Canadian Government may prevent Internet capping

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

The thing is, Netflix Canada sucks. Badly. Its cool to have, but the 4 months I had it, they got nothing other than Mad Men and a couple decent movies.
My main downloads were TV shows (legally).

I'm about to end the 1 month trial, and doesn't the interface change? My boy's Netflix menus look different that mine. I assumed it would also come with a bit more shows? Cause I'm almost through all that I want to watch...  Maybe one more month.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

The thing is, Netflix Canada sucks. Badly. Its cool to have, but the 4 months I had it, they got nothing other than Mad Men and a couple decent movies.

I'm about to end the 1 month trial, and doesn't the interface change? My boy's Netflix menus look different that mine. I assumed it would also come with a bit more shows? Cause I'm almost through all that I want to watch...  Maybe one more month.

Seriously, the interface becomes a joke. Its much harder to find something by searching.
Supposedly it reviews what you have watched and picks from the library what it thinks you would be interested in.

In the span of a month, their were 8 new movies (not counting the tons of indies that show up 
grin.gif
). 3 of which were direct to DVD. 

Seriously, the interface becomes a joke. Its much harder to find something by searching.
Supposedly it reviews what you have watched and picks from the library what it thinks you would be interested in.

In the span of a month, their were 8 new movies (not counting the tons of indies that show up 
grin.gif

grin.gif

Yeah, it's pretty slow going.

And I've been automatically billed for February so I'ma ride it out for the month.

I'm also curious to see how close to my 100GB 'limit' I was after my first month on Netflix.

grin.gif

And I've been automatically billed for February so I'ma ride it out for the month.

I'm also curious to see how close to my 100GB 'limit' I was after my first month on Netflix.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

I worry that internet capping is a very real possibility someday here in the states...

They're trying to do it here as well. Well,they should focus more on providing better service first. Internet bandwidth is ridiculous in this part of the world.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I worry that internet capping is a very real possibility someday here in the states...

They're trying to do it here as well. Well,they should focus more on providing better service first. Internet bandwidth is ridiculous in this part of the world.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

grin.gif

I went back home for Christmas break and just watched a crapload of Lost episodes in HD and 5.1 audio so that took up a lot of bandwidth. I came back about two weeks into December and when I checked how much GB was used for that month it was 191 gb lol. The month before it was like 50 GB, for the entire month!  I wouldn't doubt you exceeding 100GB if you stream a lot, specially HD content. 

grin.gif

I went back home for Christmas break and just watched a crapload of Lost episodes in HD and 5.1 audio so that took up a lot of bandwidth. I came back about two weeks into December and when I checked how much GB was used for that month it was 191 gb lol. The month before it was like 50 GB, for the entire month!  I wouldn't doubt you exceeding 100GB if you stream a lot, specially HD content. 

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
What's crazy is I remember an article posted right here on Niketalk roughly about 2-3 years ago, issuing a concern on the monopolization a lot of telecommunication companies have in regards to providing bandwidth and such. With the release of the testing google laptops, it's kind of scary considering it provides some foresight for a more "regulatory" and restricted internet. 
I hope this wouldn't be the case because life is certainly changing right under our noses and the worst part about is, people may not even protest against it 
tired.gif

Future NT Thread: I remember when... internet had unlimited usage now I can only use 30 GB a month 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 Vol. Eff these companies.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
What's crazy is I remember an article posted right here on Niketalk roughly about 2-3 years ago, issuing a concern on the monopolization a lot of telecommunication companies have in regards to providing bandwidth and such. With the release of the testing google laptops, it's kind of scary considering it provides some foresight for a more "regulatory" and restricted internet. 
I hope this wouldn't be the case because life is certainly changing right under our noses and the worst part about is, people may not even protest against it 
tired.gif

Future NT Thread: I remember when... internet had unlimited usage now I can only use 30 GB a month 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 Vol. Eff these companies.

Originally Posted by salbah3

grin.gif

Uh oh..

Originally Posted by salbah3

grin.gif

Uh oh..

I am confused?

I am with rogers...and i get bill $2 per GB over 60 GB...of course i go over 60 GB every month....

how is this decision relevant to bandwidth capping and charging for over usage?

are they getting rid of that? or are they just keeping the current system in tact...which is a bunch of *+#+%@%#.

I am confused?

I am with rogers...and i get bill $2 per GB over 60 GB...of course i go over 60 GB every month....

how is this decision relevant to bandwidth capping and charging for over usage?

are they getting rid of that? or are they just keeping the current system in tact...which is a bunch of *+#+%@%#.

we need to get rid of this capping

im paying 60+ a month and i still go over

When i was in NL there was no cap and the month bill was only 40

we need to get rid of this capping

im paying 60+ a month and i still go over

When i was in NL there was no cap and the month bill was only 40

Back
Top Bottom