Car heads: Which car has the best engine/exhaust note? (non exotics)

yea the r32's have AMAZING sound but are they still FF or AWD? they look great as well (the 08 models) but i dono...can't justify paying so much 25-30kfor a little hatchback..

and i forgot to add F20/22C @ 8-9k...it's a different type of engine note than the vr6 or vq but in person it's just amazing.

laugh.gif
at people saying Honda having best engine note ....

-Cobra Mustang are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-Subaru box engine
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nissan KA20DE
pimp.gif

As far as engine note, I'd say the VQ series engine takes the cake as far as everyday cars. The Subie's boxer 4 comes in next then the K20. I'mtalking all out of factory.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

laugh.gif
at people saying Honda having best engine note ....

-Cobra Mustang are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-Subaru box engine
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nissan KA20DE
pimp.gif
wth is a ka20de? you mean ka24...and eh, it wasn't that great. i hate how everyone throws on a 3" ebay exhaust on the n/a engine thinkingit sounds good. it sounds just as bad as any other ricer civics with fart cans IMO. i made the same mistake and i left the silencer on so it wouldn't be asobnoxious. loud =/= good. however, with a 2.5" piping and a big resonator it does sound similar to a subie...

the RB series do sound good though but obviously not something you can buy easily in the states.

Followed by

And
indifferent.gif
� at people putting civics in this thread which sound thesame as a Hyundai Accent or Geo Metro with a loud muffler.

^is that nsx peglegging?

i also forgot LSx series engines...probably best american v8 made IMO.

ThuG LyFe wrote:
As far as regular street cars (like 30k and under?) I don't think there's anything that can top the vw/audi VR6 engine notes with the right exhaust...that is for a regular street production car. I just can't imagine such a wonderful super car sound/growl especially when it's on those old crapbox vw's
eek.gif

" href="http://">

Close runners up: Subaru boxer engine, Nissan VQ engine

Sounds pretty weak.� Barely noticeable at idle.� But to each his own.� There still nice cars.

Originally Posted by wj4

The topic says engine and you dudes talking about exhaust? Aftermarket exhaust (even on a FI'd car) doesn't really make the engine louder. Keep a stock exhaust and throw on an aftermarket intake will make it louder.

Best engine for a sub 30k car.....hands down 4G63.
How did this turn into a "what car has the best exhaust sound" topic?
laugh.gif

I guess engine noise can translate into exhaust note...not really but whatever.

Dudes is really comparing exhaust notes of MODDED cars? Cmon you have to go stock for stock on this one.

Besides supercars and exotics and whatnot, G35s and FX35s have incredibly sexy exhaust notes.
pimp.gif

Too bad they toned it down for the new generations.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Rotaries sound like @%$%, on the other hand, the F20C is *!!%$* dope....
I don't know %$*% about rotaries, but I dig the sound they make since its different. I'm not gonna post it here, since it would beirrelevant, but go look up Mad Mikes 4-Rotor FD on youtube... Ridiculous.
smokin.gif

laugh.gif
i guess it did turn into a exhaust note thread...which is cool but ithought the engine/exhaust note from the vr6's are amazing...sounds even more tuned and growlier than any vq

so yea let's post up more nice engine/exhaust notes of cars

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Besides supercars and exotics and whatnot, G35s and FX35s have incredibly sexy exhaust notes.
pimp.gif

smokin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
My son setting off car alarms with flowmaster mufflers now.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

I like my stangs. Nothing sound better than a beast on the road. IMO!!

Edit: I think this car runs on Zeus's lightning bolts. Its *%@+@ out thunder.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom