Cavs fans check in.

laugh.gif
ya the weirdest "die-hard" fans I've ever seen. Run around all season talking about there are only 6 true Cavs fans on here and ya'llknow who they are.
laugh.gif

Then a "Cavs fans check in" post comes up and people can check in.
roll.gif

Get outta here.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMs

laugh.gif
ya the weirdest "die-hard" fans I've ever seen. Run around all season talking about there are only 6 true Cavs fans on here and ya'll know who they are.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Get outta here.
laugh.gif

(scratches head...)

man i love this team.

ill be there tomorrow for game 1, thursday for game 2, and i said screw it. i just booked the weekend in ATL for game 3. ill be there in the cavs gear readyfor the heckling.

i already checked air to LA too just to be ready.

EDIT: you KNOW ill get pics of that. should i go w pics or a video? decisions decisions

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Man, I hope we meet Boston and embarrass those fools

You will meet Boston and you will embarrass those fools! Not the same Boston from last year but Boston nonetheless.

I've only been a fan for about 11 years now - but I've seen some bad times.

My wife grew up in NE Ohio though - and she was laughing yesterday when I was watching the end of the Heat-Hawks game - they said something about the loserhaving to play the Cavaliers - the 'best team in the NBA'.

It's great, and true, but it just sounds weird. Going to take a dynasty to get used to it.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMs

laugh.gif
ya the weirdest "die-hard" fans I've ever seen. Run around all season talking about there are only 6 true Cavs fans on here and ya'll know who they are.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Get outta here.
laugh.gif

(scratches head...)

Be consistent.

^Be consistent?
laugh.gif
This coming from the guy who likes the Knicks, then LeBron, then the Cavs.
laugh.gif

belle: I'm going with my brother tomorrow, and he's horrible at taking pics, so I'm thinking I'll have him do the video and I'll take pics.I'll be across from the ATL bench, Sec 110, Row 9.

man im salty as hell now. im still goin to games 1 and 2 but game 3 in ATL is in the air. my friend was down last night and we were waiting on the 3rd guy. hesaid hes 'gonna sleep on it' and let us know today. well prices went up a little, like $50 a person so theyre both out now. i still want to go but thechances are getting slimmer by the day. cheap/broke friends FTMFL

it sure as hell isnt gonna be cheaper to go to boston or LA...ugh

So, Boston or Orlando?

I want to beat the snot out of the Celtics and make amends for what happened last year.

LeBron feels the same way apparently.

[h2]http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/05/celtics_or_magic_cavaliers_and.html[/h2]
[h2]Celtics or Magic? Cavaliers' (and James') Eastern preference may have a green-tinted hue[/h2] [h3]by Brian Windhorst / Plain Dealer Reporter[/h3]
[h3]Tuesday May 12, 2009, 7:08 PM[/h3]

medium_lbjpiercejg.jpg

Joshua Gunter/The Plain DealerThe memorable duel between LeBron James and Paul Pierce in Game 7 of the 2008 Eastern semifinals remains a motivating factor
for James and one of the reasons why the Cavaliers' unstated ambition would be to play the champion Celtics in this year's Eastern finals.

CLEVELAND -- LeBron James may have mastered the art of the no-look pass, but his use of deception on his preference for Eastern Conference Finals opponent isn't as polished.
After the Cavaliers finished off the Atlanta Hawks Monday night, James tried to take the middle passage when asked which team he'd like to see in the next round. James simply said "We're looking forward to the challenge" before issuing a semi-detailed scouting breakdown of each opponent in proving he's been spending his off nights in front of the television.

But the more he talked, the more it became obvious that if James and the rest of the Cavs had their choice, they would choose a rematch with the defending champion Celtics and not the Orlando Magic.

He said he'd seen every one of the Magic's playoff games and talked about how difficult they are to defend with Dwight Howard and his strong shooters. But there was an edge when James discussed the Celtics.
http://
"We know everything about Boston, we have a history with them," James said. "They're an experienced club, you take away one All-Star, one Hall of Famer in KG [Kevin Garnett] and they've still got two more. It is going to be a tough conference final no matter which team we play because it is going to be one more step to the goal. We can't wait."

Last year's seven-game series with the Celtics was nothing if not a rivalry starter. James has said the Game 7 defeat in Boston, when he scored 45 points and Celtics' star Paul Pierce scored 41, was one of the hardest of his career.

Has he wanted another postseason shot at Pierce and Boston since?

"I'm a competitor, I thrive on going against the best," James said. "I love playing against the best you make your answer out of that."
Continue reading "Celtics or Magic? Cavaliers' (and James') Eastern preference may have a green-tinted hue" »

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/05/celtics_or_magic_cavaliers_and.html#more

As far as the dates, According to the ESPN/ABC telecast link , if the ECF are on opposite days of the WCF and the ECF start on Monday, we can assume the schedule will look like this:

Mon 18th - Game 1 @ Cleveland
Wed 20th - Game 2 @ Cleveland
Fri 22nd - Game 3 @ BOS/ORL
Sun 24th - Game 4 @ BOS/ORL
Tue 26th - Game 5 @ Cleveland
Thur 28th - Game 6 @ BOS/ORL
Sat 30th - Game 7 @ Cleveland

If the series starts on Wed the 20th, you can just bump every game down two days on the same schedule (i.e. Game 4 will be on the 26th, Game 6 will be on the30th, etc.) and Game 7 would be Monday, June 1st.

