me for that.

Different groups have claimed different products as their own.

I almost feel like once a product becomes overwhelmingly associated with gang violence it's irresponsible for a company to keep making them. Especially when your shoe catalogue runs thousands deep.

Obviously nike has every right to continue.
Maybe people don't hold on to this old stuff anymore, I don't know

Cortez always went heavy on the west coast. Yes bummy meth head vatos be in them with long socks but the ogs dope boys and hustlers be in the clean pairs

Only OG's I got left in the collection is are 7's(Bordeaux), 10's, 11's, 12's, 13's, 14's.

Quality was crazy back then...especially compared to the quality out now :smh:

The nostalgia hasn't left. But it damn sure ain't what it used to be.

Blame it on everyone all of a sudden becoming shoeheads and IG.

exactly...thats why I rarely post kicks on Ig or have yet to wear any of the adidas yeezy i own..**** got way to od.

Back
Top Bottom