Cargo shorts

dudes out here looking like stone cold with them tight *** jean shorts on 
laugh.gif

6'4 here and i havent worn a par of cargos in at least 4 years and jean shorts in even longer. ive got a couple pairs of polo shorts that are like 25 dollars a pop that stop a little above the knee in various colors. just think of them as cargos with out the bulky annoying pockets sticking out of the sides and theyre alot more versatile. Throw on a button up and boat shoes and youre good to go, or throw on a tank, vneck, graphic tee, crew neck or raglan and some kicks and youre casual.

Dudes getting bent out of shape about shorts like we not on the internet...

Flat front shorts for me.

But i do wear the Cargos on occasion, like going to a theme park or something.

i'm going to go to Legoland at the end of september with my wife and daughter, and those extra pockets have been life savers to me.

So yeah... theme parks... or zombie apocalypse....

Casual clothing just needs to be clean and well kept and not be wildly out of style

Like enough to where girls won't date you and people won't do business with you.

Jean shorts and cargo shorts aren't those things.

I get being in style for going out to the bar or club but dudes ain't wearing shorts to those places anyways.

Last edited:
Only shorts I really wear are athletic/nike tech fleece shorts and those H&M sweat shorts
pimp.gif

http://www.hm.com/us/product/11725?article=11725-E

Got one pair of camo cargo shorts, but that's it for the cargo's, not really into anything else cargo. Not a fan of jorts either. But to each their own, wear what ever you want or makes you feel good, no judgement from me.

Last edited:
for those that don't wear cargos, but short pants in general, is this the style among folks today?

This cargo hate seems manufactured.
I see a lot of older folks where I work and I've seen both flat front and cargos. Same with people of any age, really. So it's safe to assume that your entire wardrobe shouldn't be cargos, but they certainly aren't the worst thing I've seen fashion-wise.

P.S. Never seen a pair of jorts look non-ridiculous in my entire life though.

for those that don't wear cargos, but short pants in general, is this the style among folks today?

View media item 1686669
You posted a pic of a specific demographic. That is the style of shorts for mostly every younger person now. Just switch out those shoes for sneakers or Vans and you have another specific demographic. Face it fellas, cargo shorts are for the most part played out.

My legs are too big to rock jean shorts lol.

So you don't wear jeans?

Cargo shorts are functional, I guess. I have no need for them and don't like the way they look. Only carry my phone, wallet and keys. No need for extra aesthetically non-flattering pockets.

Waiting for someone to defend cargo pants, carpenter jeans and overalls.

View media item 1686669
[/quote]

Because of this picture, Im riding with cargos.

Why in the hell would anyone want to look like everyone else in a room?

This pic may have just killed those shorts, that fast.

Last edited:

This pic may have just killed those shorts, that fast.[/quote]
cause thats how you think people in a sneaker forum dress when they say they dont wear cargos?

So you don't wear jeans?

Cargo shorts are functional, I guess. I have no need for them and don't like the way they look. Only carry my phone, wallet and keys. No need for extra aesthetically non-flattering pockets.

Waiting for someone to defend cargo pants, carpenter jeans and overalls.
I wear jeans all the time. But jean shorts, no. IMO, they look good on a specific body build and doesn't look good on all. (example: Me and Big Baby Davis) Maybe I'm too self conscious? I have a old pair of APCs that I could re-purpose to jean shorts and try them out. But, Idk.

I wear chino shorts and those work for me.

I went to a dunk exchange about month ago and everyone was rocking cargo shorts and pulled up Nike crew socks or elites with runners, and I thought the same thing.
laugh.gif

Felt like I missed the memo.
Blame social media

This pic may have just killed those shorts, that fast.[/quote]
Gotta be like a school dress code or something 
laugh.gif
. NO way that organic or...

Gotta be like a school dress code or something 
laugh.gif
. NO way that organic or...
nope thats how the white upper middle class kids dress. i went to my little sister high school graduation a couple months ago, she went to one of those rich preppy private schools, and every single guy there was dressed like that or a variation of that look

nope thats how the white upper middle class kids FROM THE SOUTH (and possibly east) dress. i went to my little sister high school graduation a couple months ago, she went to one of those rich preppy private schools, and every single guy there was dressed like that or a variation of that look

Fixed.

Surprised they didn't have the Oxford long sleeve button up with the sleeves rolled up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom