Cancer breakthrough?

A Stanford University study targeting cancer cells in laboratory mice has been generating buzz and hope.

A new experiment for cancer treatment had incredible results using immune-stimulators to target tumors in mice. Specifically activating T cells in tumors eliminated even distant metastases in mice, according to a study published this week by researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine.

In all, 87 of 90 mice were cured of the cancer. Although the cancer recurred in three of the mice, the tumors again regressed after a second treatment, according to the peer-reviewed research.

Mice genetically engineered to develop breast cancers in all 10 of their mammary pads also responded to the treatment. Treating the first tumor that arose often prevented the occurrence of future tumors and increased the animals' life span, researchers found.

The approach works for many different types of cancers, including those that arise spontaneously, the study found.

https://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...ough-97-percent-of-mice-cured-in-12547552.php

I'm so hyped about this. This needs to be all over the media so they can get as much support as possible. If it works out with human, give them all Noble peace prize awards.

Yeah this isn't some lone individual either who came up with it so big pharma could strike em down and they die mysteriously. It's coming from Stanford researchers so good news all around

Yeah this isn't some lone individual either who came up with it so big pharma could strike em down and they die mysteriously. It's coming from Stanford researchers so good news all around
Precisely, and fortunately, Stanford is prestigious enough not to get bribed by any of those big wig companies either.

Bravo! Well needed news in a world that has been going to crap at warp speeds in the past year.

That is good news!! I'm always worried though because that's how I Am Legend starts......

It won’t get shut down by Big pharmacy. Big pharmacy has been involved with car-t for a while. Hopefully this works in humans.

Really hope this can lead to something,cancer has affected far too many lives.Lost three grandparents to cancer myself and I'm sure the vast majority of us have been affected in some way.

Lost 2 uncles to cancer. A cure in my lifetime would be amazing. Hopefully this is a major step in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom