Car Heads: Transmission ?

While driving i realized my gear was between D and 2 for about 10-20 seconds, could this have done damage to my ******? i think my car is making a noise now imnot sure if it was before.

no ur fine don't worry. even if it was stuck in 2 it just means it wouldn't have changed gears past 2nd gear...but yea i don't think you haveanything to worry about.

Every car uses a gearbox. It's either in a gear, or not in a gear. If it wasn't in gear, then you wouldn't have been able to give any power to thewheels. Granted it might not have been good for the actual shifter itself, it shouldn't have done any damage to the ******. You oughta be straight, fam.

Originally Posted by MECKS

i always drive in 2nd...
wow, i only used 1 and 2 when going uphill, and D all the way..To awnser the OP's question, the car was in gear if it moved. As long as youdidn;t hear any grinding noises, your transmission is fine.

Angel

Originally Posted by inglewooood

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

i always drive in 2nd...
I hope you're kidding, fam. Es no bueno.

why not? (i only take the D)

u force the engine. i think 2 is for like speed under 20 in bumper to bumper traffic for really long periods of time
ooooh. okay understood. thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by inglewooood

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

i always drive in 2nd...
I hope you're kidding, fam. Es no bueno.

why not? (i only take the D)

u force the engine. i think 2 is for like speed under 20 in bumper to bumper traffic for really long periods of time
ooooh. okay understood. thanks for the tip.

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

you should be straight! i used to panel shift (D, 3, 2, 1) in my 07 monte ss all of the time when i wanted to race.............just a usual tune about everysix months to keep everything running strong

all of those automatic cars with the automatic to manual shift options use the same method...
eyes.gif

why would they put those gears there if it was gonna mess up your transmission?!? "o i dont use that gear cuz im not towing anything"
indifferent.gif

getting all of your engines potential......FTW

Back
Top Bottom