Nice article from the NY Daily News
Watch out NBA, LeBron James' Cavaliers are real deal
col_hdr_lawrence.jpg

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 12:58 PM

amd_lebron.jpg

Lyons/Getty

LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers look unbeatable.

Bring on Orlando. Or Boston. Or Denver. Or even Kobe Bryant and his Lakers.

No one still alive in the NBA playoffs can hold a candle to the Cavaliers.

They've never won a title, but they definitely have the look of a champion. Cleveland is 8-0 in the postseason, winning every game by double digits.

In every phase, the Cavaliers have been vastly superior to their opponents. It looks as if the only thing stopping them is a significant injury to you-know-who.

After LeBron James and Co. took out the Hawks Monday night, Atlanta coach Mike Woodson was asked about the Cavaliers' perfect playoff run.

"Their defense has been great throughout this series," he said. "They're playing at a championship level. I've seen that with the Pistons (as an assistant under Larry Brown when Detroit won it all in 2004), in how we defended and shared the ball and they're playing that way. They've got weapons all over the floor. As good as he is, and LeBron is one of the best I've seen in 27 years in this league, he doesn't do it alone."

That's because James wouldn't do it any other way. By comparison, the remaining competition looks weak. Right off the bat, we're discounting the Texas teams as legit contenders. Houston can't win without Yao Ming. Dallas can't win with Mark Cuban.

As for the remaining contenders, Denver showed in allowing the Mavs 119 points in its Game 4 loss that it doesn't bring the necessary D. Boston has been as game as any team can be after losing its most important player, Kevin Garnett. But the Celtics will be a crippled, worn-out team if they advance to the East Finals. Aside from the fact that Orlando doesn't have a big-time closer, it just doesn't bring the focus the Cavs have displayed.

The times those teams have seen adversity, they've all shown fatal flaws. The few times the Cavs have experienced some turbulence, they've handled it just like Michael Jordan and the Bulls used to. Turn up the D. Execute on offense. Post another W.

Which brings us to the Lakers. They've got nothing out of Andrew Bynum so far. Until he resurfaces and provides a presence in the paint and the toughness L.A. needs, they're not winning it all.

What's that you say, there's still a long way to go? Fair enough. But right now, it's looking like a very short and easy distance for these Cavaliers to navigate.

In the meantime, lets enjoy the Celtics and Magic
happy.gif

GO CAVS!

So, Boston or Orlando?

I want to beat the snot out of the Celtics and make amends for what happened last year.

LeBron feels the same way apparently.

[h2]http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/05/celtics_or_magic_cavaliers_and.html[/h2]
[h2]Celtics or Magic? Cavaliers' (and James') Eastern preference may have a green-tinted hue[/h2] [h3]by Brian Windhorst / Plain Dealer Reporter[/h3]

medium_lbjpiercejg.jpg

Joshua Gunter/The Plain DealerThe memorable duel between LeBron James and Paul Pierce in Game 7 of the 2008 Eastern semifinals remains a motivating factor
for James and one of the reasons why the Cavaliers' unstated ambition would be to play the champion Celtics in this year's Eastern finals.

CLEVELAND -- LeBron James may have mastered the art of the no-look pass, but his use of deception on his preference for Eastern Conference Finals opponent isn't as polished.
After the Cavaliers finished off the Atlanta Hawks Monday night, James tried to take the middle passage when asked which team he'd like to see in the next round. James simply said "We're looking forward to the challenge" before issuing a semi-detailed scouting breakdown of each opponent in proving he's been spending his off nights in front of the television.

But the more he talked, the more it became obvious that if James and the rest of the Cavs had their choice, they would choose a rematch with the defending champion Celtics and not the Orlando Magic.

He said he'd seen every one of the Magic's playoff games and talked about how difficult they are to defend with Dwight Howard and his strong shooters. But there was an edge when James discussed the Celtics.

sketball News, Pictures, Scores, Schedules & More
[h1]Celtics or Magic? Cavaliers' (and James') Eastern preference may have a green-tinted hue[/h1] [h3]by Brian Windhorst / Plain Dealer Reporter[/h3]

medium_lbjpiercejg.jpg
Joshua Gunter/The Plain DealerThe memorable duel between LeBron James and Paul Pierce in Game 7 of the 2008 Eastern semifinals remains a motivating factor for James and one of the reasons why the Cavaliers' unstated ambition would be to play the champion Celtics in this year's Eastern finals. CLEVELAND -- LeBron James may have mastered the art of the no-look pass, but his use of deception on his preference for Eastern Conference Finals opponent isn't as polished.

http://
"We know everything about Boston, we have a history with them," James said. "They're an experienced club, you take away one All-Star, one Hall of Famer in KG [Kevin Garnett] and they've still got two more. It is going to be a tough conference final no matter which team we play because it is going to be one more step to the goal. We can't wait."

Last year's seven-game series with the Celtics was nothing if not a rivalry starter. James has said the Game 7 defeat in Boston, when he scored 45 points and Celtics' star Paul Pierce scored 41, was one of the hardest of his career.

Has he wanted another postseason shot at Pierce and Boston since?

"I'm a competitor, I thrive on going against the best," James said. "I love playing against the best you make your answer out of that."
Continue reading "Celtics or Magic? Cavaliers' (and James') Eastern preference may have a green-tinted hue" »

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/05/celtics_or_magic_cavaliers_and.html#more

As far as the dates, According to the ESPN/ABC telecast link , if the ECF are on opposite days of the WCF and the ECF start on Monday, we can assume the schedule will look like this:

Mon 18th - Game 1 @ Cleveland
Wed 20th - Game 2 @ Cleveland
Fri 22nd - Game 3 @ BOS/ORL
Sun 24th - Game 4 @ BOS/ORL
Tue 26th - Game 5 @ Cleveland
Thur 28th - Game 6 @ BOS/ORL
Sat 30th - Game 7 @ Cleveland

If the series starts on Wed the 20th, you can just bump every game down two days on the same schedule (i.e. Game 4 will be on the 26th, Game 6 will be on the 30th, etc.) and Game 7 would be Monday, June 1st.

Nice article from the NY Daily News
Watch out NBA, LeBron James' Cavaliers are real deal
col_hdr_lawrence.jpg

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 12:58 PM

amd_lebron.jpg

Lyons/Getty

LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers look unbeatable.

Bring on Orlando. Or Boston. Or Denver. Or even Kobe Bryant and his Lakers.

No one still alive in the NBA playoffs can hold a candle to the Cavaliers.

They've never won a title, but they definitely have the look of a champion. Cleveland is 8-0 in the postseason, winning every game by double digits.

In every phase, the Cavaliers have been vastly superior to their opponents. It looks as if the only thing stopping them is a significant injury to you-know-who.

After LeBron James and Co. took out the Hawks Monday night, Atlanta coach Mike Woodson was asked about the Cavaliers' perfect playoff run.

"Their defense has been great throughout this series," he said. "They're playing at a championship level. I've seen that with the Pistons (as an assistant under Larry Brown when Detroit won it all in 2004), in how we defended and shared the ball and they're playing that way. They've got weapons all over the floor. As good as he is, and LeBron is one of the best I've seen in 27 years in this league, he doesn't do it alone."

That's because James wouldn't do it any other way. By comparison, the remaining competition looks weak. Right off the bat, we're discounting the Texas teams as legit contenders. Houston can't win without Yao Ming. Dallas can't win with Mark Cuban.

As for the remaining contenders, Denver showed in allowing the Mavs 119 points in its Game 4 loss that it doesn't bring the necessary D. Boston has been as game as any team can be after losing its most important player, Kevin Garnett. But the Celtics will be a crippled, worn-out team if they advance to the East Finals. Aside from the fact that Orlando doesn't have a big-time closer, it just doesn't bring the focus the Cavs have displayed.

The times those teams have seen adversity, they've all shown fatal flaws. The few times the Cavs have experienced some turbulence, they've handled it just like Michael Jordan and the Bulls used to. Turn up the D. Execute on offense. Post another W.

Which brings us to the Lakers. They've got nothing out of Andrew Bynum so far. Until he resurfaces and provides a presence in the paint and the toughness L.A. needs, they're not winning it all.

What's that you say, there's still a long way to go? Fair enough. But right now, it's looking like a very short and easy distance for these Cavaliers to navigate.

In the meantime, lets enjoy the Celtics and Magic
happy.gif

GO CAVS!

OC It could be the Harlem Globetrotters for all I care.... I just wanna see us in Finals...... I will be catching the first part of the ECF on vacation.......lol

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

OC It could be the Harlem Globetrotters for all I care.... I just wanna see us in Finals...... I will be catching the first part of the ECF on vacation....... lol

You know! lol

In the illustrious words of the great Malcom X, "By any means neccessary..."

laugh.gif

He has been known to cure narcolepsy just by walking into a room

His charm is so contagious vaccines have been created for it

His birthmark alone has experienced more than a lesser man's entire body

He has been known to ball with a sock

He is..the Most Interesting Cavalier in the World

022307delontewest.jpg

"I seldom eat chicken but when I do I prefer Popeye's Chicken.

large-popeyes.jpg

I knew the kid was money at the trade deadline when I analyzed his roster photo and discovered that his birthmark is in the shape of the Larry O'Brien trophy.

eek.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom