Cavs/Sixers reportedly talking trade- Miller, Gooden, Evans ?

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

their offer is jason williams and two 2nd rounders.
J Will is trash
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

he has an expiring contract.

and i would also take him over any of the 3 players you mentioned.

then again, i'm not a GM, and neither are you.. just sharing what i read in one of miami's newspapers.

Brian Windhorst/Beacon-Journal -
The Cavs have been in contact with the Philadelphia 76ers about point guard Andre Miller. Cavs General Manager Danny Ferry and Miller were teammates with theCavs in the 1999-2000 season and have a good relationship. According to sources, new 76ers General Manager Ed Stefanski has hinted he is willing to tradeMiller, perhaps packaged with another player, for expiring contracts and a draft pick. The 76ers are in position to have salary-cap space next summer and maywant more. The Cavs have some expiring contracts, but would probably need to put together a multiplayer deal to acquire Miller.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/12783222.html?page=2&c=y

I sent this email to Brian the other day:

Hey Brian,

I'd like to see Andre Miller in the Wine and Gold. What would it take to get Miller?

Would this be enough for the Sixers?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2992~406~601~557&teams=20~20~20~5&te=&cash=

Ferry could always give them someone instead of Jones but would PHIL be content with the expiring contracts of Newble and Brown making up 2/3 of the deal?

Thanks and keep up the fine work.

-Patrick

He replied:

I think they would want Drew Gooden in the deal and would give Reggie Evans in return. But at this point it is too early to assume anything theSixers want to do. Plus if they want to make a pure salary dump they could take Jason Williams straight up from the Heat.

Something else, it doesn't matter what they do on offense if they don't start playing defense.

realcavsfans.com has better articles, interviews and blogs then Cavs.com...apparently they tried to buy out realcavsfans.com because they were getting betterinterviews and inside stuff. hilarious.

I typically don't read the cavs.com blogs and interviews because there's is little to no insight. I just read cavs.com boards and Windhorst's blog.

Back
Top Bottom